• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Badass SJs

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because this is a rather underappreciated temperament, and threads seem to be propping up everywhere to correct this imbalance, I decided to throw in my little token and pay homage to those brave men and women the best way I know: by rattling off a list of characters and people I find fucking AWESOME :rock: of the type. :D So here goes:

Fictional:

Gunnery Sargeant Hartman (Full Metal Jacket, ESTJ)
Santino "Sonny" Corleone (The Godfather, ESFJ)
Tom Hagen (The Godfather, ISTJ)
Darth Vader (Star Wars, ISTJ)
Darth Maul (Star Wars, ISTJ)
Shuichi Aizawa (Death Note, ESTJ)
Soichiro Yagami (Death Note, ISTJ)
Teru Mikami (Death Note, ISTJ)
Paladin Alexander Anderson (Hellsing, ESFJ)
Hermione Granger (Harry Potter, ISTJ)
Piper Halliwell (Charmed, ISFJ)
Abel Turner (Lakeview Terrace, ISTJ)
Mace Windu (Star Wars, ISTJ)
Neville Flynn (Snakes on a Plane, ESTJ)
Nick Fury (Iron Man 2, ISTJ)
Agent Roland Cox (Jumper, ISTJ)
Agent Augustus Gibbons (xXx, ISTJ)

Non-fictional:

Arthur Conan Doyle (ISFJ)
Francisco Franco (ESTJ)
Augusto Pinochet (ESTJ)
Erwin Rommel (ESTJ)
Josef Stalin (ISTJ)
George Washington (ISTJ)
Abe Lincoln (ISTJ)
Donna Cecilia (ISTJ) :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Erika Berger (from "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and its sequels): ESTJ
Cuddy (from "House"): ESxJ?
The titular hero of "Dexter": ISTJ
Zoe Washburne (from "Firefly"): ISTJ
Worf (from "Star Trek: TNG"): ISTJ

And I'd argue that Hermione is ESTJ... at least in the first couple of books. Unless she's just an ISTJ with a TON of Te that overshadows everything else.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FUUUUUUUUUUU how could I ever in a million hears forget Zoe? :doh:

I must make up for it.

-Dr Simon Tam (Firefly/Serenity, ISTJ).

Hermione I'd already mentioned. ;) Cuddy is ENTJ, Dexter is INTJ.

KDude

I believe Mikami falls under the category of batshit insane "sheep". Not badass. :blush:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Teru Mikami is a Cyberman. True story.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Dexter is INTJ.
When you think about it in terms of functions, he's totally ISTJ. Where's the Ni? He can't intuit anything worth crap. He gets by because of his Si (most prominent in the "code of Harry").

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Erika Berger (from "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" and its sequels): ESTJ
Cuddy (from "House"): ESxJ?
The titular hero of "Dexter": ISTJ
Zoe Washburne (from "Firefly"): ISTJ
Worf (from "Star Trek: TNG"): ISTJ

And I'd argue that Hermione is ESTJ... at least in the first couple of books. Unless she's just an ISTJ with a TON of Te that overshadows everything else.

Erika from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo doesn't strike me as an ESTJ at all in the films - is her character different in the books? Because I would think she's ISTP, possibly ISTJ...but not an extrovert.

OOPPS NEVER MIND. I was thinking of Lisbeth. Sorry.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Alright, I'll let it stand for now. Need to watch moar Dexter.

Cuddy is certainly no SJ, though. House would have eaten her alive or she'd have fired him years ago already.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Erika from The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo doesn't strike me as an ESTJ at all in the films - is her character different in the books? Because I would think she's ISTP, possibly ISTJ...but not an extrovert.
She's got a much bigger role in the books - especially in "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest". In that book, she's the most tough and awesome ESTJ boss that has ever existed. She just gets it done, no matter what. :wub:
Alright, I'll let it stand for now. Need to watch moar Dexter.
:yes:
There actually is a pretty good INTJ example in that show - Frank Lundy. Pretty much the only reason I typed him as that is because he reminds me of Dale Cooper from "Twin Peaks" as an old man, and Agent Cooper was totally INTJ. They're just so much more like INFJs than ISTJs. Probably the Ni dominance.
Cuddy is certainly no SJ, though. House would have eaten her alive or she'd have fired him years ago already.
Hard to say... I get the feeling that if she didn't wuv him, she'd be much harder on him.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Marshal Mary Shannon ( " In Plain Sight" USA show ) - ESTJ
Eleanor Ripley ( Alien ) - ISTJ

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hard to say... I get the feeling that if she didn't wuv him, she'd be much harder on him.
Plausible, but he'd find it infinitely easier to manipulate her in that case -- especially if she were ESFJ (as suggested elsewhere). No -- she's usually one step ahead of him and when she isn't it's because she's too preoccupied with something else. What he gets away with she lets him get away with, because it benefits the hospital.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You cited a character from Snakes on a Plane? Come on, now you're just scrounging desperately for examples of "badass" SJs. :devil:

Juuuust kidding, SJs, you know you rock my socks which I don't wear.. :cheese:

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Marshal Mary Shannon ( " In Plain Sight" USA show ) - ESTJ
I'm pretty sure she's ESTP. As a character she's described as relying on her gut -- which describes neither higher Si types (who rely on experience and training) nor higher Ni types (who rely on forethought). I must admit to not having seen her in action in far too long though, but from what I remember she did seem very Se.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You cited a character from Snakes on a Plane? Come on, now you're just scrounging desperately for examples of "badass" SJs. :devil:
Any character played by Samuel L. Jackson is automatically badass (and most of his characters -- that I've seen at least -- are xSTJ).

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm pretty sure she's ESTP. As a character she's described as relying on her gut -- which describes neither higher Si types (who rely on experience and training) nor higher Ni types (who rely on forethought). I must admit to not having seen her in action in far too long though, but from what I remember she did seem very Se.

From what Domino and I can tell, we think she's an ESTJ, and Marshal Marshal Mann is an ISTP. My mother is an ESTJ, and she acts just like her.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To drive the Cuddy point home:

Cuddy:"When I hired you, I knew you were insane. I will continue to try and stop you from doing insane things, but once they're done. Trying to convince an insane person not to do insane things is, in itself, insane, so when I hired you I also set aside $50,000 a year for legal expenses. So far you've come in under budget."
This = Ni.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what Domino and I can tell, we think she's an ESTJ, and Marshal Marshal Mann is an ISTP.
Marshal is probably INTP, but he could plausibly be an ISTP Architect. He's quite cerebral and, well... geeky.

Stan, I originally thought was ISTJ, but thinking back i have no idea why... he's ISFJ.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Gordon Ramsay- ESFJ (and he has the same freakish Si talent as my ISTJ of being able to taste something and know whether it's exactly the same as something he's tasted before or not... and his obsession with food roots and tradition....)

Sam Vimes- xSTJ... discworld books... he does badass things for The Law :2ar15:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My Dad = ESTJ :pumpyouup:

He's the most hardcore, dutiful, fair, and motivated person I've ever met. :yes: