• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Big Bang Theory

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Also, looked up OCD and OCPD. Going by the Wikipedia page, it appears he has aspects of both.

Unique

Sheldon - INTJ
Leonard - INTP
Raj - INTP (the not talking around women and awkwardness might make leonard seem more E)
Wolowitz - ESTP
Penny - ESFP

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
" Te is objective reasoning, taking things in mostly on their practical value and forming connections between observable evidence. Ti is subjective reasoning, and therefore makes it's own assertions on what is important to know, and values theoretical deduction over observable fact."

you got these wrong. Ti is objective reasoning and deduction(and Pe is feeding the information that is used for objective deduction and reasoning by Ti), Te is deciding what is correct or incorrect based on observed facts(and Pi is collecting these observed facts into a model of understanding).
no wonder you think sheldon is an intp if you dont get these two functions right.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prafMmD_mx8 - Here he makes a deduction based on logic, but does not feel any need to verify it with evidence."

lol, that havent even seen Ti, he is comparing learned facts with the present moment. 100% Te + Pi.

"I have been taught that OCD is a compulsion to engage repeatedly in unnecessary and pointless behaviour on a regular basis and they can not feel comfortable if they don't."

ocd is obsessive irrational thinking about something that causes the person to act according to it, even tho the person would know(in rational level) the thoughts and the acts that the person is doing to ease the thoughts are irrational. if they dont act to ease these thoughts, they will get haunted by the thoughts really much

i dont see any point in this argument since you got so many facts about functions wrong, making you to come to false conclusions and the way you view this whole subject is flawed

ill rest my case saying that sheldon is something between intj, istj and estj since he cant be typed with a single type, but what ever type he might be, he definitely isnt a P or F type

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
" Te is objective reasoning, taking things in mostly on their practical value and forming connections between observable evidence. Ti is subjective reasoning, and therefore makes it's own assertions on what is important to know, and values theoretical deduction over observable fact."

you got these wrong. Ti is objective reasoning and deduction(and Pe is feeding the information that is used for objective deduction and reasoning by Ti), Te is deciding what is correct or incorrect based on observed facts(and Pi is collecting these observed facts into a model of understanding).
no wonder you think sheldon is an intp if you dont get these two functions right.

But still I must ask, what is the difference between these two definition sets, except that you say that Ti is objective (it isn't, as subjectivity is drawing your own conclusions, whether it be through how you feel or through deduction, rather than directly from observable evidence)? I think we need a third opinion on these function definitions.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4

But still I must ask, what is the difference between these two definition sets, except that you say that Ti is objective (it isn't, as subjectivity is drawing your own conclusions, whether it be through how you feel or through deduction, rather than directly from observable evidence)? I think we need a third opinion on these function definitions.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
i'd like to know the source(s) that each of you are using to arrive at your conclusions regarding the definitions.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
i'd like to know the source(s) that each of you are using to arrive at your conclusions regarding the definitions.

Extensive collection from various definitions on MBTI sites and discussions in this forum, including the one where people have been giving me advice on how to refine the definitions of the functions on the test I created to avoid innacuracy in testing for results.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

Te is objective reasoning(its black and white type of judging without clear reasoning, (usually the reasons for why something is right is something like it says so on wikipedia) about if something is right or wrong based on observed facts(new and old)), taking things in mostly on their practical value(i dont understand what this has anything to do with Te) and forming connections between observable evidence(this is Ni and Ne).

Ti is subjective reasoning(its objective type of reasoning, even tho the objective reasoning is done to a subjective data), and therefore makes it's own assertions on what is important to know, and values theoretical deduction over observable fact.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Extensive collection from various definitions on MBTI sites and discussions in this forum, including the one where people have been giving me advice on how to refine the definitions of the functions on the test I created to avoid innacuracy in testing for results.

i can see then why it would be frustrating to suddenly find you had come to a wrong conclusion about something so basic as the difference between Te and Ti.

is anyone other than INTP disputing your findings?

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Te is objective reasoning(its black and white type of judging without clear reasoning, (usually the reasons for why something is right is something like it says so on wikipedia) about if something is right or wrong based on observed facts(new and old)), taking things in mostly on their practical value(i dont understand what this has anything to do with Te) and forming connections between observable evidence(this is Ni and Ne).

Ti is subjective reasoning(its objective type of reasoning, even tho the objective reasoning is done to a subjective data), and therefore makes it's own assertions on what is important to know, and values theoretical deduction over observable fact.

The connection thing was wrong, sorry, but Te is a practical organiser, because it is extraverted, focusing on the outer world, and does not value information that has no practical purpose (as per discussions I have read that explain the definition). I don't know how I'm supposed to say WHY Te does this, any more than I can say WHY Ti deduces things and makes assertions on what is important. It's just how it works. Ti, introverted, to personal conclusions and Te, extraverted, to conclusions based on the external environment. If I were to attempt to guess, I would say this is because it determines 'success' based on physical observable goals and therefore takes desires taking the most efficient methods to reach them, thus organisation and practicality.

The only issue with Ti seems to be a small discrepency in the exact definition of objectivity.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
i can see then why it would be frustrating to suddenly find you had come to a wrong conclusion about something so basic as the difference between Te and Ti.

is anyone other than INTP disputing your findings?

Well there have been small misunderstandings that have mostly been quickly corrected, but it has been a long time since I have been told my function definitions were way off for the thinking functions. I don't think there has actually been any dispute on the accuracy of m Te function questions in the test I made, some of which include organisation and efficiency, which INTP seems to disagree with.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well there have been small misunderstandings that have mostly been quickly corrected, but it has been a long time since I have been told my function definitions were way off for the thinking functions. I don't think there has actually been any dispute on the accuracy of m Te function questions in the test I made, some of which include organisation and efficiency, which INTP seems to disagree with.

interesting. perhaps it will, indeed, come down to something as simple as semantics.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sheldon is such a J it's not even funny. It's a toss up between INTJ and ISTJ the more I think about it.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
The connection thing was wrong, sorry, but Te is a practical organiser, because it is extraverted, focusing on the outer world, and does not value information that has no practical purpose (as per discussions I have read that explain the definition). I don't know how I'm supposed to say WHY Te does this, any more than I can say WHY Ti deduces things and makes assertions on what is important. It's just how it works. Ti, introverted, to personal conclusions and Te, extraverted, to conclusions based on the external environment. If I were to attempt to guess, I would say this is because it determines 'success' based on physical observable goals and therefore takes desires taking the most efficient methods to reach them, thus organisation and practicality.

The only issue with Ti seems to be a small discrepency in the exact definition of objectivity.

Te is an practical organizer because when something is in practical place its in the right place, if something isnt practical its wrong(black and white judging). this doesent mean that Te is interested merely on practical information, it just means that it organizes the external world practically. the organization can be organizing the outer world physically or mentally. make a poll asking Te users if they are interested only on practical information that they have definite use for and im sure that over half will be interested on many things that they dont have any practical use for.
Te doesent need internal judging(and view Ti deduction quite dodgy usually because its not based on what Te views as facts) of things simply because it works on extroverted environment, Ti doesent trust what Te sees as facts simply because they might be incorrect(Te kinda throws itself in the hands of other peoples deduction) and therefore it needs an internal judgment.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
The reason Je users are Js is because they judge based on clear physical benchmarks, such as making people happy or achieving a certain status or obvious development, and that is why they are more progressive and task focused than Ps. But what objective clear benchmark is Sheldon searching for? He just learns because he finds it interesting and puts subjective value on it. Sure, Te users CAN obtain information that has no purpose, and they may find it amusing or interesting. But they don't go out of their way to learn it just for it's own sake. He's driven by curiousity, which I've mentioned before.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The reason Je users are Js is because they judge based on clear physical benchmarks, such as making people happy or achieving a certain status or obvious development, and that is why they are more progressive and task focused than Ps. But what objective clear benchmark is Sheldon searching for? He just learns because he finds it interesting and puts subjective value on it. Sure, Te users CAN obtain information that has no purpose, and they may find it amusing or interesting. But they don't go out of their way to learn it just for it's own sake. He's driven by curiousity, which I've mentioned before.

He's also driven by accomplishment and competition. He loves to put down others' work and tell them how wrong they are.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
He's also driven by accomplishment and competition. He loves to put down others' work and tell them how wrong they are.

Because he believes accomplishment to be purely knowledge, accuracy and intelligence.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4

Because he believes accomplishment to be purely knowledge, accuracy and intelligence.