MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Benny View Post
    Sonny Corleone ESFJ? Come on man.
    Yes, Sonny ESFJ. He was obsessively devoted to the Mafia tradition (Si), and showed marked empathy for the plights of others, as well as devotion to society's rules ("you can't kill a cop, Mikey") -- which would be Fe. Michael gets all Fi: "Who says? We're talking a dirty cop, a cop who's mixed up in drugs and rackets."

The only thing going for his usual guess (ESTP) is his hedonism -- and that alone does not an SP make.

Darth Maul? I don't think so.
    One- he was a Force-user. That means he had to have intuited his end would come if he went to Naboo. He went anyway.
    Two- in the novels, where he actually has dialogue and descriptions worth a damn, he's shown to be extremely Si-dependent. He relies on, and only on, his training. ISTPs by contrast rely on situational awareness (Se) and deduction (Ti).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    One- he was a Force-user. That means he had to have intuited his end would come if he went to Naboo. He went anyway.
    Two- in the novels, where he actually has dialogue and descriptions worth a damn, he's shown to be extremely Si-dependent. He relies on, and only on, his training. ISTPs by contrast rely on situational awareness (Se) and deduction (Ti).
    You often make the mistake to rely some characteristics of a character with the MBTI box instead of rely this with his actual situation or uncontrolled experiences. For example "he is deductive because he is of that type", no, he is deductive because he is a doctor. "He rely on his training because he is of that type", no, Darth Maul rely on his training because he've almost never knew anything else. If wer follow your reasoning, every sith are supposed to be ISTJs. Same mistake with your typing of House's character, whre, if we followed your reasoning, every doctor would be supposed to be N or T "because thay are deductive". Wrong. Darth Maul don't follow the Emperor's odrer because he's faithful to the emperor but above all because of hs passion for the Darth Side, violence and hatred. He's also extremely flexible and expert in tactic (SP) while Palpatine is expert in strategy (NT) and Vader expert in logistic (SJ). Darth Maul is classified as a Chaotic Evil character, are ISTJs likely to be Chaotic Evil? Hell, no! By the way, there's a current pattern in fictions, where STJ vilains are often Lawful Evil, NTJ vilains are often Neutral Evil and STP vilains are often Chaotic Evil. See in Star Wars: Vader, ISTJ and Lawful Evil, Palpatine, INTJ and Neutral Evil, Darth Maul, ISTP, Chaotic Evil.

Hem, I don't think it works like that. Actually, I've never seen any Force usedr able to really "see the future".

[quote]Two- in the novels, where he actually has dialogue and descriptions worth a damn, he's shown to be extremely Si-dependent. He relies on, and only on, his training. [quote]

He is dependant because he's fanatic, and know that Palpatine is stronger than him. And he rely on his training because he just know that, Palpatine wanted his power still limited.But that doe'snt mean he is an Si user.

ISTPs by contrast rely on situational awareness (Se) and deduction (Ti).
    But it is his modus operandi!
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    You often make the mistake to rely some characteristics of a character with the MBTI box instead of rely this with his actual situation or uncontrolled experiences.
    For one thing we aren't born into a type. Types, themselves, are analytical tools that describe specific behaviors. you're thus putting the cart before the horse. He is X type because he displays Y feature, he doesn't display Y feature because he is X type. For another, cognitive functions describe how we function -- thus how we might react to specific situations.

For example "he is deductive because he is of that type", no, he is deductive because he is a doctor.
    There's nothing about being a doctor that should make one deductive, and Chase (I assume this is who you're talking about) is deductive because he is Ti. I admit I did fuck that one up.

"He rely on his training because he is of that type", no, Darth Maul rely on his training because he've almost never knew anything else.
    Relying on what you know is precisely what Si does. Thank you for driving my point home.

He is dependant because he's fanatic, and know that Palpatine is stronger than him. And he rely on his training because he just know that, Palpatine wanted his power still limited.But that doe'snt mean he is an Si user.
    Ti users are very rarely, if ever, fanatics, as they are compulsively driven to logically question everything. Relying on his training because he didn't know anything else is Si to the very core of it. Ti Se users don't learn how to use Ti and Se, they just instinctively do so. They improvise, because that is what those functions lead to. By contrast it is possible for a Te + Si user to create a passable imitation of Ti by creating a standard over time and analyzing on basis of that. It's how I analyze, mostly.

But it is his modus operandi!
    How?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

My SO, because what ever our differences he has an uncanny ability to
    GET.THINGS.DONE
    XSTJ.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    For one thing we aren't born into a type. Types, themselves, are analytical tools that describe specific behaviors.
    I know. But you must'nt confound abilities due to education, with actual preferences when judge, take decisions or collect information. An ENFP enginner or ESFJ enginner, for example, is able to use strong logic because he is educated for this, but that does'nt mean he is not more comfortable with value judgment.

There's nothing about being a doctor that should make one deductive, and Chase (I assume this is who you're talking about) is deductive because he is Ti. I admit I did fuck that one up.
    Actually, I talked about Kutner. He's deductive because, as a doctor and member of the House's staff, it is what is expected from him. But it seems clearly the Kutner is more comfortable with taking decisions based on how he feel about it than on impersonal analysis.

Relying on what you know is precisely what Si does. Thank you for driving my point home.

Ti users are very rarely, if ever, fanatics, as they are compulsively driven to logically question everything.
    For me, to logically question everything is a way to represse my most dark pulsion, because I fear to become an Fe bomb like Hitler for example. But thhere's often a fanatics sleeping deep inside Ti users, and a Sith training can awake it up. By thed way, I know xNTPs who are objectivist fanatics, and ISTPs who are muslim fundamentalist. To be involved in a jihad where you can kill the ennemies of God for the sake of killing and be polygamous are attractive things for ISTPs. And to kill jedi for the sake of killing jedis is thed modus operandi of Darth Maul.

Relying on his training because he didn't know anything else is Si to the very core of it.

He did'n know anything else because he was a slave of Palpatine from his childhood, and he act like he's trained to act because he know it's the most efficient way of acting. Are you stupid?

Ti Se users don't learn how to use Ti and Se, they just instinctively do so.
    I have never said Darth Maul learned to use Ti and Se. Actually, he's more an Si learner according to what you said.

How?
    How can I answer to that dumb question? Am I suppposed to list every time he used Ti and Se? He's a lone force who destroy Black Sun and almost defeat two jedi just by analyse and improvize to situations in a step by step way. He is a tactical genius, nota a logistician like Vader.

In other hands, you hav'nt picked up all my arguments, but I'am accustomed.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7

[QUOTE=Aleksei;1276489]Yes, Sonny ESFJ. He was obsessively devoted to the Mafia tradition (Si), and showed marked empathy for the plights of others, as well as devotion to society's rules ("you can't kill a cop, Mikey") -- which would be Fe. Michael gets all Fi: "Who says? We're talking a dirty cop, a cop who's mixed up in drugs and rackets."

The only thing going for his usual guess (ESTP) is his hedonism -- and that alone does not an SP make.

He behaves like an ESTP, but he is devoted to the family and shows empathy so he's an ESFJ. "You can't kill a cop, Mikey" is your example of Sonny's devotion to the rules? I'm not convinced.

MBTI
    IxTx

Arthur (from Inception) was an ISTJ, I'd think.

He was immediately averse to the idea of inception, when Saito first suggested it. He believed it was impossible, and urged Cobb not to take the risk.

His job during preparation for the inception mission was to collect information about the subjects background.

Essentially, he was Cobbs right hand man, and the "work horse" of the group. The reliable one... at least in contrast to Cobb.

That stupid, weak willed bastard Cobb.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Voldo from the Soul Calibur series: he can take on various strong warriors from all around Europe and Asia, while being physically blind and having his back face an enemy.