• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is Mystery?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He has feelings and so, he's a F.
Brillant.

Introverted thinkers are often over-sensitive, and the more thay are sensitive, the more they become analitycal and think they must to understand emotional things logicaly. That is Mystery.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He has feelings and so, he's a F.
No, he has completely self-centered feelings and thus he is Fi rather than Fe, and not F-inferior. He's a Romantic INTJ -- an INTJ 4.

Introverted thinkers are often over-sensitive, and the more thay are sensitive, the more they become analitycal and think they must to understand emotional things logicaly. That is Mystery.
How is that Mystery? :huh: Have you read The Game?

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, he has completely self-centered feelings and thus he is Fi rather than Fe, and not F-inferior.

Are you saying that he's not concerned with peoples? Then you are in contradiction with some other posters on this thread.

He's a Romantic INTJ -- an INTJ 4.

He's sensitive and emotionally vulnerable but clearly not romantic. He's actually rather realistic and cynical.

How is that Mystery? :huh: Have you read The Game?

No, I don't need that to attract girls. I've just read 10 pages stand up in a bookseller, and then I got bored. But I've seen the show The PickUp Artist. In the 10 pages I've read, the bald man mention Mystery's hysterics emotional crisis and depression. But that does'nt proof anyhing for me. At the contrary, that confirm me in my opinion. His shown behaviors are behaviors of a 5 integrated in 8, and sometimes, he cracked up and disintegrate in 7, he become emotionally volatile and don't master his emotions anymore. He's a Sx/So 5, wich is a very conflicted subtype Read the description:

Sexual/social

This subtype is the most dramatic of the instinctual stackings of type Five. They are less concerned than the social/sexual subtype with social rejection, but take rejection from intimates very much to heart. They have a strong desire to express themselves, and can be the most Four-like of all the instinctual subtypes of type Five.

Not only do they have a strong desire to merge with a significant other, they also want to make their mark in the larger social sphere. The intensity, aggression, counterphobic stance and desire to connect deeply, all combine with the social instinct to produce a highly charged personality. This subtype can become quite accomplished if they are able to form an intimate connection with someone who will help ground them and provide them with a feeling of security. When Fives of this subtype feel a sense of safety due to healthy intimate relationships, they will want to share whatever knowledge, talent or insight they may have.

When unhealthy, this subtype can be very dark, pessimistic and the most confrontational of all the subtypes of Five. They can also become very arrogant.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you saying that he's not concerned with peoples? Then you are in contradiction with some other posters on this thread.
He is somewhat concerned with others, but not to the exclusion of himself 9he is very self-centered -- a SLOAN E), nor does he really have image issues or include others too often in his decisions.

He's sensitive and emotionally vulnerable but clearly not romantic. He's actually rather realistic and cynical.
I'll re-quote the excerpt that changed my mind about him being ENFP (as opposed to INTJ).

YAt first, I thought he was an extrovert, but after developing a monogamous relationship, he no longer had a desire to play The Game and spent most of his time at home watching movies and being introverted which led to the demise of his relationship and caused another emotional breakdown.
This is not something that a cynical, rational and together person would do.

No, I don't need that to attract girls. I've just read 10 pages stand up in a bookseller, and then I got bored. But I've seen the show The PickUp Artist.
One- The Game is not an instruction manual. I don't need it either. ;) Two- he's in character in The Pickup Artist.

E

Epiphany

No, I don't need that to attract girls. I've just read 10 pages stand up in a bookseller, and then I got bored. But I've seen the show The PickUp Artist. In the 10 pages I've read, the bald man mention Mystery's hysterics emotional crisis and depression. But that does'nt proof anyhing for me.

Where do you think his cynicism comes from?

You're judging his personality based solely on a tv show where he taught nerds how to get laid. Here's a passage from The Game, which as Aleksei mentioned, is not a how-to manual, but an account of the author's experience in the seduction community.

In the living room, Mystery sat cross-legged on a couch, leading his first pickup seminar since returning from the mental-health center three weeks earlier. He wore a T-shirt and denim overalls. His feet were bare. Patches of unshaven hair dappled his chin, and his eyelids drooped lazily over unfocused eyes. He'd been taking the Seroquel regularly and sleeping out his depression. He was beginning to break through to the other side.

"There are three phases to a relationship," he told his students, speaking in a torpor. "There's a beginning, a middle, and an end. And I'm going through the end right now. I'm not going to lie to you. I've cried three times in the last week."

His six students glanced at each other, confused. They were there to learn how to get laid. But for Mystery this wasn't just a seminar; it was therapy. He'd been telling them about Katya for two hours now.