Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big Bang Theory

How very ridiculous.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    The reason Je users are Js is because they judge based on clear physical benchmarks, such as making people happy or achieving a certain status or obvious development, and that is why they are more progressive and task focused than Ps. But what objective clear benchmark is Sheldon searching for? He just learns because he finds it interesting and puts subjective value on it. Sure, Te users CAN obtain information that has no purpose, and they may find it amusing or interesting. But they don't go out of their way to learn it just for it's own sake. He's driven by curiousity, which I've mentioned before.
    they are J's because they use their judgment on external world and perceive the internalized judgments previously made with Pi, also they tend to make snap judgments since they are making the judgment based on external facts(TJ) or external emotional contexts(FJ). while P's perceive the external world and make judgments internally, For Ji function to work it needs to be sure that the person has all needed information to form the judgment so that his judgment isnt based on "false" image of the external world. this causes P types to make decisions(judgments) slower and to perceive information more, thats why they are called P types and J types strive for making judgments instead of perceiving, thats why they are called J types.

i suggest you to look more reasons why mbti is the way it is, because it seems that you know these things pretty much only on surface level and make false assumptions because of that. when you understand reasons behind this stuff, that when you understand mbti instead of just knowing things about it, because without proper understanding(with knowing things only) you wont be able to put these things outside the context of where you learned them, because you wont be able to take the principles(since you dont see them) on how the functions work to build an understanding about function stuff in new context.

i dont mean to offend you with this, i just noticed that this is where you are making your mistakes and maybe you want to work on it.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Consulting Detective Array Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

That is a good point, though the slow decision thing is mainly for IPs. *Sigh* I do try to understand it as well as possible, but sometimes I think I'm just not that smart. There are still quite a lot of things that don't seem to sit well with him being an ISTJ, but I do agree now that it's probably more likely than INTP (though I'd still pick that over INTJ, particularly with his Si).
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ISFJ

Hey! I'm new to this group but I don't miss this show. Litvyak nailed it...IMHO

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

That is a good point, though the slow decision thing is mainly for IPs. *Sigh* I do try to understand it as well as possible, but sometimes I think I'm just not that smart. There are still quite a lot of things that don't seem to sit well with him being an ISTJ, but I do agree now that it's probably more likely than INTP (though I'd still pick that over INTJ, particularly with his Si).
    EP types get need less Ji time since what information that Pe gives comes more ready. Like with ENTP and INTP, ENTP gets answers more ready from Ne, while INTP needs to figure out more what his perception(Ne) means, kinda like ENTPs Ne has more dots connected and INTP needs to rationalize it more with Ti to see the connections. Thats why the slow decisions making is more common with IP types than EP types.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    GOAT
    Enneagram
    DUNO
    Socionics
    FOFF

If he's a J, he's STJ. The Si is obvious at least.
    I think you're initially right in typing him an INTP that has strong Si.

His sense of identity (dominant function) is his ability to make perfect subjective logical discernments for all his actions and quickly detect when someones else's actions are 'off' in not matching his own logical model - hmmm what function does that?

Si as a dominant function and sense of identity would be completely different - more focused on what has been done in the past by others and proven effective over a long period of time etc. a bit like Forrest Gump who is more of an ISTJ character.

I thought it was a very good portrayal of an INTP (it helps that Parsons, who plays him, is also an INTP).

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
    Forrest Gump who is more of an ISTJ character.
    please, dont try to type anyone if you think forrest gump is an istj
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    GOAT
    Enneagram
    DUNO
    Socionics
    FOFF

Go on...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by XYZ View Post
    Go on...
    thats just so ridiculous that theres nothing more to say about it.
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    GOAT
    Enneagram
    DUNO
    Socionics
    FOFF

What would your read of Forrest Gump's character be then?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast