• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Top 5 fictional characters, by temperament

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm inclined to agree RE: Peter Parker as INFP.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SP

What type is Dot Cotton (Eastenders)? ISFP? she's one of my favourite characters.
Sugar (Sugar Rush) ESFP

NT
Sylar (heroes) XNTX ...?-I'm really unsure

hmmm....i'll come back to this

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Sylar is INTJ

ENFPs are disappointing in fiction. Beside Will.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
SJ
Anya from BTVS (ESTJ)
Uncle Phil from The Fresh prince of Bel-Air (ESTJ)
K from Men In Black (ISTJ)
Fred from Angel (ISFJ)
Leeloo from The 5th Element (ISFJ)

SP
Buffy from BTVS (ESFP)
Faith from BTVS (ESTP)
Spike from BTVS (ISTP)
Tyler Durden from Fight Club (ESTP)
Larry Kubiac from Parker Lewis Can't Loose (ISFP)

NF
The Kid from Purple Rain (INFJ)
Mulan from Mulan (INFJ)
Qui-Gon Jinn from Star Wars (ENFJ)
Willow from BTVS (INFP)
Will Smith from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (ENFP)

NT
Bruce Wayne/Batman from Batman (INTJ)
Loïs Lane from Superman (ENTJ)
Peter Parker/Spiderman from Spiderman (INTP)
Tony Stark/Iron Man from Iron Man ENTP
Xander from BTVS (ENTP)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sylar is INTJ

ENFPs are disappointing in fiction. Beside Will.

I like Phoebe in 'Charmed' for this (I know, I know ;))
Also, agreed on Drusilla being one kick-ass evil ENFP :D
And let's not forget Lorelai Gilmore ;)

Oh and I thought Scarlett O'Hara was considered ESTP, if memory serves..

Also, Ivanova from Bab5 is one kick-ass ISTJ.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Oh nooo, someone said Gilmore , kill me now, noooow !!!!

John Sheridan ENTJ
Michael Garibaldi ENTP
:D

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Leeloo from The 5th Element (ISFJ)
Leloo is so very, very Fi it's not even funny. So Fi that she came within an inch of letting all of humanity die at the end because she was wondering if they were worth saving -- and did her job at the end only because Korben told her he loved her. If that's not personal (rather than shared) ethics I don't know what is.

Fred I think might be INTP, but ISFJ fits. Same functions in either case.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just realized, I forgot two of my all-time favorite characters in the OP. :laugh: So, I'll post an amended list.

Corrections are in eye-talics.

SJ:

Captain Hector Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean, ESTJ)
Paladin Alexander Anderson (Hellsing, ESFJ)
Darth Vader (Star Wars, ISTJ)
Soichiro Yagami (Death Note, ISTJ)
Hermione Granger (Harry Potter, ISTJ)

SP:

The Doctor (Doctor Who)

* Third Doctor (ISTP)

Captain Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean, ESTP)
Captain Jack Harkness (Doctor Who/Torchwood, ESFP)
Dr Caledon Lightman (Lie to Me, ISTP)
Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction, ESTP)

NF:

Patrick Jane (The Mentalist, INFJ)
The Doctor (Doctor Who)

* Second Doctor (ENFP)
* Fourth Doctor (ENFP)
* Fifth Doctor (INFP)
* Eighth Doctor (INFJ)
* Ninth Doctor (ENFP)
* Tenth Doctor (ENFP)

Mello (Death Note, ENFP)
Drusilla (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, ENFP)
Pip Bernadotte (Hellsing, ENFP)

NT:

The Doctor (Doctor Who)

* First Doctor (INTJ)
* Sixth Doctor (ENTJ)
* Seventh Doctor (INTJ)
* Eleventh Doctor (ENTP)

Captain Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly, ENTP)
Commander John Sheridan (Babylon 5, ENTJ)
Dr Gregory House (House, ENTP)
Colonel Hans Landa (Inglourious Basterds, ENTJ)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Doctor Who is an NT. His temperament doesn't change with different incarnations. Even the new series, which changed a lot of things, still kept the Doctor's temperament intact.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Doctor Who is an NT. His temperament doesn't change with different incarnations. Even the new series, which changed a lot of things, still kept the Doctor's temperament intact.
Not necessarily accurate, but even if it was temperament is indicative of Keirseyan type -- which is a different beast from Jungian MBTI type. The fact is that most Doctors have shown functional orders that match non-NT types (albeit they all have fairly strong Ti and Ne). That is to say, while most Doctors are indeed Rational (though not all -- Five and Eight in particular were rather blatantly Idyllic, and I'd say Eleven is actually this weird as fuck Artisan), most Doctors are also not NT types.

His name is also not "Who," he's not a Dr Seuss character. It's just the Doctor.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Leloo is so very, very Fi it's not even funny. So Fi that she came within an inch of letting all of humanity die at the end because she was wondering if they were worth saving -- and did her job at the end only because Korben told her he loved her. If that's not personal (rather than shared) ethics I don't know what is.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/24636-fifth-element.html

ISFP was my first guess but I think Requiem get the point. She's not P at all. She's hard-working and studious and never waste her time. She's more Fe oriented than Fi, collected, decisive, and emotionally driven by a collective mission without being conflicted about this. Love membership and rituals (Leeloo Dallas, multipass). She's Si dom, as soon as she's with Vito Cornelius, she eat, cook, enjoy try on clothes, and above all study, study, study, in a step-by-step approach and have an extroardinary capacity of memorisation. She's not a girl who keep options opened and wonder about what to do according to personal values, she's organised and keep running on the track. At the end, she lose motivation with her mission because she learn something she expected not about humanity. She foght for harmony (Fe) but then doubt it is really worth. Then she acomplish her mission because Korben give her love and so give her faith. But we can interpret it otherwise: each elements/stones, are activated by something (fire, wind, water, etc) and Leeloo is the Fith Element activated by love. It's more about to accomplish a ritual (Si) because of a universal value of love (Fe). Universal because it's the love of women, not only of Leeloo, an so, not personal ethic.
Fred I think might be INTP, but ISFJ fits. Same functions in either case.

I initially thought that Fred is a sort of ISFJ/INTP hybrid. But I finally gone to ISFJ because an ISFJ can be as smart as an INTP, but an INTP can more hardly be as girly and warm as an ISFJ. Plus, she clearly not use logic to take dicision. I think she's well balanced by Ti and Ne because she lived an happy youth raised by loving parents, and so, her Si and Fe were satisfied. Under stress, I think she rely more on Si and Fe.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/popular-culture-type/24636-fifth-element.html

ISFP was my first guess but I think Requiem get the point. She's not P at all. She's hard-working and studious and never waste her time.
This is because she has a strong tertiary Si. Ps with strong tertiaries can act very J-ish.

She's more Fe oriented than Fi, collected, decisive, and emotionally driven by a collective mission without being conflicted about this.
Once again, "why should I save humanity if all you do is kill each other" uis very fucking not Fe.

Love membership and rituals (Leeloo Dallas, multipass). She's Si dom, as soon as she's with Vito Cornelius, she eat, cook, enjoy try on clothes, and above all study, study, study, in a step-by-step approach and have an extroardinary capacity of memorisation. She's not a girl who keep options opened and wonder about what to do according to personal values, she's organised and keep running on the track.
Yes. As mentioned previously, she is very Si. She could be ISTJ, but frankly her Fi seems stronger than her Si.

At the end, she lose motivation with her mission because she learn something she expected not about humanity. She foght for harmony (Fe) but then doubt it is really worth.
No, she fought because it was her duty (Si), and then had doubts because she saw something that didn't jive with her values (ie. killing each other = wrong; Fi).

Then she acomplish her mission because Korben give her love and so give her faith.
More Fi.

But we can interpret it otherwise: each elements/stones, are activated by something (fire, wind, water, etc) and Leeloo is the Fith Element activated by love. It's more about to accomplish a ritual (Si) because of a universal value of love (Fe). Universal because it's the love of women, not only of Leeloo, an so, not personal ethic.
Occam would have a heart attack. So many ass-pulled assumptions here...

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is because she has a strong tertiary Si. Ps with strong tertiaries can act very J-ish.

Wishful thinking

Once again, "why should I save humanity if all you do is kill each other" uis very fucking not Fe.

It is very Fe, she fought for peoples because she trust them according to values of harmony, and then is dasapointed, because she realize that peoples are not harmony oriented. It's always about Fe with Leeloo. And also, MBTI is about dichotomies, Fi is FP, Fe is FJ, Fi are values oriented and prefer to keep options opened, Fe are values oriented and prefer to respect their plan, that's all. Forget all that shit about "collective values", "personal values" etc, and just look at all theses stupid FP who manifest for "peace in the world".

Yes. As mentioned previously, she is very Si. She could be ISTJ, but frankly her Fi seems stronger than her Si.

Wishful thinking again.

No, she fought because it was her duty (Si)

Si-dom, so.

and then had doubts because she saw something that didn't jive with her values (ie. killing each other = wrong; Fi).

This F, not Fi. Fi is to take decisions according to feelings, but to prefer collect information befor to judge things. While Leeloo collect informations following an etablished learning program (Si) and hav'nt any problem to act before her learning is finished, so she saw something unexpected.

No. F

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have to back up the Leeloo thing as ISFP. She has that athletic ability (remember the fighting scene) and the grace of an Se-user, and the innocence and weirdness typically associated with Fi. She's there to do a job, yes, but that's also coz of the values she carries within. Fi-users can champion a cause just fine. Also, her need to know why it all has meaning at the end, her vulnerability and frailty at that point, her need for love and for it to be expressed, her need to know who she is and what the purpose of her life is, beyond her 'job' is very very Fi, imho.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have to back up the Leeloo thing as ISFP. She has that athletic ability (remember the fighting scene) and the grace of an Se-user, and the innocence and weirdness typically associated with Fi. She's there to do a job, yes, but that's also coz of the values she carries within. Fi-users can champion a cause just fine.

Many ISFJs are innocent, and the weirdness is more due to her condition of alien woman. Plus, athletic ability is considered as a reserved Se teritory, but it's quite abusive. Many SJs have great athletic abilities, see Jet Li (ISTJ), Chuck Norris (ISTJ) or he cheerleaders (very often SFJ). Plus, Leeloo (ISJ) is very too much focused to be ISP, see the contrast with Korben, a true ISP.

KDude

I can buttboard like no one else. I am athletic! Kind of. Also it's a reason why I thought I could be Se, but yeah, it's abused. I stopped thinking that way.. Se must be something else.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not necessarily accurate, but even if it was temperament is indicative of Keirseyan type -- which is a different beast from Jungian MBTI type.

Your topic title says "temperament" not "Jungian MBTI type."

His name is also not "Who," he's not a Dr Seuss character. It's just the Doctor.

They've never revealed what his real name is, but for the first eighteen seasons of the show, the character was credited as "Doctor Who" or "Dr. Who." In "The War Machines", WOTAN refers to him as "Doctor Who" and in "The Underwater Menace", he signs a note "Dr. W."

KDude

"First 18 seasons"? :laugh: You mean there's more?

Off topic, but my brother used to watch it.. I never got into it at the time. Which version would you all recommend?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
"First 18 seasons"? :laugh: You mean there's more?

Off topic, but my brother used to watch it.. I never got into it at the time. Which version would you all recommend?

There were 26 seasons of the original show. A TV Movie in 1996, then the new version of the show debuted in 2005 and has had five seasons so far plus several specials. There were two theatrical movies back in the 60's based on tv serials as well, and a bunch of novels, comics, and spinoff audio stories as well.

My recommendation is the dvd collection called "Doctor Who - The Beginning." It contains the first 13 episodes from the original season in 1963-64 and it's fabulous television as long as you don't have hangups about cheap sets/effects and some flubbed lines from time to time. The budget was small and it was recorded nearly live with very little time off for anyone who worked on it, but the ideas were imaginative and everyone involved worked very hard to make it an entertaining and cool show.

If you're like most people I know who've watched those first episodes, you'll be hooked and want to see more, a lot of which is available on DVD with more releases scheduled for the future (they don't release them in story order, I guess because some stories were more popular than others, so they wanted to get more of those out first to keep the brand selling.)