First 1234 Last

Thread: Salvador Dali

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i'm leaning on the ENFP or ENTP side. i wonder if there are any movie biography's or just biography's on him... must search now.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

just found this quote: "Dalí had an older brother, born nine months before him, also named Salvador, who died of gastroenteritis. Later in his life, Dalí often related the story that when he was five years old, his parents took him to the grave of his older brother and told him he was his brother's reincarnation. In the metaphysical prose he frequently used, Dalí recalled, "[we] resembled each other like two drops of water, but we had different reflections." He "was probably a first version of myself, but conceived too much in the absolute."
    -John Green

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    just found this quote: "Dalí had an older brother, born nine months before him, also named Salvador, who died of gastroenteritis. Later in his life, Dalí often related the story that when he was five years old, his parents took him to the grave of his older brother and told him he was his brother's reincarnation. In the metaphysical prose he frequently used, Dalí recalled, "[we] resembled each other like two drops of water, but we had different reflections." He "was probably a first version of myself, but conceived too much in the absolute."
    great way to encourage development of personality disorder in kid.

i doubt he was NF, NTP.....

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I still think ENFP. What marm said seems indeed indicative of Te, and his art was frankly too, erm... weird, for Se.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

This? So self-absorbed artist indicates Te??

I dont think so, my INTP friend is all this, very critical and demanding and bossy and he's complete INTP. (hates my NF shit)....... and enneagram 4.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    My employer used to own a large printing company and met Dali before he died -says the man was crazy, seemed kind of controlling too - demanded that the dies be changed on a print job at the last minute to give gold or silver overlay, but apparently the outcome was beautiful. That indicates to me Se and Te, possibly. xSFP?

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    biography says he was very interested in math so N is also sure,imo.
    ???
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    ???
    in theoretical math?

yes, there is huge correlation mathematicians being N. I didnt read it somewhere, I saw it with my own eyes, 99% of high rank mathematicians are N.
    No prejudice there.

and..many other things clearly say N, so math is irrelevant

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    This? So self-absorbed artist indicates Te??

I dont think so, my INTP friend is all this, very critical and demanding and bossy and he's complete INTP. (hates my NF shit)....... and enneagram 4.
    Why NT though? Where's his Ti?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Why NT though? Where's his Ti?

he has nt vibe, passionate but detached.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    My employer used to own a large printing company and met Dali before he died -says the man was crazy, seemed kind of controlling too - demanded that the dies be changed on a print job at the last minute to give gold or silver overlay, but apparently the outcome was beautiful. That indicates to me Se and Te, possibly. xSFP?
    the subject of the artwork seems more heavily Ni. also, verbally he seems less like an ISFP. not that we're completely incapable of articulating thoughts and ideas, but just that it's really difficult for us to and requires a lot of work in that area.

i know of one ENFP specifically that heavily focuses on colors in art. i don't think the color choice for the print job makes him necessarily an Se. also, my exboyfriend was an INFP and one of the most incredible artist i know of. keep in mind that type is our natural instinct of moving through the world, but that doesn't mean we're incapable of using our senses if we're intuitive, or being intuitive even if more often we really on our senses.

another note, i read an amazing article about people with high creativity. The Creative Personality | Psychology Today it says that creative types are often pretty balanced or go through phases of introvertedness and extrovertedness, which would make it harder to type someone like Dali who has shown he's gone through phases of both. however, i'm thinking that someone so drawn in to their own dream world might be more of an introvert. i have nothing really to base this on, as i'm a bit biased being more of an introvert myself that is very in tune with my own dreams.
    -John Green