User Tag List

First 456

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Luke O View Post
    To be honest, knowing that Lecter is an intelligent psychopath muddies the water when it comes to typing. I did consider INTJ as an alternative and he is most certainly a 5. The series Hannibal (I haven't read the books) shows me an artisanal Hannibal, it isn't as much as the efficient killer he is, there's the essence of craft and practicality in his work, each killing is a piece rather than part of a masterplan. And he sees the logic in consuming part of his kills, and the thrill of getting away with serving them to his friends and associates too. I see some elements of Ni, but not Te so much. I will watch the rest of Hannibal over time and see if my opinion changes though.

I did search the internet to see what the general consensus is on Hannibal and it isn't only us who disagree...
    That's fascinating. It really changes the whole character to think of Hannibal as a genius tactician who's doing the things he's doing in the moment, as opposed to an Ni-dom with a long game who'd choreographed everything from the start. Not sure which one makes him more terrifying, actually lol.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes Luke O liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    Has anyone watched the show The Killing (US remake) and attempted to type the 2 main characters?
    I'm not great at typing, but I would guess

Sarah - eSTJ, counterphobic 6 (sx/sp?)
    Holder - ESTP 8, maybe social-second.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    Has anyone watched the show The Killing (US remake) and attempted to type the 2 main characters?
    I'd also like to hear your thoughts on the True Detectives duo in season 1.
    The Killing:
    Sarah - Agree w/ decrescendo, 6w5 sp/sx
    Holder - 7w6 sp/sx

True Detective:
    Cohle - Ni-dom; sp/sx 1w9 - 6w5 - 4w5
    Marty - Fe-dom; so/sx 3w2 - 6w7 - 8w7

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    The Killing:
    Sarah - Agree w/ decrescendo, 6w5 sp/sx
    Holder - 7w6 sp/sx
    yeah, this seems right.

MBTI
    INFP

Sherlock Holmes is an INTP in just about every version I know of
    "You get killed... walk it off."- Captain America

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

I was thinking about it the other day, and I came to the conclusion that L (from Death Note) and Columbo (from Columbo) are super similar in the way they investigate, and most likely both function as the ENTPs in their respective narratives.

Columbo - ENTP

He goes into the crime scene, meets the people involved, and very, very early on just knows who did it by reading the room and making intuitive jumps. Clearly an Extroverted Intuitive. The rest of the show is him building a case for his intuitive leap. He uses lawyer like "gotcha" tricks and dissects everything his chosen suspect says and does to build his case, and if possible, get him to incriminate himself so he doesn't have to work too hard to find physical evidence.

I'm very confident that Columbo is an ENTP.

L - possibly INTP (when you look at how he acts; he looks like stereotypical INTP) but functionally I would almost say ENTP like Columbo

He works very similarly to Columbo. Many want to type him as introverted (because he is, socially, clearly a loner and looks like an INTP stereotype), but when you actually break down his functions, he could also very easily be ENTP, because he, like Columbo, starts by selecting a suspect based an intuitive leap or idea built from external observation, and then spends the rest of his time trying to prove his mental 'claim' with his high precision Introverted Thinking.

You would think, if he were INTP, he would lead with Introverted Thinking (like most INTP detectives) by building up evidence, and make intuitive leaps of faith later on once he's exercised some of his Thinking preference. That would be a safe method of investigation, which brings me to my next point; L is a calculated risk taker - an ENTP calling card. Not so much an INTP thing.

I'm pretty confident L is, at least, functionally an ENTP, but he overall seems to be an unintentional amalgamation of the two types when you factor in his looks, demeanor, social life, ect.

What do you guys think of this analysis? I know I'm going against the grain of common belief in typing L as anything other than INTP, but it's just a theory I had.

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    xNFJ None

Anyone else watched the series Hannibal? I'm gradually watching them all, but my current impressions are:

Will Graham: INFP
    Hannibal Lecter: ISTP
    Jack Crawford: ESTJ

Why Will is INFP?

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    xNFJ None

Sherlock[BBC]: INTP
    Sherlock[Movies]: ENTP
    L: INTP
    Near: INTJ
    Mello: ENFP
    Fox Mulder: INxP
    Rorschasch: ISTJ or INFP sociopath
    Batman: IxTJ
    Lunge: INTx
    Clarice: IxTJ
    Detective from V for Vendetta: ISTP
    Rust: INTP

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Markz Demerius View Post
    Why Will is INFP?
    The most relevant points for me were that he is a deeply imaginative person with the internal worlds he creates, and that he was described as having 'pure empathy'. From this I see him as a Fi-dom with auxiliary Ne. How do you see him?

MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    xNFJ None

The most relevant points for me were that he is a deeply imaginative person with the internal worlds he creates, and that he was described as having 'pure empathy'. From this I see him as a Fi-dom with auxiliary Ne. How do you see him?
    I also see it as INFP. Internalization it creates absorbing the feeling of criminals for me is Fi - although many think that is Ni-Fe. I think he's very imaginative, unrealistic, and indecisive to be an INFJ. I agree with INFP.
    I tried to show my point of view in the comments of this site, but it seems that they tend to want to show that Will is INFJ: Hannibal: Will Graham [INFJ] Ni: Will... - Funky MBTI in Fiction