First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by mrsherlockholmes View Post
    The most common villain archetype actually seems to be INTJ I think, followed by ENTJ, ESTJ, ENTP and then maybe some Fs. I wonder if there are ever any ISFP villains though. I think they seem least likely.
    I'd say that ESTP and ISTP villains are more common than ENTP. You're right about INTJ and ENTJ, though. It seems to me that NTJ/STP is where all the evil is usually happening.

When NTPs are villains, it seems like they're not deliberately evil like the NTJs or STPs, but rather misguided or lacking ethics (e.g., building things with evil implications, or conducting unethical scientific experiments.)
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    I'd say that ESTP and ISTP villains are more common than ENTP. You're right about INTJ and ENTJ, though. It seems to me that NTJ/STP is where all the evil is usually happening.

When NTPs are villains, it seems like they're not deliberately evil like the NTJs or STPs, but rather misguided or lacking ethics (e.g., building things with evil implications, or conducting unethical scientific experiments.)
    The ENTP is actually a fairly common (increasingly I think) villain type. It is the practical joker, the sadistic but scatterbrained evil genius who just likes to wreck peoples lives for their own enjoyment.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Okay, read the 5th book and started the 6th. So far my guesses are

Nero: No idea! He's a nutjob! But I think he's a P. Only doing the job because he has to and spends most of his time playing violin. XXXP.
    Carmelita Spatts: ESTX, probably P.
    Duncan: ISTJ
    Isadora: INFJ
    Mrs Bass and Mr Remora are too underdeveloped.
    Esme Squalor: EXFJ is my guess so far, taking into account what I remember from the later books.
    Jerome Squalor: XXFJ?

But these are just guesses and if there's anyone here who also reads these I'd like to discuss.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

So, new type estimates are

Violet Baudelaire: INTJ
    Klaus Baudelaire: INTP
    Sunny Baudelaire: ISTP
    Count Olaf: ENTJ
    Mr. Poe: XSTJ
    Justice Strauss: ESFJ
    Uncle Monty: ENTP
    Aunt Josephine: ISFJ
    Phil: ESFJ
    Sir: ESTJ
    Charles: IXFP
    Dr. Orwell: ENTJ
    Vice Principal Nero: XXXP
    Carmelita Spatts: ESTP
    Duncan Quagmire: XSTJ
    Isadora Quagmire: INFJ
    Jerome Squalor: XSFJ
    Esme Squalor: ESFJ
    Lemony Snicket: INFX
    Hector: INTP
    Hal: ISTJ
    Olivia: ENFJ
    Hugo: ISFJ
    Kevin: ISFP
    Colette: ISFP
    Last edited by Mr. Sherlock Holmes; 10-22-2010 at 09:23 AM.
    JiNe

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Read up to book 9 now.

Jerome: XSFJ
    Esme: ESFJ
    Council of Elders seem to be various SJs (Mr. Handler really isn't too nice to his SJs most of the time!) but mostly ISTJ
    I think Hector is INTP. Various personal hobbies, inventing and reading, could be S but his Behind-the-scenes communication style and goal being simply to live by himself in a spatially restricted but unmonitored environment makes me think he's more likely N. An S would look for a more exciting life I expect.
    Hal: ISTJ: Orderly, quiet, logical, simple but hardworking, not too inquisitive.
    Milt the shopkeeper and Lou the deliveryman don't really have much to say, so it's hard to type them.
    Volunteers Fighting disease seem mostly like a bunch of EXFPs.
    Olivia (Madame Lulu): ENFJ, with WAY too much Fe!
    Kevin and Collete seem like emo ISFPs.
    Queen Debbie: ESFJ
    Tony (Her boyfriend): ESFP

I really wish I could discuss this with someone rather than just posting by myself and having nobody to cross-examine my estimates.
    JiNe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    INFp

It's been an eternity since I've actually re-read the books, but I'll do my best.

Violet: INTJ

Klaus: INTP

Sunny: XSXP----Although she is an unusual baby, more progressive than most in her developpement, we can't really type someone at that age. I didn't see any signs of introversion or extroversion, and no indication of her being a T or an F. However, she seemed more SP oriented-Her hobbies-cooking & biting are physical or stuff done by hand. She is an artisan of food

Mr Poe: An obvious ISTJ: He is all for rules, the law, and NEVER listens to the Baudelaire when they say that Olaf is near; He trusts that stephano is stephano just because he says so. He is easily satisfied by the word alone, and trusts the authorities way too much. That behaviour matches the profile of an ISTJ. Now, for the matter of introversion, well, from what I remember of him, he is not very sociable. In bad beggining, when the Baudelaires went to see him in his office, he barely let them talk before dismissing them and their concerns about Olaf. And, he doesn't take the time to get to know the Baudelaire's next guardians when he meets them. It could be just because he's busy, but still, to me, apart from the polite "How do you do?", he appears to avoid social situations.

Josephine: ISFJ.

Olaf: ENTJ.

Phil: ESFJ.

Lemony Snicket: INFJ: I suppose INFP would be a good guess, but I don't quite see the idealistic-see-the-world-in-rose trait that many INFP have. And Snicket is an extremly nostalgic and melancolic person, which is true for most INFJs. I don't mean to stereotype the two INF types, but from the limited information we have on Snicket, this crappy argumentation is the best I can give.

Fiona: INFJ? I'm not very sure of this one...But the fact that she sided with her brother and Olaf, joined a side that she knew was wrong, for her (was it her stepfather? My memory is giving me trouble...)stepfather's sake tells me that she lets her heart rule her head. She needed to be alone in her research, which points towards I, and she seemed reserved to me.

I really don't know, I guess I should re-read the books to be able to type her, and the rest of them better.

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Just finished the last book.

The Slippery Slope
    This is my favourite book, because not only does it introduce an important and cool character, go into a deep exploration of V.F.D. and have some good emotional moments, but the books after seem to slack off in displaying the Baudelaires using their unique skills, sadly.

Quigley: INTJ
    Man with beard but no hair and Woman with hair but no beard: NTJ, probably INTJ.
    Jacques: Still can't type, but probably a J.

The Grim Grotto
    Captain Widdershins: ESTJ. Comes off initially as ENTP, but that doesn't hold up to scrutiny. I think he's just an unusually loopy ESTJ.
    Fiona: I think INFP. At first she seemed INTP, with her specific areas of interest and cautious analytical approach, but Fi can do a similar thing and she definitely made an internal value based decision to join her brother. She says "He may not be as noble as you Baudelaires but he's the only family I've got." and that sounds like Fi to me. Also, when Captain Widdershins dissapeared and she started trying to act like him, I think she went into her ESTJ shadow, driven by her Fi and Si, but managing with her Te.

Fernald, I think, is an ESXJ.

Lemony Snicket: INFJ: I suppose INFP would be a good guess, but I don't quite see the idealistic-see-the-world-in-rose trait that many INFP have. And Snicket is an extremly nostalgic and melancolic person, which is true for most INFJs. I don't mean to stereotype the two INF types, but from the limited information we have on Snicket, this crappy argumentation is the best I can give.
    INFJ is possible, but I am leaning more towards INFP at the moment. The way he describes himself, while possibly innacurate, seems very Fi. INFPs are definitely not all lovey-dovey, and are actually very capable of becoming total emos.

I also changed my mind on Carmelita. She's an F.

The Penultimate Peril

Frank/Ernest: EXXJ. Hard to tell what exactly they are, especially since most of the time they're dropping hints or communicating in code. By the way, for those who are interested, the order the brothers appear in in the book by page is Ernest, Frank, Frank, Ernest, Dewey, and then you can't really tell after the harpoon is fired.

Dewey: INTP. Hiding in the background, devoting his life to finding and keeping information.

Kit Snicket: INFJ, or possibly ISFJ. Brilliant character.

The End

Friday: ESFP
    Ishmael: Not a clue. Someone help me on this one? He's always acting or trying to trick someone.

By this point, I think both the Baudelaire parents seem like ENXPs, but of course the information we have on them is very limited and subjective.

I will now update the big list I have made several posts back with my current estimations.
    JiNe

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Oh, it seems I have run out of edits on that post or something. Here is a new list.

Violet Baudelaire: INTJ (or possibly ISTP)
    Klaus Baudelaire: INTP
    Sunny Baudelaire: ISTP
    Lemony Snicket: INFP
    Mr. Poe: ISTJ
    Justice Strauss: ESFJ
    Phil: ESFJ
    Sir: ESTJ
    Charles: IXFP
    Dr. Orwell: ENTJ
    Vice Principal Nero: XXXP
    Carmelita Spatts: ESFP
    Duncan Quagmire: XSTJ
    Isadora Quagmire: ISFJ
    Jerome Squalor: XSFJ
    Esme Squalor: ESFJ
    Hector: INTP
    Hal: ISTJ
    Olivia: ENFJ
    Kevin: ISFP
    Colette: ISFP
    Quigley Quagmire: INTJ
    The man with a beard but no hair: INTJ
    The woman with hair but no beard: INTJ
    Captain Widdershins: ESTJ
    Fiona: INFP
    Kit Snicket: INFJ
    Frank Denouement: EXXJ
    Ernest Denouement: EXXJ
    Dewey Denouement: INTP
    Friday: ESFP
    Ishmael: XXXX
    JiNe

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

I haven't read the series in a long time, and don't remember some of the characters, but...

Violet: ISTP (INTJ is possible, though)
    Klaus: INTP
    Sunny: xSTP
    Mr. Poe: xSTJ

Oh, and as for Lemony Snicket himself, I don't know how no one else here saw this; INTP is perfect for him. How he's articulate, witty, intellectual, sophisticated, and incredibly self-deprecating. Also, he never shows his face, and is a "behind-the-scenes" kind of man. And he always mentions these random, unusual, obscure observations, which is very common among INTPs. The way he talks (or writes) is very Ti. Also, the weird tangents he tends to go off on is another INTP trait. And he's very...melancholy and nostalgic (INTP's Si makes them like this, too). The only other type I can see for him is INFJ, but INTP is much more likely... He doesn't strike me as a feeler. The way he writes and develops his characters isn't very...Feeler. And he's a detective; the first types I think of when I think of detectives are INTPs and ISTJs (oh, and he's definitely not an ISTJ).

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I'm really curious about this. What types are the characters?