• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prince (aka the Artist Formerly Known As...)

Mipp

MBTI Type
INTP
Intensely private.

Talented, driven to create, reportedly a control freak.

Sexual, toned down since he became religious.

Likes to mentor 'protegees'.

Thoughts on his type?

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I know Prince is 4w3. But I imagine him being either isfp or infp.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
He lives about 5 minutes from my parents, and my husband and I saw him at Caribou a couple of months ago!

As for his type... definitely I. I'd say S over N. I agree about F and P. So my guess is ISFP. :)

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Yeah, he's an infj. A very delusional one.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
ISFP.
Don't see the J. At all. Or the N - in any way.

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
Always seemed like an unusual INFJ to me.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ISFP.
Don't see the J. At all. Or the N - in any way.

On the 'tube: check his interview with Smiley out. Listen to Kevin Smith's story in which Prince asks for a camel from Detroit at 2 in the morning while in LA.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
That just makes me think he's funny. Not INFJ.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How is that funny? It's just distorted primary Ni. You're an enfp, so you probably know infjs.

Watch those Smiley interviews. Listen to his music. See him in concert.

He's entirely about control.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think he would be an FP. Looking at Interaction Styles, he seems directive (ultimately very UN-people focused, except for those that meet a criteria). So some sort of Chart the Course (IST/INJ).
How about ISTP? Don't mistake the androgyny for a necessary F preference. Musical geniuses like that may well be Ti doms, with Se; which would also go with his very sensuous nature.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
ISFP. I sense strong Fi in this one.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ? Good grief. No.

ISFP.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Why good grief?

Assuming he is isfp or istp, how might an -nfj have made Purple Rain differently?

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
The album, or the movie? When we begin to ascribe types to a person, we first need to take in account their personality; an anecdote I think you haven't considered. The fact that Prince may be a virtuso doesn't indicate he is an ISxP, but what does is his person. When he describes Chem Trails, explains his tumultous relations with Warner Bros, explicates the significance of Jehovah Witness as a religion, or God, he doesn't demand. He informs, persuades, and albeit Fe may have a significant understanding of crowd control, there should be no doubt of his logical or opinionated cerebeal design.

Each of his interview, distinctly the personal ones, build on rapport, delegate his focus on the physical. Ni is definitely an element of his personality, but when we speak of the function theory, where does that lie in his cognitive reasoning?

The examples can be found throughout his career, whether in the art, thoughts, philosophy or reasoning. I don't know if you have a hard time reading people, but there is a stark contrast between the sheltered intellect of an INFJ, and a teritary function which shades the sensual and feeling in dreamy worlds, evident in songs such as Erotic City, or his strong contrast to the wholesome comparison of Michael Jackson in the 80s. His catalogue speaks for itself. Fe isn't there.

Crowd control is a testament of a great performer. Kevin Smiths account of his religious fanaticism is just that - religiousness at its finest - seperating groupings for faulty idealism. However, there isn't any point in furthering this arguement, because its obvious you, nor I, have sat down with the guy. Yet, and still, its also apparent he isn't an INFJ, and social anxiety is overpowering your sense typological criticism. Nothing you said was grounded in distinct INFness, and to be frank, is bullshit.

Let's stamp him as ISFP til further notice.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think he could be an ISFP with some overblown Ni making him think that changing his name to a symbol is a good idea.

INFP is all wrong, I would go with ENFP before INFP.

He's not Fe enough to be INFJ.