MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Vu View Post
    ISFP.
    Don't see the J. At all. Or the N - in any way.
    On the 'tube: check his interview with Smiley out. Listen to Kevin Smith's story in which Prince asks for a camel from Detroit at 2 in the morning while in LA.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

That just makes me think he's funny. Not INFJ.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

How is that funny? It's just distorted primary Ni. You're an enfp, so you probably know infjs.

Watch those Smiley interviews. Listen to his music. See him in concert.

He's entirely about control.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I don't think he would be an FP. Looking at Interaction Styles, he seems directive (ultimately very UN-people focused, except for those that meet a criteria). So some sort of Chart the Course (IST/INJ).
    How about ISTP? Don't mistake the androgyny for a necessary F preference. Musical geniuses like that may well be Ti doms, with Se; which would also go with his very sensuous nature.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

ISFP. I sense strong Fi in this one.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

INFJ? Good grief. No.

ISFP.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I agree with ISFP.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Why good grief?

Assuming he is isfp or istp, how might an -nfj have made Purple Rain differently?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

The album, or the movie? When we begin to ascribe types to a person, we first need to take in account their personality; an anecdote I think you haven't considered. The fact that Prince may be a virtuso doesn't indicate he is an ISxP, but what does is his person. When he describes Chem Trails, explains his tumultous relations with Warner Bros, explicates the significance of Jehovah Witness as a religion, or God, he doesn't demand. He informs, persuades, and albeit Fe may have a significant understanding of crowd control, there should be no doubt of his logical or opinionated cerebeal design.

Each of his interview, distinctly the personal ones, build on rapport, delegate his focus on the physical. Ni is definitely an element of his personality, but when we speak of the function theory, where does that lie in his cognitive reasoning?

The examples can be found throughout his career, whether in the art, thoughts, philosophy or reasoning. I don't know if you have a hard time reading people, but there is a stark contrast between the sheltered intellect of an INFJ, and a teritary function which shades the sensual and feeling in dreamy worlds, evident in songs such as Erotic City, or his strong contrast to the wholesome comparison of Michael Jackson in the 80s. His catalogue speaks for itself. Fe isn't there.

Crowd control is a testament of a great performer. Kevin Smiths account of his religious fanaticism is just that - religiousness at its finest - seperating groupings for faulty idealism. However, there isn't any point in furthering this arguement, because its obvious you, nor I, have sat down with the guy. Yet, and still, its also apparent he isn't an INFJ, and social anxiety is overpowering your sense typological criticism. Nothing you said was grounded in distinct INFness, and to be frank, is bullshit.

Let's stamp him as ISFP til further notice.
    Oh, its
    You

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think he could be an ISFP with some overblown Ni making him think that changing his name to a symbol is a good idea.

INFP is all wrong, I would go with ENFP before INFP.

He's not Fe enough to be INFJ.