User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 60

  1. #31
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Oh yeah, and of course, L is INTP.

    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  2. #32
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Oh yeah, and of course, L is INTP.

    Duh.

    Near is INTJ. Mello is ENFP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  3. #33
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Oh, and so is FBI Agent Clarice Starling.
    Lecter's an INTJ... but I'm not convinced Starling is N at all.

    It's not like she made connections among anything right away, and the ones she made were not rocket science. Lecter had to nudge her along the entire time, and then she figured out Jame Gumb was the killer because an exotic moth unique to the killer was flying around in his kitchen in Ohio? Wow, that's a tough one. A true iNtuitive would have probably had warning signals going off as soon as the guy opened the door, but she didn't.

    She's reasonably ISJ... and might even be ISFJ. Lecter's J is driven by underlying arrogance and belief in his own insights into the world and people around him; Starling's J seems like pure, bull-headed perseverence. She's not going to quit, simply because she has chosen not to quit, and she's going to plod her way forward until she figures things out; Lecter respects her because she has a kind of unnuanced but raw honesty about her (although he's kind of wow'ed when she unpredictably comes up with the Anthrax Isle ruse... he did not see that in her).

    From her childhood in West Virginia, she certainly gets the social mores and uses those effectively and instinctively, but in other ways is very unsophisticated and rough around the edges, so she's not going to be a cliche. Where she seems more T is when she can tell Kathryn she can't save her right then and she needs to wait until backup arrives; but that's more a practical issue. ISJs can be both appropriately warm and yet practical and to-the-point in working through issues, when they want to be and have suitable experience.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #34
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Yeah, I'm thinking Starling is more of a S, but not entirely sure.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  5. #35
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    On further reflection, I think Patrick Jane is actually INTJ. His ethics seem very personal (he's driven for a thirst for bloody revenge, and sees nothing wrong with vigilante justice, even amongst a ridiculously lawful good environment), and he makes no effort at all to fit in or accommodate other people. That, and his logic seems somewhat objectively derived (no such thing as psychics and the like).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  6. #36
    Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    On further reflection, I think Patrick Jane is actually INTJ. His ethics seem very personal (he's driven for a thirst for bloody revenge, and sees nothing wrong with vigilante justice, even amongst a ridiculously lawful good environment), and he makes no effort at all to fit in or accommodate other people. That, and his logic seems somewhat objectively derived (no such thing as psychics and the like).
    I haven't seen any more than 15 minutes of the mentalist, but based on that, he seemed, XNTP, probably E, and the other thing is that wouldn't deriving things objectively be accurate for any NT? Although you're probably drawing INTJ as opposed to INFJ from that more than as opposed to any NT. Still, I wouldn't say that it's impossible for an INFJ to be against the idea of otherworldly happenings. That is increasingly the norm these days as the world becomes more atheistic.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

  7. #37
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I haven't seen any more than 15 minutes of the mentalist, but based on that, he seemed, XNTP, probably E, and the other thing is that wouldn't deriving things objectively be accurate for any NT?
    He's certainly Ni-dom. He's somewhat quiet and reserved and (more importantly) never needs outside input to confirm, refine or correct his ideas. Most people think he's INFJ based on the fact his skillset is more reminiscent of Ti and Fe use than anything else -- he's a master emotional manipulator, and very deductive. However, type isn't really related to mental skills; it's related to where one derives his values and worldview from. Patrick Jane's logic seems externally-based (Te) and his ethics seem internally based (Fi). I think he was an ENTP, before his wife and kid were killed by Red John, but shifted into his shadow afterwards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  8. #38
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Lecter's an INTJ... but I'm not convinced Starling is N at all.

    It's not like she made connections among anything right away, and the ones she made were not rocket science. Lecter had to nudge her along the entire time, and then she figured out Jame Gumb was the killer because an exotic moth unique to the killer was flying around in his kitchen in Ohio? Wow, that's a tough one. A true iNtuitive would have probably had warning signals going off as soon as the guy opened the door, but she didn't.

    She's reasonably ISJ... and might even be ISFJ. Lecter's J is driven by underlying arrogance and belief in his own insights into the world and people around him; Starling's J seems like pure, bull-headed perseverence. She's not going to quit, simply because she has chosen not to quit, and she's going to plod her way forward until she figures things out; Lecter respects her because she has a kind of unnuanced but raw honesty about her (although he's kind of wow'ed when she unpredictably comes up with the Anthrax Isle ruse... he did not see that in her).

    From her childhood in West Virginia, she certainly gets the social mores and uses those effectively and instinctively, but in other ways is very unsophisticated and rough around the edges, so she's not going to be a cliche. Where she seems more T is when she can tell Kathryn she can't save her right then and she needs to wait until backup arrives; but that's more a practical issue. ISJs can be both appropriately warm and yet practical and to-the-point in working through issues, when they want to be and have suitable experience.
    She seems pretty tough, also in Hannibal, and I'm thinking ISTJ if not INTJ. All people from West Virginia (and I think most people from the South) have some of the Fe culture rubbing off on them but it doesn't make them SFJs.

  9. #39
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Cal lightman is NOT ISTP. I think he's ENTP.
    The guy in the mentalist looks pretty surreal to me.

  10. #40
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Cal Lightman certainly has a Sensing preference, and is far too linear a thinker to be Ne/Si rather than Se/Ni. At this point I agree he's not ISTP though... he doesn't seem to have a filter between his brain and his mouth.

    He's probably ESFP. I'd say ESTP was a possibility as well but he seems to not be very good at understanding human emotion (that is to say, no Fe). He's naturally good at picking up little details of human expression, but needed training to actually figure out what they mean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


Similar Threads

  1. Literary Fiction Novels and MBTI Type
    By Myshkin14 in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2015, 12:27 PM
  2. Fictional characters MBTI type
    By lazyhappy in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 271
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 11:50 AM
  3. Fictional Characters MBTI Types
    By Abbey in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 11:35 PM
  4. What MBTI type is best suited for detective/espionage work?
    By DoctorCroupy#9 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 05:40 PM
  5. Fictional characters that perfectly display an MBTI type.
    By Illmatic in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 03:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO