• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cartoon MBTI types

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Left to right:

SpongeBob-cast-l.jpg

Plankton INTJ, Mr Crabs ESTJ, Sandy ESTP, Spongebob ExFx (x meaning perfectly balanced and adaptable, the reason he's usually so happy with whatever he's doing), Squidward ISTP, Patrick ESFP, Gary INTP, the jellyfish xSTP

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is a most important and controversal question which needs an immediate response. What MB type is Popeye?
popeye.jpg
I think the show (maybe not the character himself) was SJ, though, don't you? "Eat your spinach if you want to grow up to be strong."

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
NWSXo.jpg

(right to left)
Mecca - INFP, Matt - ISFP, Serena - ENFP, Fruity - ESTP, Chaka - ESFP, Alex - INTP, Jen - INTJ, Goat - ENTP

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
scooby_doo_gang_ngc.jpg

From the left to the right: ENFP, ISFP, ESFJ, ESFJ, ISFJ.

TMNT.bmp

From the left to the right: ESFP, ENFJ, ISTP.
At the bottom: ENTP

467452264.jpg

From the left to the right: ISFP, ISTP, ESFJ

image_4048.gif

From the left to the right: ESFJ, ESTP, ISTP

cartoon-network-clone-wars1.jpg

From the left to the right (without including clones): ESTP, ISFJ, ISTJ, ENFP, INTP.
Clones: ISTPs

1032-edition-1200601073.jpg

INTJ

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would have to see more of Daria to get a full sense of S vs N, but still, that perrpetual cynicism she is known for reminds me of a lot of ISTJ's. She seems more "directive" (less people-focused) than an INTP. They may be cynical a lot, but they are generally "lighter" than her more often, under normal stress conditions.
INTP and ISTJ will look similar on the surface, because of the I and T.

As for the Scooby gang, Fred and Velma are definitely T's. They use a lot of logic in a confident way (it is not the more vulnerable tertiary or inferior position). I often wonder which exact type, and keep in mind, both of those characters have changed a bit over the years. Velma seemed originally ENTPish (hence similar to ENFP), and then later became more STJish. The current Velma, by Mindy Cohn, I'm not sure. But definitely always a T.
Fred seems STJish at times, but has softened up more recently to a less logical and confident figure (which to me messes up the character).
Shaggy seems like an INFP, and Daphne is ISFP.

I've been wondering about Scrappy. I'm thinking ESTP. In some ways might seem ENxP.

Last edited:

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would have to see more of Daria to get a full sense of S vs N, but still, that perrpetual cynicism she is known for reminds me of a lot of ISTJ's. She seems more "directive" (less people-focused) than an INTP. They may be cynical a lot, but they are generally "lighter" than her more often, under normal stress conditions.
INTP and ISTJ will look similar on the surface, because of the I and T.

ISTJ for Daria? she's very mistrustful of authority. i remember the episode where ms. li agreed to corporate sponsorship of lawndale high from a soda company... daria fought against it, etc

i can't help but see the INTP in her self-doubting qualities (the episode where she dyes jane's hair), and in her sense of humor..
i still think she's a socially damaged INTP.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Re: Popeye

I think the show (maybe not the character himself) was SJ, though, don't you? "Eat your spinach if you want to grow up to be strong."

Yes, very clever and I totally agree. Different types of propaganda seem to be capable of MB typing. Popeye was fable/morality play which started as a comic strip which defiantly framed in a SJ type frame.
However, I feel a lot of the writers/cartoonist (Fleischer Studios early years 40s and 50s) used this frame to pull a fast one on the SJ censors and got a lot of NP stuff in there under the radar.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Popeye was fable/morality play which started as a comic strip which defiantly framed in a SJ type frame.
However, I feel a lot of the writers/cartoonist (Fleischer Studios early years 40s and 50s) used this frame to pull a fast one on the SJ censors and got a lot of NP stuff in there under the radar.

agree

'spinach' was slang for marijuana, which was associated with sailors in popeye's time.. coincidence? or NP infiltration?

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
agree

'spinach' was slang for marijuana, which was associated with sailors in popeye's time.. coincidence? or NP infiltration?

+1 :happy0065:

I swear I never thought of it this way before. (just now thinging back to an episode where he sucked a can of 'spinach' through his pipe.) Brillaint!

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, very clever and I totally agree. Different types of propaganda seem to be capable of MB typing. Popeye was fable/morality play which started as a comic strip which defiantly framed in a SJ type frame.
I nominate The Clangers as the most NFP TV show in, well, in my childhood. Actually, I can't think of any British programmes for young children made in the 60s and 70s that weren't NFP or SFP-oriented, for some reason. Everything I've seen from that era is about as adorable as this, if not as brazenly political.

The Clangers - Episode 'The Intruder'

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTJ for Daria? she's very mistrustful of authority. i remember the episode where ms. li agreed to corporate sponsorship of lawndale high from a soda company... daria fought against it, etc

i can't help but see the INTP in her self-doubting qualities (the episode where she dyes jane's hair), and in her sense of humor..

I come from a heavy ISTJ environment, and if the "authority" is corrupt, they will rebel against it, and they will be all the more bitter and cynical, because of the very fact that their nature was to follow it, and it let them down/abused them, or whatever. And they have the Fi in the vulnerable tertiary position, too.
Also, in the example you use, perhaps she was more loyal to the institution of the school and saw the sponsorship as polluting it? They may be loyal to "authorities", but oftentimes, there can be conflicts of authority, and they will be against at least one of them.
And again, the Fi. From what I have seen, they can be very critical of stuff like capitalism, if they see it as counterproductive to their lives (T) and values (F).

They also seem to have self-doubting issues, which in their case, probably also comes from the vulnerable childlike Fi.

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
whoa, i thought doug was an INFP? or maybe im totally wrong. But i cant see doug as an ISFJ.
Idk, he seems to live alot in this fantasy world he creates in his mind...doesn't seem very ISFJ.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I personally think that a lot of cartoonists are ENTPs, and the characters that they design reflect themselves somewhat.

ENTP-

bugs-bunny-and-carrot.jpg

QUOTE]

Bugs is the most ENTP character that ever existed...yes..ever!

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ

Daria is INTJ! Daria is so INTJ, it's amazing she's not a supervillain.