User Tag List

First 12

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Niaurus View Post
    I can very much relate to what Schopenhauer wrote. Just reading every single page and shouting out loud "this hits the spot" makes me sometimes wonder why people identify him as INFJ. I find him misanthropic, deeply adoring solitude, and maybe even giving a bit of nihilistic ideas. I don't think that's a straight F trait.

So... INFJ? WHY?
    I think you're going about it the wrong way. A philosopher's worldview is not always an expression of his personality or let alone a temperament. To discover his type, you need to study his biography and his informal, personal essays that he published in Parerga und Paralipomena. Studying his most popular writings won't give you enough insight about the cognitive tendencies of his temperament to discover what his type was.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I think you're going about it the wrong way. A philosopher's worldview is not always an expression of his personality or let alone a temperament. To discover his type, you need to study his biography and his informal, personal essays that he published in Parerga und Paralipomena. Studying his most popular writings won't give you enough insight about the cognitive tendencies of his temperament to discover what his type was.
    +1

An ESFP and INTJ can both agree that the sky is blue.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer
    Likes Mattman liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

He was spot-on about women. Just because he had a bad relationship with his mother doesn't make his views on women invalid.

Contemporary people are so quick to point out stuff like that when they speak the truth about women.

I think INFJ fits. He was well aware of humanity and it's general state. A lot of this understanding seems to be Fe based.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
    His hope in philosophy was to help others understand the truths of the world - to help them escape from suffering. Conclusions can be drawn in any fashion, independent of type, but the goal tends to always somewhat subconsciously: his was developed in Fe style. However, plenty of people disliked his pessimism, which caused him to seclude himself from those who he saw as foolishly disagreeing.

I don't see why it doesn't work out.
    That's Fi/Te or Te/Fi.

Personal vision put forth into the world in a systematic way. Or a systematic view of the world put forth based on personal vision.

I haven't read a lot about him but Ni can give solipsistic view of the world.

I don't see Fe/Ti at all from what I've read into him.

I can see INFP or INTJ.

Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.
    We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people.
    ^^ That is some defeated Fi right there. Beaten down by Fe talk.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance