User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Results 81 to 90 of 155

Thread: Michael Jackson

  1. #81
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Considering his childhood, who wouldn't want to escape?
    His father was an abusive SOB.
    Beat the kids all the time.
    Someone should have kicked his father's ass, ages ago.
    I can't stand people who beat kids.
    Yeah and now they are saying his mother may get his children.

  2. #82
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Yeah and now they are saying his mother may get his children.
    Well isn't that what Jackson reportedly placed in his will?
    I'm not sure if his parents live together in the same house.
    Do they?

    I saw Joe Jackson give some speech about giving the kids a "loving" home.
    Those kids shouldn't even be around that nutcase.

  3. #83
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Bunch of OT stuff moved to the graveyard to die.

  4. #84
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    76

    Default

    A strong S is not into innovation, they would be into what is conventional.
    I completely disagree with this. Madonna is conventional? Elvis? Donald Trump? Hemingway? SPs are called "improvisors" for a reason.

    If MBTI bothers people so much than just stick with Keirseyan temperament (which is not based on MBTI). SP (extraverted sensing dominant or auxiliary) versus NF (intuition and feeling dominant and auxiliary).

    SPs:
    concrete language
    pragmatic/utilitarian (independence)
    seek to master technique
    value aesthetics
    want to perform with skill
    prize freedom
    trust impulses
    need to make an impact and all of their behaviors are centered around making an impact
    risk-takers
    life is play

    All of that fits Michael Jackson.

    NFs:
    abstract language
    affiliative (interdependence)
    value authenticity and ethics
    prize having a unique identity
    need meaning and significance and behaviors are centered around relationships

    While I can relate to Michael Jackson in many ways, I don't see how he was nearly as relationship-centered as an NF typically is. Our relation to humanity and human beings is our life. He would rather relate to animals and children, not soulmates and empathic companions.

    And I don't think his musical videos are really all that abstract. His videos mostly tell stories and use iconic imagery, both things highly associated with SPs more than any other temperament. "Thriller", "Beat It", "Smooth Criminal", "Blood on the Dance Floor" all tell very straight-forward stories. What makes any of his videos impressive is the dancing, the fact that a lot of what he did, he did first, and the vivid images. And I think you have to look at someone when they're at their strengths if you're looking to identify type. At his strongest, Michael Jackson was far more like an SP than an NF.

  5. #85
    your resident asshole
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,407

    Default

    I think some people mistake his perfectionism (and other mannerisms, of course) with him being an INFP. I think he was such a perfectionist because of his father beating him and forcing him to practice and get better. Perfectionism triggered by childhood trauma perhaps?

  6. #86
    Senior Member mwv6r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I've been watching old youtube videos of MJ when he was a child in the Jackson 5, and now I'm convinced he's ISFP. His face had that SP look about it -- like he was all there and attune to his surroundings (with a little shyness (I) and sweetness (F) thrown in too of course).

    ISFP. I'm sold on it now.

  7. #87
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinspring View Post
    I completely disagree with this. Madonna is conventional? Elvis? Donald Trump? Hemingway? SPs are called "improvisors" for a reason.

    If MBTI bothers people so much than just stick with Keirseyan temperament (which is not based on MBTI). SP (extraverted sensing dominant or auxiliary) versus NF (intuition and feeling dominant and auxiliary).

    SPs:
    concrete language
    pragmatic/utilitarian (independence)
    seek to master technique
    value aesthetics
    want to perform with skill
    prize freedom
    trust impulses
    need to make an impact and all of their behaviors are centered around making an impact
    risk-takers
    life is play

    All of that fits Michael Jackson.
    SPs are "disciplined with a work ethic second to none"? Hardly.
    I just quoted Quincy Jones, who knew and worked with Jackson for decades.
    Michael was an innovator, not an improvisor.
    There's a huge difference.

    Jackson went to great lengths to plan things out.
    Jackson's life was all about work, not play.
    Frankly, he was a workaholic.

    So many who knew him best said as much.

    BTW, you guys really need to get over this obsession with putting people in little boxes.
    Open your mind already.
    Jackson could easily be 50-50 S/N.

    It's not unusual.

  8. #88
    Senior Member NewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    I
    Posts
    3,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    SPs are "disciplined with a work ethic second to none"? Hardly.
    I just quoted Quincy Jones, who knew and worked with Jackson for decades.
    Michael was an innovator, not an improvisor.
    There's a huge difference.

    Jackson went to great lengths to plan things out.
    Jackson's life was all about work, not play.
    Frankly, he was a workaholic.

    So many who knew him best said as much.

    BTW, you guys really need to get over this obsession with putting people in little boxes.
    Open your mind already.
    Jackson could easily be 50-50 S/N.

    It's not unusual.
    +1 with everything you just said.

  9. #89
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    In this thread- SPs can't be innovative or creative! He must be N!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  10. #90
    Dali
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladyinspring View Post
    SPs:
    concrete language
    pragmatic/utilitarian (independence)
    seek to master technique Yap. An old choreographer said he was surprised by how Micheal would stand in front of the mirror practising A SINGLE dance move for hours and hours. He noticed street kids doing 'the moonwalk' and he did it over and over till it felt organic and he had mastered it.
    value aesthetics Yap. An obssession with him. Sadly, his perception of aesthetics meant changing his features so.
    want to perform with skill Yap. See the part about mastering technique
    prize freedom Yap. Neverland? His own little spot of peace away from the rest of the world.
    trust impulses Dangling baby from window?
    need to make an impact and all of their behaviors are centered around making an impact And he did; few persons have influenced 20th century popular culture as he has
    risk-takers
    life is play Neverland.

    All of that fits Michael Jackson.
    Yap, ISFP. (put my input in bold)

Similar Threads

  1. Michael Jackson documentary/concert "This Is It"
    By INTJMom in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-12-2009, 10:43 PM
  2. michael jackson's death ruled as homicide
    By r.a in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2009, 01:00 AM
  3. Bill O'Reilly vs. Michael Jackson Coverage
    By Tigerlily in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 04:22 PM
  4. Is Obama jealous of Michael Jackson? ROTFL!
    By Sniffles in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 02:20 AM
  5. Mass Moonwalk for Michael Jackson
    By rhinosaur in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-26-2009, 04:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO