User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

Default ARTHUR SCHOPENHAUER

I can very much relate to what Schopenhauer wrote. Just reading every single page and shouting out loud "this hits the spot" makes me sometimes wonder why people identify him as INFJ. I find him misanthropic, deeply adoring solitude, and maybe even giving a bit of nihilistic ideas. I don't think that's a straight F trait.

So... INFJ? WHY?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I have a difficult time thinking ANY infj could write this little gem: Schopenhauer: On Women

I'd say INTJ but I never really understood his fourfold root, or his cohesive philosophy. Loose guess at best.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I'm not too well versed in Schopenhauer, but I have seen a tendency towards a certain darkness among INFJs.

I think they sometimes feel like the world is so out of touch with their Ni+Fe vision, that they sink into a nihilistic malaise.

Just my two cents.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    I have a difficult time thinking ANY infj could write this little gem: Schopenhauer: On Women
    Read a little about the relationship he had with his mother and it will make some sense.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

While Schopenhauer was talking how to communicate, he strictly spoke positively on Solitude and it's big pros. Is that considered F? I think INFJ values people, wants the best relationships possible with everyone.

Schopenhauer praised solitude also because he was lonesome; it is, in fact, one of his trademarks that he found many a great argument to applaud whatever trait he happened to possess.

I have little doubt that he was an INTP, the alternative being INTJ.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    5w4

He was lonesome because he wanted it that way, not that the surroundings left no other choice. Isolated himself a bit, for his own sake. Generally, INFJs are people persons and could look extroverted sometimes.

In books I find him too systematic to be INTP.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Niaurus View Post
    He was lonesome because he wanted it that way, not that the surroundings left no other choice. Isolated himself a bit, for his own sake. Generally, INFJs are people persons and could look extroverted sometimes.

In books I find him too systematic to be INTP.
    your generalizations for infjs are off the mark. schopenhauer, whatever he was, was an enneagram 5. either sp/sx or sx/sp. a 5w4 infj looks way differently than you describe, and a lot of the characteristics that make someone an intj or intp or actually strong expressions of 5w4 and relevant for 5w4 infjs too. all of us 5w4s identify with nietzsche, for instance, a 5w4 sx/sp intj.

5w4 sx/sp looks very very brooding when not really centered, purposeful, and pried open, feeling established and connected to the world, and deeply engaged with other creative individuals searching for truth (seeing the world and aspects of the world in truest context).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

His hope in philosophy was to help others understand the truths of the world - to help them escape from suffering. Conclusions can be drawn in any fashion, independent of type, but the goal tends to always somewhat subconsciously: his was developed in Fe style. However, plenty of people disliked his pessimism, which caused him to seclude himself from those who he saw as foolishly disagreeing.

I don't see why it doesn't work out.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer
    Likes Mattman liked this post

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I'm not too well versed in Schopenhauer, but I have seen a tendency towards a certain darkness among INFJs.

I think they sometimes feel like the world is so out of touch with their Ni+Fe vision, that they sink into a nihilistic malaise.

Just my two cents.
    necessitated by the cognitive functions themselves, or brought about by the abyss between e4 and e5 that functions at a different order of expression (to produce the most fundamentally existential conflict between self and truth)?