4w5 sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Hiya!

I love Middlemarch, probably my favorite book, if I were the type to make 'ultimate' lists. I found Caleb to be a great example of an INTP, e9 (what I am). My favorite character by far.

I will keep your values and note if mine differs:

Dorothea: INFJ - I would also offer up INFP. She has more mental flexibility, and is less judgemental than I see INFJ as. I can see her as a healer, and the parallel with St. Theresa (I think, an INFP) is interesting.

Lydgate: xNTJ - perhaps an ENTP, instead? He is easily lead into money difficulties, and seems to enjoy the company of others. While he clearly enjoys intellectual pursuits, he does not exactly pursue them with the diligence you would see from a J. He has a brilliant mind, to be sure, but his scientific excursions seem to be merely "dabbling". Also, his enjoyment in reading/thinking about these scientific matters seems very clearly Ti to me.

Bulstrode: ISTJ - yes, exactly.

Caleb: ISTP - I really think INTP. I identified very much with this character. He is, however, a rather gentle version (not, I think, an e5).

Rosamond: ESFP - in contrast, I think Rosamond is a J. She has very decided opinions about how things are, and uses the J-like filter to just "not hear" reality at times. She can be very rigid. I would suggest she is an ESFJ, like her mother.

Casaubon: INTJ - agree

Mr Brooke: ENFJ - disagree. I think ESTP. Mr. Brooke doesn't have the true idealism of an NF, here merely wishes to be popular. He is an eternal dabbler, as you see from his constant referencing of "oh I did a little of that" comments. Almost certainly a P, and not an F - or he would have more feeling towards his neglected tenants. He also has difficulty in public speaking, I find that hard to match to an ENFJ.

Fred: ISFP
    Mary: ISFJ - I think you have Fred and Mary correct.

Mr Vincy: ESTJ - yes.

Farebrother: xNFx - Farebrother, recall, does not really feel the calling to be a priest. He could be an INFJ, or INFP, but his intellectual interests to me seem to suggest, possibly, another INTP. However I find this character very balanced. Another e9, for sure.

Will: ENFP
    Rigg: INTP
    Featherstone: ESTP
    Mrs Vincy: ESFJ - yes.

I have a hard time saying on these last few, I haven't read the book extremely recently.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

Man for all seasons dynamiteninja's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

This is very interesting as an analysis ^_^
    4w5 sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

Thanks! Apparently not a real popular book, though...
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Not my favourite of hers. I know it's supposed to be a masterpiece, but, meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.