• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prince (aka the Artist Formerly Known As...)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh yeah, just like you were maybe earlier this morning, late last night, or as recent as yesterday.

Remember to chew before swallowing! :)

Yes, I believed for years I was a 4w3 but Petra made a convincing argument that I'm actually 3w4, and am emphasizing the 4 wing because of my NFP-ness.

I mean, if you want to blatantly ignore Prince's Se, that's fine, that's on you ...I can at least see Socionics INFj 1000 times more than MBTI, but you didn't clarify that, first of all...

Your sarcasm doesn't make your typing skills any more correct, Joe.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I now think Prince is a ISFP, what throws off most is his very controlling, arrogant, rigid behaviour which is not typical of the easygoing, flower child ISFP image. It's kind of the same thing with Immanuel Kant, who I think is INTP, but he is a very atypical one, he was very structured and orderly, quite different from the random, careless, lazy INTP image, but he is definitely Ti dominant. I think if a P is in a PeJe or JiPi loop they are going to display more J-ish traits, like EFPs can seem very aggressive, bossy, and downright insensitive(my sister) if their Te is strong. I think one of Prince's main motivations is to shock and awe, make an immediate visual impact on people(Se), he kind of reminds me of Lady Gaga in a way(when he was younger in the 80's), who I think is an ISFP also.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I now think Prince is a ISFP, what throws off most is his very controlling, arrogant, rigid behaviour which is not typical of the easygoing, flower child ISFP image. It's kind of the same thing with Immanuel Kant, who I think is INTP, but he is a very atypical one, he was very structured and orderly, quite different from the random, careless, lazy INTP image, but he is definitely Ti dominant. I think if a P is in a PeJe or JiPi loop they are going to display more J-ish traits, like EFPs can seem very aggressive, bossy, and downright insensitive(my sister) if their Te is strong. I think one of Prince's main motivations is to shock and awe, make an immediate visual impact on people(Se), he kind of reminds me of Lady Gaga in a way(when he was younger in the 80's), who I think is an ISFP also.

Yeah see if I HAD KNOWN Candyland Joe was arguing for INFj in Socionics I may have conceded sooner, because Marilyn Monroe is considered Socionics INFj and many people have told me that I am (and I see it)...it has a lot of more stage presence and intense emotional sexuality than MBTI INFJ. Not that MBTI INFJs aren't sexy, but I think you'll agree Marilyn Monroe (who, incidentally is considered a Jungian/MBTI SFP) and Prince both exuded something in their prime that was slightly offensively sexual and pushing the envelope for their society's time period...which doesn't match up well in youth for someone with aux Fe who rejects Se (in MBTI).

I think Jungian Fi for him for many reasons, but part of his sensuality is his emotional intensity...it's the kind of internalized emo intensity I associate with Fi, that "Darling Nikki" scene from Purple Rain has stuck with me since I was a little girl...plus everything he poured into "When Doves Cry" and "Purple Rain" also seems more Fi than Fe to me.

It's like I identify. He's got Fi in spades.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah see if I HAD KNOWN Candyland Joe was arguing for INFj in Socionics I may have conceded sooner, because Marilyn Monroe is considered Socionics INFj and many people have told me that I am (and I see it)...it has a lot of more stage presence and intense emotional sexuality than MBTI INFJ. Not that MBTI INFJs aren't sexy, but I think you'll agree Marilyn Monroe (who, incidentally is considered a Jungian/MBTI SFP) and Prince both exuded something in their prime that was slightly offensively sexual and pushing the envelope for their society's time period...which doesn't match up well in youth for someone with aux Fe who rejects Se (in MBTI).

I think Jungian Fi for him for many reasons, but part of his sensuality is his emotional intensity...it's the kind of internalized emo intensity I associate with Fi, that "Darling Nikki" scene from Purple Rain has stuck with me since I was a little girl...plus everything he poured into "When Doves Cry" and "Purple Rain" also seems more Fi than Fe to me.

It's like I identify. He's got Fi in spades.

I think he has very strong personal views on his artistic product too, like he is obessively protective of his musical catalog, sueing his own fan club, and he almost seems alittle out of touch with modern times(the internet is dead). I don't see Fe being THAT way, maybe even the opposite of that(especially sueing his fan club).