• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Michael Jackson

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
Raising this thread from the dead. Hmm, that has double meaning doesn't it?

I've given it a bit of thought and I concluded he was an INFJ. Then I googled "Michael Jackson INFJ" I saw that infj.com lists him as an INFJ and they are right.

But lets see my arguments:

- NJs in general seem more sensing than NPs because the intuition is introverted(that's why some think he was ISFP but he wasn't)
- he followed through on all his ideas, he was obviously J and not P
- Michael was attached to a world "not of this world" and he was very spiritual. He seemed trusting and idealistic at any point where I saw in interviewed, or heard him speak. He was a classic NF.
- INFJs and ENFJs are usually well dressed and care about their appearance. The three ENFJs and one INFJ I know are spotlessly dressed, buy expensive make up, purses, female boots... etc. One of them is male and he also looks like a supermodel and gels his hair, wears nice things and seems like he tries to look his best. INFPs are not concerned about looks that much and most of them look like hippies. To illustrate the obsession with looks in NFJs look at Oprah(most agree that she's ENFJ or INFJ). She has had literally hundreds of shows about makeovers, losing weight, looking pretty, wearing nice clothes, make up and whatnot.
- his music was not psychedelic as I would expect from an INFP. It was Fe music, the one that pulls out tears. Even I as an NT had my eyes wet when watching some of his concerts. I see Jimmi Hendrix as an example of INFP music. It was as if he was playing for himself when he was on stage. Playing for the sake of playing... for enjoyment. Ps in general see meaning in the journey and Js see it in the destination, if that makes sense to you. MJ was always sending some moral messages in his music which is more Fe.

I see an INFP musician like this:

jimi-hendrix-psychedelic.jpg

and an INFJ like this:

MichaelJacksonAngel.jpg

VagrantFarce

Surely he's an ISFP, the prototypical ISFP even. It just seems so blatantly obvious.

“I wake up from dreams and go "Wow, put this down on paper." The whole thing is strange. You hear the words, everything is right there in front of your face . . .”"

“And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance.”

“Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts and only asks to be lived.”

"The meaning of life is contained in every single expression of life. It is present in the infinity of forms and phenomena that exist in all of creation."

"I'll always be Peter Pan in my heart."

"When I saw him move I was mesmerized. I`ve never seen a performer perform like James Brown and right then and there I knew that that was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life."

[youtube=SdotuwWDDFk].[/youtube]

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So everyone who has some sort of message and depth who is a feeler is INFJ. Stereotypes are being thrown around, which one will win?? :eek:

Lightyear

I don't get an INFJ vibe from Michael Jackson. His amazing ability to express himself through dance screams Se to me, in my experience INFJs are not so much in touch with their physical being, while a major Se user might express himself/truth/God/whatever through physical activities like dance, martial arts etc INFJs tend to use less tangible tools like writing to communicate with the rest of the world. That's at least my theory.

Also INFJs are not as extremely style-conscious as Michael Jackson was, we might not want to dress like hobos but I can't really see an INFJ consciously starting a fashion trend or a revolution of style, we are more likely to start a revolution of thinking. Again I can just speak for myself but even in a super-fashion-conscious place like London I will never turn into a fashion victim, as soon as I headed in this direction my Ni rang all the alarm bells and went: "But that's so superficial! There are deeper things to life than having a matching handbag!"

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is there really not a typing thread on MJ?

I just did a search and came up empty.

Typing Theory: INFP 4w3 sx/so

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I think he is so obviously INFP that no one wants to touch the subject.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought ISFP

It seems like most musicians being typed here are ISFP

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is there really not a typing thread on MJ?

I just did a search and came up empty.

Typing Theory: INFP 4w3 sx/so

I think there has been, but it might have had a title that didn't show up in your search. :shrug:

Anyway, I have seen nothing to make me think anything other than ISFP. I relate to Michael a ton, which I went into in my audio blog a while back. Several interviews he did, it was like I was listening to a high-pitched voice version of myself.