User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    By the way...What is so cool about this show? I've watched it, and don't get it.
    Hmm, I don't know if I could explain it, but I find it hilarious. It may just not be your style of comedy.
    Something Witty

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    By the way...What is so cool about this show? I've watched it, and don't get it.
    Not everyone will. The style of humour is a bit like that of Napoleon Dynamite in that either you love it or it's just not funny at all. I am a tick for both. I love FOTC.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Murray seems like a lonely extrovert to me. Brett and Jemaine both come off as introverts, and shy ones at that.
    Yes, I agree. Murray fits the ENFJ profile very well I think, but his low skill level at just about everything and general ignorance means he's not that popular. Do you agree with ENFJ?

I could not understand why anyone would think either Jemaine or Brett are extroverts. Though I'm changing my original opinion of Jemaine as I think he's actually an F. In fact, they're probbably both IXFPs, most likely N.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    He only has one friend outside of the band.
    He has a wife. Sometimes. He often neglects his responsibilities to her for the band (the episode where they go 'on tour' springs to mind, and this fits part of sherlock's ENFJ profile). He also has his assistant Greg (sort of) and the New Zealand Prime Minister sort of takes a shine to Murray, it seems. He also tends to be pretty up to flirting or playing wing man for the guys, even if he's not very good at it. He seems pretty desperate for more human contact to me.

Also, what made you think Jemaine is an F? Brett clearly is, but Jemaine isn't quite as clear to me.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Also, what made you think Jemaine is an F? Brett clearly is, but Jemaine isn't quite as clear to me.
    Well I wasn't sure, really. He does seem more rational and less likely to warm to people than Brett, but he is very attatched to him, reacts spitefully when he feels he isn't included and sometimes comes across as an immature F. The songs he writes (the ones that are canon to the show and not just imagination sequences or whatever) often show a lot of his emotion. But then again, I also thought maybe T because he (usually, not with a few) has a less romantic view of women (often just wants sex). So I dunno. IXXP?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, I think I'd agree ENFJ for Murray. Jemaine is definitely the hardest for me to type. It's a bit confusing because their songs are clever, but the characters themselves aren't. They are supposed to come off as daft and confused a lot of the time, so I don't think they're going to fit into MBTI extremely easily.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Yeah, I think I'd agree ENFJ for Murray. Jemaine is definitely the hardest for me to type. It's a bit confusing because their songs are clever, but the characters themselves aren't. They are supposed to come off as daft and confused a lot of the time, so I don't think they're going to fit into MBTI extremely easily.
    I think the idea is that they are supposed to have songs that are unintentionally clever. Like Jemaine's 'Brett you got it Going On' song is hilarious, but the idea is that this was just what popped into Jemaines head in order to cheer him up, and then got sidetracked into defending any accusations against himself.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."