User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 124

  1. #71
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Te is objective reasoning(its black and white type of judging without clear reasoning, (usually the reasons for why something is right is something like it says so on wikipedia) about if something is right or wrong based on observed facts(new and old)), taking things in mostly on their practical value(i dont understand what this has anything to do with Te) and forming connections between observable evidence(this is Ni and Ne).

    Ti is subjective reasoning(its objective type of reasoning, even tho the objective reasoning is done to a subjective data), and therefore makes it's own assertions on what is important to know, and values theoretical deduction over observable fact.
    The connection thing was wrong, sorry, but Te is a practical organiser, because it is extraverted, focusing on the outer world, and does not value information that has no practical purpose (as per discussions I have read that explain the definition). I don't know how I'm supposed to say WHY Te does this, any more than I can say WHY Ti deduces things and makes assertions on what is important. It's just how it works. Ti, introverted, to personal conclusions and Te, extraverted, to conclusions based on the external environment. If I were to attempt to guess, I would say this is because it determines 'success' based on physical observable goals and therefore takes desires taking the most efficient methods to reach them, thus organisation and practicality.

    The only issue with Ti seems to be a small discrepency in the exact definition of objectivity.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  2. #72
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i can see then why it would be frustrating to suddenly find you had come to a wrong conclusion about something so basic as the difference between Te and Ti.

    is anyone other than INTP disputing your findings?
    Well there have been small misunderstandings that have mostly been quickly corrected, but it has been a long time since I have been told my function definitions were way off for the thinking functions. I don't think there has actually been any dispute on the accuracy of m Te function questions in the test I made, some of which include organisation and efficiency, which INTP seems to disagree with.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  3. #73
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Well there have been small misunderstandings that have mostly been quickly corrected, but it has been a long time since I have been told my function definitions were way off for the thinking functions. I don't think there has actually been any dispute on the accuracy of m Te function questions in the test I made, some of which include organisation and efficiency, which INTP seems to disagree with.
    interesting. perhaps it will, indeed, come down to something as simple as semantics.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  4. #74
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Sheldon is such a J it's not even funny. It's a toss up between INTJ and ISTJ the more I think about it.

  5. #75
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    If he's a J, he's STJ. The Si is obvious at least.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  6. #76
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    The connection thing was wrong, sorry, but Te is a practical organiser, because it is extraverted, focusing on the outer world, and does not value information that has no practical purpose (as per discussions I have read that explain the definition). I don't know how I'm supposed to say WHY Te does this, any more than I can say WHY Ti deduces things and makes assertions on what is important. It's just how it works. Ti, introverted, to personal conclusions and Te, extraverted, to conclusions based on the external environment. If I were to attempt to guess, I would say this is because it determines 'success' based on physical observable goals and therefore takes desires taking the most efficient methods to reach them, thus organisation and practicality.

    The only issue with Ti seems to be a small discrepency in the exact definition of objectivity.
    Te is an practical organizer because when something is in practical place its in the right place, if something isnt practical its wrong(black and white judging). this doesent mean that Te is interested merely on practical information, it just means that it organizes the external world practically. the organization can be organizing the outer world physically or mentally. make a poll asking Te users if they are interested only on practical information that they have definite use for and im sure that over half will be interested on many things that they dont have any practical use for.
    Te doesent need internal judging(and view Ti deduction quite dodgy usually because its not based on what Te views as facts) of things simply because it works on extroverted environment, Ti doesent trust what Te sees as facts simply because they might be incorrect(Te kinda throws itself in the hands of other peoples deduction) and therefore it needs an internal judgment.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  7. #77
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    The reason Je users are Js is because they judge based on clear physical benchmarks, such as making people happy or achieving a certain status or obvious development, and that is why they are more progressive and task focused than Ps. But what objective clear benchmark is Sheldon searching for? He just learns because he finds it interesting and puts subjective value on it. Sure, Te users CAN obtain information that has no purpose, and they may find it amusing or interesting. But they don't go out of their way to learn it just for it's own sake. He's driven by curiousity, which I've mentioned before.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  8. #78
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    The reason Je users are Js is because they judge based on clear physical benchmarks, such as making people happy or achieving a certain status or obvious development, and that is why they are more progressive and task focused than Ps. But what objective clear benchmark is Sheldon searching for? He just learns because he finds it interesting and puts subjective value on it. Sure, Te users CAN obtain information that has no purpose, and they may find it amusing or interesting. But they don't go out of their way to learn it just for it's own sake. He's driven by curiousity, which I've mentioned before.
    He's also driven by accomplishment and competition. He loves to put down others' work and tell them how wrong they are.

  9. #79
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    He's also driven by accomplishment and competition. He loves to put down others' work and tell them how wrong they are.
    Because he believes accomplishment to be purely knowledge, accuracy and intelligence.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  10. #80
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    He's also driven by accomplishment and competition. He loves to put down others' work and tell them how wrong they are.
    Because he believes accomplishment to be purely knowledge, accuracy and intelligence.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Similar Threads

  1. The Big Bang Theory
    By Aleksei in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-19-2016, 10:16 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2015, 04:29 PM
  3. Big Bang Theory - Sheldon Cooper - N or S?
    By goodgrief in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-10-2012, 12:44 AM
  4. When folk theory meets scientific theory?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-28-2009, 02:16 PM
  5. The Big Bang Theory
    By 01011010 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-05-2008, 10:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO