User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Are you a Jeremy Brett fan? I hope so! I first read Sherlock Holmes when I was seven or eight, but JB was in large part responsible for triggering my massive Sherlock Holmes obsession, which dominated a good chunk of my imaginative life in my teens, and is still present though more in the background...

What type do you think JB portrayed Holmes as? I'm really not sure. Just curious about your opinion.
    I have watched a little of Brett. I think he was pretty damn accurate from what little I did see and I think he portrayed him as INTP, like the books.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    OH are you suggesting they are all N's??
    No.

I can't wait to see your reasoning.. because your reasoning mostly just seems to say the other person's is wrong and never really elaborate why.

Please prove to me that a job that requires linear reasoning, noticing fine details, and picking up physical cues form people would be suited to an N..
    Evidence is key.
    You seem to be under the impression that a) Ns cannot possible notice details and b) A job that requires abstract thinking, complex patterns and linking concepts and ideas together would be suited to an S.

Both Ss and Ns can be detectives and both can use N and S functions at the same time. But they generally have different approaches depending on their preferences.
    JiNe

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I have watched a little of Brett. I think he was pretty damn accurate from what little I did see and I think he portrayed him as INTP, like the books.
    Yes, I think INTP is probably accurate. Though...in terms of either JB or the books...I'm really only sure about IxTx.

You MUST watch more if you have only watched a few. Certainly up until the early 90s or so those episodes were pure bliss. In some of the later episodes, the stories were either massively revised to their detriment, or JB was getting really ill and was not really up to it - both his performance and appearance suffered.

I don't know which ones you've seen but some of my fav episodes are:

The Second Stain
    The Sign of Four
    The Blue Carbuncle
    The Six Napoleons
    The Empty House
    The Devil's Foot

Etc etc etc
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Now tell me how .."I just know" is going to stand up in court.

Look at the Crap Mulder goes through because he just "knows"
    You think an N detective "Just knows"? That may be true with certain NFs, who would rather trust the feeling of a moment and go with a hunch, but most NTs and I expect many NFs as well do not make important accusations based on "I just know."

This seems to be some confusion between N and S. Yet you even mentioned "Gut instincts" as one (of 2) reason Ss would be better. What is a gut instinct if not an "I just know."?
    JiNe

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

No.

You seem to be under the impression that a) Ns cannot possible notice details and b) A job that requires abstract thinking, complex patterns and linking concepts and ideas together would be suited to an S.

Both Ss and Ns can be detectives and both can use N and S functions at the same time. But they generally have different approaches depending on their preferences.
    Yes that is how it seems.. And that makes you a good detective.
    However I have motivations that you would not understand unless you have been paying really close attention. Even The N's on here just don't seem to get what my gig is. Even when I am blatant and obvious.
    an astute sensor should have had me figured out months ago. An N is too busy looking for hidden meanings that they missing what's been so plainly right in front of them.
    I am not to hard to figure out, it's just that we don't have enough sensors on the forum. If we did.. I would have been nailed by now .

Am I crazy? probably.. so don't hurt yourself too much if you don't know what the hell I am talking about.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Sherlock Holmes: INTP
    Adrian Monk: ISTJ
    Patrick Jane: INFJ
    Cal Lightman: ISTP
    Shawn Spencer: ENTP
    Gregory House: ENFP
    Fox Mulder: INFP
    Veronica Mars: ENTJ
    Brenda Leigh Johnson: ENTJ

They are all S's

Except Mulder from the X-files.. he is an N

Detectives by their very nature are sensors.

Detail oriented and trusting gut feelings.
    Retarded point of the century.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Yes that is how it seems.. And that makes you a good detective.
    However I have motivations that you would not understand unless you have been paying really close attention. Even The N's on here just don't seem to get what my gig is. Even when I am blatant and obvious.
    an astute sensor should have had me figured out months ago. An N is too busy looking for hidden meanings that they missing what's been so plainly right in front of them.
    I am not to hard to figure out, it's just that we don't have enough sensors on the forum. If we did.. I would have been nailed by now .

Am I crazy? probably.. so don't hurt yourself too much if you don't know what the hell I am talking about.
    Well I figured out you were crazy in the first thread we were in discussion, plus had it confirmed to me with a private message, so I think we're done.
    JiNe

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Gregory House: ENFP
    I never really understood how House was an F. He's always trying to find the truth and solve the problem. He is often brutally rational and I even remember in a recent episode, Cuddy said "Not everything can be treated as a mathematical equation" to him, which I think sums him up nicely. I've always seen him as a T, if a somewhat emotional one at times.
    JiNe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Going back to the relevant portion of this discussion...

I never really understood how House was an F. He's always trying to find the truth and solve the problem. He is often brutally rational and I even remember in a recent episode, Cuddy said "Not everything can be treated as a mathematical equation" to him, which I think sums him up nicely. I've always seen him as a T, if a somewhat emotional one at times.
    House is undeniably either ENTP or ENFP. I think F because he generally speaking starts off his investigations with some arbitrarily-defined axiom or another (as opposed to a deduction or anything logically consistent), which he then flatly refuses to let go of no matter what happens. Most of the plot usually revolves around House stubbornly holding on to some personal belief or another, and everyone else trying to prove him wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Going back to the relevant portion of this discussion...

House is undeniably either ENTP or ENFP. I think F because he generally speaking starts off his investigations with some arbitrarily-defined axiom or another (as opposed to a deduction or anything logically consistent), which he then flatly refuses to let go of no matter what happens. Most of the plot usually revolves around House stubbornly holding on to some personal belief or another, and everyone else trying to prove him wrong.
    That does seem a little like F, though I think (I don't always know what he's talking about) that they usually seem more logically based. He is stubborn, yeah. Though I think that's more of a "I won't accept that I'm wrong until you prove it" which I think is more like too much Ne to Ti, so it isn't as controlled. Whenever he is proved wrong, he immediately draws another conclusion. He seems to have a sort of Ne on rapid fire thing I think.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. Everythings a little fuzzy right now. I should go to bed...
    JiNe