• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Big Bang Theory

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The reason Je users are Js is because they judge based on clear physical benchmarks, such as making people happy or achieving a certain status or obvious development, and that is why they are more progressive and task focused than Ps. But what objective clear benchmark is Sheldon searching for? He just learns because he finds it interesting and puts subjective value on it. Sure, Te users CAN obtain information that has no purpose, and they may find it amusing or interesting. But they don't go out of their way to learn it just for it's own sake. He's driven by curiousity, which I've mentioned before.

they are J's because they use their judgment on external world and perceive the internalized judgments previously made with Pi, also they tend to make snap judgments since they are making the judgment based on external facts(TJ) or external emotional contexts(FJ). while P's perceive the external world and make judgments internally, For Ji function to work it needs to be sure that the person has all needed information to form the judgment so that his judgment isnt based on "false" image of the external world. this causes P types to make decisions(judgments) slower and to perceive information more, thats why they are called P types and J types strive for making judgments instead of perceiving, thats why they are called J types.

i suggest you to look more reasons why mbti is the way it is, because it seems that you know these things pretty much only on surface level and make false assumptions because of that. when you understand reasons behind this stuff, that when you understand mbti instead of just knowing things about it, because without proper understanding(with knowing things only) you wont be able to put these things outside the context of where you learned them, because you wont be able to take the principles(since you dont see them) on how the functions work to build an understanding about function stuff in new context.

i dont mean to offend you with this, i just noticed that this is where you are making your mistakes and maybe you want to work on it.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
That is a good point, though the slow decision thing is mainly for IPs. *Sigh* I do try to understand it as well as possible, but sometimes I think I'm just not that smart. There are still quite a lot of things that don't seem to sit well with him being an ISTJ, but I do agree now that it's probably more likely than INTP (though I'd still pick that over INTJ, particularly with his Si).

Zed

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Hey! I'm new to this group but I don't miss this show. Litvyak nailed it...IMHO

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
That is a good point, though the slow decision thing is mainly for IPs. *Sigh* I do try to understand it as well as possible, but sometimes I think I'm just not that smart. There are still quite a lot of things that don't seem to sit well with him being an ISTJ, but I do agree now that it's probably more likely than INTP (though I'd still pick that over INTJ, particularly with his Si).

EP types get need less Ji time since what information that Pe gives comes more ready. Like with ENTP and INTP, ENTP gets answers more ready from Ne, while INTP needs to figure out more what his perception(Ne) means, kinda like ENTPs Ne has more dots connected and INTP needs to rationalize it more with Ti to see the connections. Thats why the slow decisions making is more common with IP types than EP types.

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
If he's a J, he's STJ. The Si is obvious at least.

I think you're initially right in typing him an INTP that has strong Si.

His sense of identity (dominant function) is his ability to make perfect subjective logical discernments for all his actions and quickly detect when someones else's actions are 'off' in not matching his own logical model - hmmm what function does that? ;)

Si as a dominant function and sense of identity would be completely different - more focused on what has been done in the past by others and proven effective over a long period of time etc. a bit like Forrest Gump who is more of an ISTJ character.

I thought it was a very good portrayal of an INTP (it helps that Parsons, who plays him, is also an INTP).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Forrest Gump who is more of an ISTJ character.

please, dont try to type anyone if you think forrest gump is an istj

XYZ

MBTI Type
GOAT
Enneagram
DUNO
What would your read of Forrest Gump's character be then?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
What would your read of Forrest Gump's character be then?

FJ. its long time since i saw the movie so hard to give more clear type, but probably S and i dont remember about I or E

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's really really really really obvious Sheldon is a J(Te).

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's even more obvious he's an Si type. I'm really, really at a loss why people keep insisting he must be an N.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's even more obvious he's an Si type. I'm really, really at a loss why people keep insisting he must be an N.

because he is a fictional character that has Ni traits also and some people concentrate on those Ni traits more than Si traits when typing him.

Malcontent

MBTI Type
abcd
I'm watching season 2 and in an episode Sheldon says: "Changes are never good. People say they are good, but it's not true".
He is a strong ISTJ, like Temperance Bones Brennan and Dexter Morgan.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
because he is a fictional character that has Ni traits also and some people concentrate on those Ni traits more than Si traits when typing him.
Ni traits? What Ni traits? :huh:

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm watching season 2 and in an episode Sheldon says: "Changes are never good. People say they are good, but it's not true".
He is a strong ISTJ, like Temperance Bones Brennan and Dexter Morgan.

Ni traits? What Ni traits? :huh:

If he wasn't a theoretical physicist and comic book nerd, I could easily say ISTJ. He has quite a wild imagination.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He could be INTP, or a reserved ESTJ of the Dilbert variety. In fact, the latter is most likely, given how energetic he is in arguments and the like.

Blanchard

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5W4
Sheldon: ISTJ
Leonard: INTP
Howard: eSTP
Ratz: INFP
Penny: ESFP
Bernadette: ENFJ
Amy: INTJ