User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Also, looked up OCD and OCPD. Going by the Wikipedia page, it appears he has aspects of both.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sheldon - INTJ
    Leonard - INTP
    Raj - INTP (the not talking around women and awkwardness might make leonard seem more E)
    Wolowitz - ESTP
    Penny - ESFP

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

" Te is objective reasoning, taking things in mostly on their practical value and forming connections between observable evidence. Ti is subjective reasoning, and therefore makes it's own assertions on what is important to know, and values theoretical deduction over observable fact."

you got these wrong. Ti is objective reasoning and deduction(and Pe is feeding the information that is used for objective deduction and reasoning by Ti), Te is deciding what is correct or incorrect based on observed facts(and Pi is collecting these observed facts into a model of understanding).
    no wonder you think sheldon is an intp if you dont get these two functions right.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prafMmD_mx8 - Here he makes a deduction based on logic, but does not feel any need to verify it with evidence."

lol, that havent even seen Ti, he is comparing learned facts with the present moment. 100% Te + Pi.

"I have been taught that OCD is a compulsion to engage repeatedly in unnecessary and pointless behaviour on a regular basis and they can not feel comfortable if they don't."

ocd is obsessive irrational thinking about something that causes the person to act according to it, even tho the person would know(in rational level) the thoughts and the acts that the person is doing to ease the thoughts are irrational. if they dont act to ease these thoughts, they will get haunted by the thoughts really much

i dont see any point in this argument since you got so many facts about functions wrong, making you to come to false conclusions and the way you view this whole subject is flawed

ill rest my case saying that sheldon is something between intj, istj and estj since he cant be typed with a single type, but what ever type he might be, he definitely isnt a P or F type
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

I'm too tired to argue on this anymore.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    " Te is objective reasoning, taking things in mostly on their practical value and forming connections between observable evidence. Ti is subjective reasoning, and therefore makes it's own assertions on what is important to know, and values theoretical deduction over observable fact."

you got these wrong. Ti is objective reasoning and deduction(and Pe is feeding the information that is used for objective deduction and reasoning by Ti), Te is deciding what is correct or incorrect based on observed facts(and Pi is collecting these observed facts into a model of understanding).
    no wonder you think sheldon is an intp if you dont get these two functions right.
    But still I must ask, what is the difference between these two definition sets, except that you say that Ti is objective (it isn't, as subjectivity is drawing your own conclusions, whether it be through how you feel or through deduction, rather than directly from observable evidence)? I think we need a third opinion on these function definitions.
    JiNe

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post

But still I must ask, what is the difference between these two definition sets, except that you say that Ti is objective (it isn't, as subjectivity is drawing your own conclusions, whether it be through how you feel or through deduction, rather than directly from observable evidence)? I think we need a third opinion on these function definitions.
    JiNe

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

i'd like to know the source(s) that each of you are using to arrive at your conclusions regarding the definitions.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i'd like to know the source(s) that each of you are using to arrive at your conclusions regarding the definitions.
    Extensive collection from various definitions on MBTI sites and discussions in this forum, including the one where people have been giving me advice on how to refine the definitions of the functions on the test I created to avoid innacuracy in testing for results.
    JiNe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Te is objective reasoning(its black and white type of judging without clear reasoning, (usually the reasons for why something is right is something like it says so on wikipedia) about if something is right or wrong based on observed facts(new and old)), taking things in mostly on their practical value(i dont understand what this has anything to do with Te) and forming connections between observable evidence(this is Ni and Ne).

Ti is subjective reasoning(its objective type of reasoning, even tho the objective reasoning is done to a subjective data), and therefore makes it's own assertions on what is important to know, and values theoretical deduction over observable fact.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Extensive collection from various definitions on MBTI sites and discussions in this forum, including the one where people have been giving me advice on how to refine the definitions of the functions on the test I created to avoid innacuracy in testing for results.
    i can see then why it would be frustrating to suddenly find you had come to a wrong conclusion about something so basic as the difference between Te and Ti.

is anyone other than INTP disputing your findings?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery