• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prince (aka the Artist Formerly Known As...)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Do you know your type? How much of his music have you listened to?

If he's isfp, what's his etype? He mentions in the Tavis interview that he thinks of music as his full-time job. Workworkwork. How did you learn to play guitar so well, Prince? Oh, I was really terrible, then decided one night that all I was going to do was practice (not directly quoting because I have breakfast to eat), which is why I'm so good now. Could easily be words from a 5's mouth, but where do you surmise where his raw energy and persistence comes from? Which triad? How about a 4? 8?

So yeah, I'm sticking with sx/sp e12 infj. Perfectionist, easily expresses his ideals (which may or may not be of the fanatic sort), and maybe above all, active in everything.

Refer to that body of work.

Could it be that you're simply associating the word "artist" with words used in whichever mbti articles you've read on isfps? Curious.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Are you asking me if I know my type? Yes, I'm Ne/Fi/Te/Si.

How much of his music have I listened to? A lot of it. Repeatedly. I've also seen him in concert.

He has no Fe. Personally I think he's a 4w3.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No, I'm asking the person who posted before you.

You're e34 now?

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I use to think he was a INFJ but now I think he could be a ISFP in a FiNi loop, he seems like he ignores external information to a unhealthy degree(saying the internet is "dead", sueing his fans, ect.).

wolfy

awsm
It's interesting how this thread turned into another infj/isfp debate. Are they that hard to separate?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's interesting how this thread turned into another infj/isfp debate. Are they that hard to separate?

I know. I don't get it either. Prince doesn't have Fe.

I've also seen people call David Lynch who is INFJ an ISFP. I'm like ...orly, what kind of crack are you smoking?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Socionics beneficiaries are notoriously difficult to differentiate from their respective benefactors.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Prince is a verybossy, stong-willed and hard worker who hardly let anything random. He's note a P, haha. And the Ni is obvious with him. Michael Jackson was more probably an ISFP, hard worker also, but he had that goofyness typcally SFP that Prince hav'nt at all.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Socionics beneficiaries are notoriously difficult to differentiate from their respective benefactors.

Yep. I would be curious to seec an ESTJ/ENTP controversy though...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my vote is for isfp e 4w3 strong ni but definitely fi

and! if you're an artist and your art is your work/life you will be very hard working...it is what you love to do. and you will be very perfectionist and controlling in regards to your art...it's a very strongly felt fi protection value thing going on.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
and! if you're an artist and your art is your work/life you will be very hard working...it is what you love to do. and you will be very perfectionist and controlling in regards to your art...it's a very strongly felt fi protection value thing going on.

Agree, but MJ seemd really much ISFP in comparaison. Prince was often cocky toward him, claiming that his art was deep, professional and spiritual while MJ did just trendy pop music. Seem like an INFJ/ISFP match to me. I don't relate on theses begging like "Prince don't have Fe". Based on?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm sorry I just don't see Fe. Where do you see Fe? I think people are overemphasizing his Ni (which is prominent, I'll admit) and downplaying the fact that he's not Fe at all.

Someone make an argument for his Fe that isn't "oh he's very J."

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Agree, but MJ seemd really much ISFP in comparaison. Prince was often cocky toward him, claiming that his art was deep, professional and spiritual while MJ did just trendy pop music. Seem like an INFJ/ISFP match to me. I don't relate on theses begging like "Prince don't have Fe". Based on?

Yes, his deep professional spiritual music about public masturbation and nude photography sessions. :wacko: ...I think it's just Fi prententiousness, I mean, not all ISFPs are going to be the same. I also think a lot of the imagery in his lyrics are very concrete (Se) though I do think he gets in these Fi/Ni loops, and that's when he starts acting truly weird.

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Prince is totally ISFP.

Musicians with strong Fi can seem Fe due to the effectiveness of their music. But it isn't Fe, it isn't directed Fe. Rather, it's Fi at the deepest, most raw level, creating a wonderful work of art via Se. ISTP is possible for a musician, but his creations are too emo for Ti.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he's not aloof and reluctant about making strong decision quickly, more warm and assertive as Fe user are. He also diplays the etherality of iNtuitors, more than MJ for example. MJ displayed a wery simple and humble attitude while Prince show the megalomany of Ni user plus the warm assertivity/cockiness of the Fe/Ti balance.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
people of the same type can be different like that tho imo...art is personal and means different things to different people even if they share the same type.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I guess it goes without saying, as it's already been discussed, but sticking strictly to mbti doesn't really keep the boat afloat.

Looking for quotes and facts, Marm. Thanks for the push! Never met a pretentious nfj?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, his deep professional spiritual music about public masturbation and nude photography sessions. :wacko: ...
I find this very deep and artistical personally.

I think it's just Fi prententiousness, I mean, not all ISFPs are going to be the same. I also think a lot of the imagery in his lyrics are very concrete (Se) though I do think he gets in these Fi/Ni loops, and that's when he starts acting truly weird.

I think Fi is, with Si the least pretentious function. Ni, Fe, Ti and Se are pretentious.