• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Michael Jackson

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[youtube=GaLu6lHHSXg]YouTube - I Wanna Be Where You Are-Michael Jackson[/youtube]

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I know exactly what MJ's type is... INTP! Inanimate Notoriously Total Pedophile
Or maybe an ESFP Exceptionally Strange Freaky Pedophile. You choose ;) .

Last edited:

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
No way T.
Brooke Shields, who apparently knew Michael said that he was very sensitive and said someting about Michael using his heart in decisions or something like that. So, according to her statement, Michael was definitely F.

I would say ISFP or INFP.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Folks when you see so much N in him consider this: He's an ISFP who was neurotically stuck in Fi-Ni loop. If he were an INFP with that much use of Ne, he would have had more perspective on things that he did. Spacy INFP are stuck in Fi-Si and their creativity crumbles. The tertiary function is also the "childlike" function. People using tertiary relief are using a childlike part of themselves. Greater use of Aux function should make a person seem more mature not childlike.

His N is more the extreme individualistic N of Ni, but got into a negative, super paranoid venue. jmo.

When INFP fake extroversion, it most often looks like ESTJ, not SP.

You know, I almost thought he had to be some kind of NF (maybe ENFx?) because I sort of related to him... but what you're saying actually makes more sense.

I must have felt the Ni in that loop rather strongly. And come to think of it, I tend to end up relating better to ISFPs than INFPs in the long run (though I relate better to the INFP at first). Basically, if I can embrace/endure their Se long enough, I get to see a bit of something similar to that awesome inner world that makes an INTJ so appealing.

I guess the way it works out is... over a long period of time, an INFPs actions are typically underscored by an Si rhythm, and an ISFPs are typically underscored by an Ni rhythm. In any one situation, you see the Ne or the Se, but over time, you see how their actions fall against that backdrop and how it affects their choices in subtle ways.

raindancer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
After watching MJ videos I'm more confused than ever. Billie Jean/Beat It/Bad - clearly say ISFP to me. He is the ultimate "artist". However, when I watch videos like Man in the Mirror and especially Earth Song and Childhood, I see INFP.

I've also thought about the song "Ben." Only INFPs could personify and befriend a rat. LOL

So I say Michael is.... I x F P. :)

heart

heart on fire
After watching MJ videos I'm more confused than ever. Billie Jean/Beat It/Bad - clearly say ISFP to me. He is the ultimate "artist". However, when I watch videos like Man in the Mirror and especially Earth Song and Childhood, I see INFP.

I've also thought about the song "Ben." Only INFPs could personify and befriend a rat. LOL

So I say Michael is.... I x F P. :)

Why can't ISFP with their Fi do all of these things? Especially if they tap into their tertiary Ni?

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Why can't ISFP with their Fi do all of these things? Especially if they tap into their tertiary Ni?
Likewise, why wouldn't an INFP be able to do songs like Bad/Beat it? I don't think we'll get anywhere if we start thinking in terms of what Michael would/wouldn't be able to do if he were this type or that type. Preference, that's the point.

I always thought of Michael as an ISFP. But can anyone honestly deny that there was an N side to him?:

"Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts and only asks to be lived."

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."

"The meaning of life is contained in every single expression of life. It is present in the infinity of forms and phenomena that exist in all of creation."

"When I see children, I see the face of God. That's why I love them so much. That's what I see."

IsFP is my guess.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Likewise, why wouldn't an INFP be able to do songs like Bad/Beat it? I don't think we'll get anywhere if we start thinking in terms of what Michael would/wouldn't be able to do if he were this type or that type. Preference, that's the point.

I always thought of Michael as an ISFP. But can anyone honestly deny that there was an N side to him?:

"Children show me in their playful smiles the divine in everyone. This simple goodness shines straight from their hearts and only asks to be lived."

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."

"The meaning of life is contained in every single expression of life. It is present in the infinity of forms and phenomena that exist in all of creation."

"When I see children, I see the face of God. That's why I love them so much. That's what I see."

IsFP is my guess.

I adore children and want to love everyone and for everyone to love each other and I'm a Sensor.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think we'll get anywhere if we start thinking in terms of what Michael would/wouldn't be able to do if he were this type or that type. Preference, that's the point.

I'm glad to see someone else gets this!

heart

heart on fire

IsFP is my guess.

Most of that is expressing a love of children and feeling that he has touched God in the process.

Love is the Fi part of the INFP, placing that love onto the children of the world and feeling a love for God through children isn't the sole providence of the type that prefers abstractions. So I am not getting why these quotes would indicate a stronger preference to INFP than ISFP.

He doesn't have to be IsFP to have flashes of N. I can tap into Si just fine when I need too.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
He doesn't have to be IsFP to have flashes of N. I can tap into Si just fine when I need too.

I think a lot of folks think that while Ns can often make good use of S, but not vice versa because N is inherently beyond the Sensors abilities. I think maybe they maintain that view because it keeps them on some sort of pedestal, and also to accept that an S can use N (and even use it well) would probably mean rearranging their whole concept of typing others.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
I adore children and want to love everyone and for everyone to love each other and I'm a Sensor.
Lots of people adore children. Read those four quotes about Michael again. Are you telling me that "Michael loves children" is the only thing you managed to pick up from what was said there?

He doesn't have to be IsFP to have flashes of N.
Beside the point. The point is that Michael displayed those so-called "flashes of N" much more than a typical S would. Look around at the xSFP's you know in your life. How many of them would you expect to see spending their forties reclusing themselves to a replica of Neverland, dreaming about being Peter Pan?

I think a lot of folks think that while Ns can often make good use of S, but not vice versa because N is inherently beyond the Sensors abilities. I think maybe they maintain that view because it keeps them on some sort of pedestal, and also to accept that an S can use N (and even use it well) would probably mean rearranging their whole concept of typing others.
I don't think that at all. My talking about Michael having N had nothing to do with his musical abilities. I think it's dangerous to type someone more based on their work and less based on their personality.

I said that I thought Michael had a good bit of N in him mainly because he seemed to be so disillusioned and detached from reality in his latter years. I also have a hard time believing that an S would spend so much time babbling about god and dreams etc. the way Michael did.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Bingo. It's been said here on more than one occasion that there are probably a lot of people on this forum who are S's that have incorrectly typed themselves as N's.

heart

heart on fire
Why does MJ wanting to re-live the childhood that was denied him make him more likely to be N? He was a person abused as a child, forced to perform and not allowed to play etc. So he wanted to re-capture that and he had the financial means to do so.

Why does that make him more likely to be N?

An N might just as easily imagine in their minds or write stories or make movies than create an actual playground.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't think that at all. My talking about Michael having N had nothing to do with his musical abilities. I think it's dangerous to type someone more based on their work and less based on their personality.

I said that I thought Michael had a good bit of N in him mainly because he seemed to be so disillusioned and detached from reality in his latter years. I also have a hard time believing that an S would spend so much time babbling about god and dreams etc. the way Michael did.

Oops, that wasn't directed at you or really related to the topic even, just something that popped into my head in response to what Heart said.

As far as Jackson goes I dunno, I wouldn't call him a typical S, nor would I call ISFP a typical S type. Anyway I've discussed his type in the past, imagine for a second what an ISFP would look like if their Se got completely burnt out from intense exposure and pressure, all they would really have left is Fi and tertiary Ni, which is a scary thought (exclusive use of those two together)! At least Se gives ISFPs a connection to the real world and a bit of objectivity, without it we would be mostly lost in a Fi/Ni lala land, which could explain Jackson.

I probably would expect an INFPs intuitive side to be a bit more healthy than Jackson's but ya never know.

heart

heart on fire
I probably would expect an INFPs intuitive side to be a bit more healthy than Jackson's but ya never know.

Why do people think all INFP want to return to childhood or live in a Disneyland amusment park type senario? :huh:

heart

heart on fire
It's really hard to type people who seem to have signifigant mental stuff going on. As an outsider looking in MJ seems at the very least to be suffering from body dysmorphic disorder. He totally changed the shape of his own face, that's a lot of money, effort and PAIN to go through. Looking from the outside, he seemed to have definate neurosis and possible precription drug addiction issues. So I don't think the latter part of his life can be used to type him, except maybe to look at what his possible shadow was.

Jaguar

Bingo.
That's exactly what needs to be done.

SuperFob

MBTI Type
INFJ
Why do people think all INFP want to return to childhood or live in a Disneyland amusment park type senario?
Not all INFP's. Just this particular ISFP with a bit of extra N in him.