Thread: Michael Jackson

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    He doesn't have to be IsFP to have flashes of N. I can tap into Si just fine when I need too.

I think a lot of folks think that while Ns can often make good use of S, but not vice versa because N is inherently beyond the Sensors abilities. I think maybe they maintain that view because it keeps them on some sort of pedestal, and also to accept that an S can use N (and even use it well) would probably mean rearranging their whole concept of typing others.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INFJ

I adore children and want to love everyone and for everyone to love each other and I'm a Sensor.
    Lots of people adore children. Read those four quotes about Michael again. Are you telling me that "Michael loves children" is the only thing you managed to pick up from what was said there?

He doesn't have to be IsFP to have flashes of N.
    Beside the point. The point is that Michael displayed those so-called "flashes of N" much more than a typical S would. Look around at the xSFP's you know in your life. How many of them would you expect to see spending their forties reclusing themselves to a replica of Neverland, dreaming about being Peter Pan?

I think a lot of folks think that while Ns can often make good use of S, but not vice versa because N is inherently beyond the Sensors abilities. I think maybe they maintain that view because it keeps them on some sort of pedestal, and also to accept that an S can use N (and even use it well) would probably mean rearranging their whole concept of typing others.
    I don't think that at all. My talking about Michael having N had nothing to do with his musical abilities. I think it's dangerous to type someone more based on their work and less based on their personality.

I said that I thought Michael had a good bit of N in him mainly because he seemed to be so disillusioned and detached from reality in his latter years. I also have a hard time believing that an S would spend so much time babbling about god and dreams etc. the way Michael did.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Bingo. It's been said here on more than one occasion that there are probably a lot of people on this forum who are S's that have incorrectly typed themselves as N's.

heart on fire

Why does MJ wanting to re-live the childhood that was denied him make him more likely to be N? He was a person abused as a child, forced to perform and not allowed to play etc. So he wanted to re-capture that and he had the financial means to do so.

Why does that make him more likely to be N?

An N might just as easily imagine in their minds or write stories or make movies than create an actual playground.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
    I don't think that at all. My talking about Michael having N had nothing to do with his musical abilities. I think it's dangerous to type someone more based on their work and less based on their personality.

I said that I thought Michael had a good bit of N in him mainly because he seemed to be so disillusioned and detached from reality in his latter years. I also have a hard time believing that an S would spend so much time babbling about god and dreams etc. the way Michael did.
    Oops, that wasn't directed at you or really related to the topic even, just something that popped into my head in response to what Heart said.

As far as Jackson goes I dunno, I wouldn't call him a typical S, nor would I call ISFP a typical S type. Anyway I've discussed his type in the past, imagine for a second what an ISFP would look like if their Se got completely burnt out from intense exposure and pressure, all they would really have left is Fi and tertiary Ni, which is a scary thought (exclusive use of those two together)! At least Se gives ISFPs a connection to the real world and a bit of objectivity, without it we would be mostly lost in a Fi/Ni lala land, which could explain Jackson.

I probably would expect an INFPs intuitive side to be a bit more healthy than Jackson's but ya never know.

Quinlan's Creations

heart on fire

I probably would expect an INFPs intuitive side to be a bit more healthy than Jackson's but ya never know.
    Why do people think all INFP want to return to childhood or live in a Disneyland amusment park type senario?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Why do people think all INFP want to return to childhood or live in a Disneyland amusment park type senario?
    Well it is an amusing thought!

Quinlan's Creations

heart on fire

It's really hard to type people who seem to have signifigant mental stuff going on. As an outsider looking in MJ seems at the very least to be suffering from body dysmorphic disorder. He totally changed the shape of his own face, that's a lot of money, effort and PAIN to go through. Looking from the outside, he seemed to have definate neurosis and possible precription drug addiction issues. So I don't think the latter part of his life can be used to type him, except maybe to look at what his possible shadow was.

Bingo.
    That's exactly what needs to be done.

MBTI
    INFJ

Not all INFP's. Just this particular ISFP with a bit of extra N in him.