User Tag List

Thread: The Beatles

MBTI
    ENTP

Default The Beatles

Has anyone ever tried to type the Beatles? Here's my guess, feel free to dispute it.

John- tough one, INFP perhaps? He seemed to have thinking and judging preferences at times so it's hard to tell.

Paul- Spokesman/Perfectionist, ENTJ? It's tough to tell if he is an N or an S, he can be really creative but conventional also. His songs tend to be Stories, whereas John's seem to be personal. I also wouldn't be suprised if he was a F.

George- Very Spiritual. At a guess I'd say INTP but it's tough to tell. He was dedicated to playing the guitar, but it's hard to say whether he was a P or a J. His somewhat cynical nature makes me think he was more T like.

Ringo- Another E I think. An ESTP just loved doing what he did. I always felt he was a bit intimidated by the others.

My thoughts are that John was an NP - probably INFP, but he also had an extraverted side to him.

Paul - I think that he might be an S (don't shoot me!). His songs compared to Johns are much more about the 'here and now', about things he's seen and done, concrete people and places. John's are so much more abstract and revolutionary. Also, Paul just strikes me as a practical and down-to-earth type more concerned with practical things than someone like John. While John was promoting peace with bed-ins (is that the correct term?) Paul was probably home on the farm feeding chickens or raking leaves. I'm poking fun at my own S'ness when I point this out but would an N pen "Wonderful Christmas Time?"

George - very introverted. I'm not sure.

Ringo - ESTP - just cause it's obvious.

Sorry - I'm not a lot of help but those are my not very in-depth thoughts at the moment.

Edit - I did a quick search - Socionics has Paul as an ESFP. I'd agree.

Just as a side-note - my uncle worked with the Beatles in the 60's and 70's producing two short well-known films of them Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane among them. He told me a lot about them when I was younger, I just can't remember much. Sadly he died a couple of years ago.

MBTI
    infp

George seems INFP to the max. Paul always struck me as an unusually social and outgoing ISFP.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Paul - I think that he might be an S (don't shoot me!). His songs compared to Johns are much more about the 'here and now', about things he's seen and done, concrete people and places. John's are so much more abstract and revolutionary. Also, Paul just strikes me as a practical and down-to-earth type more concerned with practical things than someone like John. While John was promoting peace with bed-ins (is that the correct term?) Paul was probably home on the farm feeding chickens or raking leaves. I'm poking fun at my own S'ness when I point this out but would an N pen "Wonderful Christmas Time?"

Edit - I did a quick search - Socionics has Paul as an ESFP. I'd agree.
    Yeah, come to think of it he does have a lot of S leanings. He seems very down to earth, and he songs definitely have more of a concrete feel to them. I'm not sure about him being a P though, to me it always seemed as if he was driving the group to get things done, especially in their later years. He seemed like a bit of perfectionist with his bass playing, which makes me think he is a bit more J.

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    Just as a side-note - my uncle worked with the Beatles in the 60's and 70's producing two short well-known films of them Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane among them. He told me a lot about them when I was younger, I just can't remember much. Sadly he died a couple of years ago.
    That's really cool. Those clips are great!

MBTI
    INTP

John - INTP ( I'll just stand here looking wicked and charming unless something I'm passionate about comes up) but I would nearly wager on this one

Paul - ESFP

George- INFJ

Ringo- ESTP

of course those 4 are also the types I get on with the easiest too:rolli:
    Last edited by ms_ambivalence; 01-17-2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: now way is he a J now that i think on it
    work smarter, not harder

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

John - ENFP (He was known for being quick witted and doing imitations of others when he was younger).

Paul - ISFP

Ringo - ESTP or ISTP

George - Don't really know
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP

[QUOTE=The_Liquid_Laser;111501]John - ENFP (He was known for being quick witted and doing imitations of others when he was younger).

he was also EXTREMELY skeptical. I see him as more interested in an idea than actual relationships
    work smarter, not harder

Wink beatles types

I tried to do this off the top of my head because once you start 'thinking' about it too much, you start 'seeing' other possibilities...
    BUT my thoughts are...
    JOHN - E/I NFP (on the cusp btw E & I - and one of my heros)
    PAUL - ENTJ (leader, perfectionist, future thinking)
    GEORGE - INFJ (introspective, easily hurt, loyal)
    RINGO - ESTP (live in the moment, life is what you make it)

Actually quite a diverse - yet obviously - complementary group.
    Any thoughts?
    sagebutterfly (ENFJ)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sagebutterfly View Post
    I tried to do this off the top of my head because once you start 'thinking' about it too much, you start 'seeing' other possibilities...
    BUT my thoughts are...
    JOHN - E/I NFP (on the cusp btw E & I - and one of my heros)
    PAUL - ENTJ (leader, perfectionist, future thinking)
    GEORGE - INFJ (introspective, easily hurt, loyal)
    RINGO - ESTP (live in the moment, life is what you make it)

Actually quite a diverse - yet obviously - complementary group.
    Any thoughts?
    sagebutterfly (ENFJ)
    Yeah, not bad I think the INFJ type for George actually makes a lot of sense because his skeptical nature could be part of his judging preference. The interesting thing about INFP's is that they can have quite a theatrical side, so I wouldn't be suprised if John was an INFP. The only one who seems pretty easy to type is Ringo, becuase he seems to wear his heart on his sleeve what you see is what you get.
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon