• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gurren Lagann

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Kamina - ENFP
Simon - ISFP
Yoko - ESFJ
Nia - INFP
Viral - ISFJ
Kittan - ESTP
Rossiu - ISTJ
Leeron - INTP
Lordgenome - ESTJ

Some of these are just guesses, let me know what your opinions and thoughts are. Also if you haven't ever seen this anime go watch it; your life is incomplete until you do.

KDude

Sounds mostly right..

Simon ISFP, yes/mostly. Kamina ENFP makes sense.. I don't know why, but I thought ENTP before. "Throw away logic and kick reason to the curb!" Yeah, not a very Ti thing to say.

Lord Genome is kind of an ENTJ tyrant caricature. His plans span across a huge timeline. No one else understands what he was afraid of until he explained it..then his need for control seems almost like benevolence.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah when I first started watching the series I though Kamina was an ENTP as well, then I realized, "wait, Kamina never uses his ability to think".

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here's my analysis of the characters and their big 5 personality traits:

Kamina - SLUEI
Simon - RLUAN
Yoko - SCOAN
Nia - RCUAI
Viral - RCOEN
Kittan - SLUEN
Rossiu - RCOAI
Leeron - RCOEI
Lordgenome - RCOEI

Also, is it possible that Viral is ISFP rather than ISFJ? Considering his cognitive functions he seems to use Fi most of the time (consistently disobeying orders and logic in favor of his own personal values), as opposed to Si.

KDude

Hmm.. good question..he does seem pretty Fi. He kind of reminds me of Mello from Death Note or even parts of Anakin Skywalker..a lot of people type them ENFP. I don't know.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah N seems to make more sense, not sure if he really is extraverted though.

Also I think the anti-spiral guy at the end of the series is an INTJ, he seems like the matermind type who uses logic and manipulation to control others, but he could be ISTJ, still not sure.

KDude

Yeah, I think INTJ too. Talk about determination in his vision :p And hardcore in how he had a way to fight them off on almost every angle.

ISTJ can be stubborn, but less future oriented like that.. more beholden to or enforcing previously set rules or codes. Kind of gentleman-like about it though.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Kamina - ENFP
Simon - ISFP
Yoko - ESFJ
Nia - INFP
Viral - ISFJ
Kittan - ESTP
Rossiu - ISTJ
Leeron - INTP
Lordgenome - ESTJ

Some of these are just guesses, let me know what your opinions and thoughts are. Also if you haven't ever seen this anime go watch it; your life is incomplete until you do.
Yoko I would prefer to say ESFP. She is strikingly more Fi than Fe.

I too have thought Kamina was ENTP. Yet ENFP does, in it's way, make sense. I'll stand by and ponder more about it.

Lordegenome is more ENTJ. His plans were more inclined to Ni in which things were more twisted than reality showed. Such facades are more so created with a Ni base.

Viral doesn't seem ISFJ at all really. More ISTP. His strategies fall short of any Fe or Si. He has Ti based logic with his second function coming in as Se for his execution of action.

The others, I go by the same typings.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm re-watching the series (about two episodes in so far for today), and I'm re-thinking Kamina's type; I don't much in the way of Ne at all, he's too focused on the immedaite context of the outerworld and doesn't really think that far ahead, so I'm going to say ESFP for him.

1000th post!

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kamina - ENFP
Simon - ISFP
Yoko - ESFJ
Nia - INFP
Viral - ISFJ
Kittan - ESTP
Rossiu - ISTJ
Leeron - INTP
Lordgenome - ESTJ

Kamina: ESFP (impulsive, risk taking, fearless, in the moment)
Lord Genome: ENTJ
Yoko: ESTJ way too pragmatic to be ESFJ

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Elfboy
Kamina: ESFP (impulsive, risk taking, fearless, in the moment)

Read post #9 :) (I changed my mind; I think he's S, not N)

Lord Genome: ENTJ
Yoko: ESTJ way too pragmatic to be ESFJ

Agree :yes: