• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is Mystery?

E

Epiphany

That man illustrate how Fe can work when it's submit to Ti, as with Introverted Thinker. He analysed how flirting and social dynamics work and build model to explain this logically, in the typical overanalytical/overobsessive way that Ti-dom display. He could be ISTP but he's too much geeky and involved in the building of model to be one. So, INTP. I've seen the show The PickUp Artist, and that have confirmed me in my opinion.

Elsewhere, INTP and ENTP seem pretty current types among PickUp Artist.

You can't judge him by how he acts in front of a camera. In the video I posted, he is simply conveying information to an audience. In The Game, his emotions override his rationality a lot, and he acknowledges this. He develops infatuations easily and believes that he is in love with several women. When Mystery perceives rejection, he responds with rage and despondency; and openly wept in front of his peers on multiple occasions. At first, I thought he was an extrovert, but after developing a monogamous relationship, he no longer had a desire to play The Game and spent most of his time at home watching movies and being introverted which led to the demise of his relationship and caused another emotional breakdown.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That man illustrate how Fe can work when it's submit to Ti, as with Introverted Thinker. He analysed how flirting and social dynamics work and build model to explain this logically, in the typical overanalytical/overobsessive way that Ti-dom display.
Yes, except that if you spend a week with the guy (when he's not in character) makes it quite obvious he's a depressive, egotistical and histrionic Fi type. And one cannot be an Fi and Ti type at the same time. He is an ENFP, who happens to be an Analyst as well -- an ENFP 5w4. He's basically me. ;)

KDude

I just read some random excerpts. You're right...The guy's an emotional nutcase. That might not mean he's necessarily F though. T's can be even more stupid with their emotions.

But.. it's a fair point.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just read some random excerpts. You're right...The guy's an emotional nutcase. That might not mean he's necessarily F though.
it means he's Fi. Ergo, he's either xxFP or xxTJ. Of that range of types, the most fitting is ENFP. INTP is probably second-least fitting behind ISTP, because INPs are teh spock.

KDude

Heh

lol

Yeah, I can't imagine an INTP saying the things I read about him, now that I think about it. :D Even Evil Spock is just... Spock.

Evil%20Spock%20Is%20Not%20Amused.jpg

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
YAt first, I thought he was an extrovert, but after developing a monogamous relationship, he no longer had a desire to play The Game and spent most of his time at home watching movies and being introverted which led to the demise of his relationship and caused another emotional breakdown.
Holy shit, I actually forgot about this! :horor: Revising:

INTJ, 4w3 sx/so, r|L|uEI

EDIT: Which is of course still not INTP, at all. An INTP PUA would be Style.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm curious. Why do you respect him?

He has an amazing charisma. He has developed a system in which he can outplay lesser minds on their own battlefield - social gatherings- and converted his smarts to display dominance in a "sensory" way. He seems to be a loyal and trustworthy friend, yet he can manipulate every woman he meets while silently and non-violently eliminating male competition. He showed himself that there's almost nothing he can't change about himself. He's intelligent, strong-willed, brave (he admits that he's afraid, he conquers his fears, and accepts it as a part of himself), an excellent lecturer, and a nice person overall.
They don't teach this at school.

That being said, I'm not sure if I can properly express my real thoughts about him. It's like he's both the "architect" and the "womanizer", not many intelligent men are able to keep their shit together. He does, which is admirable. Sure, he's emotionally unstable at times; which doesn't indicate that he's a feeler imo, I guess it's the effect of a tertiary feeling function.

To sum things up, he's a leader, the only one I'd be willing to voluntarily and wholeheartedly follow.

E

Epiphany

Whatever his natural personality type is, it's probably safe to conclude that it is remotely opposite of the alpha-male, insensitive, female-negging image that he has spent so much time trying to perfect.

KDude

and a nice person overall.

He's apparently threatened to kill people multiple times.. as well as manipulates them when he's in whiney mode and threatens to kill himself if he can't get his way.

I'm not sure what his deal is, but it's not exactly "nice".

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whatever his natural personality type is, it's probably safe to conclude that it is remotely opposite of the alpha-male, insensitive, female-negging image that he has spent so much time trying to perfect.

Agreed, it IS part of his personality though. He doesn't lack integrity, this can't be faked.

He's apparently threatened to kill people multiple times.. as well as manipulates them when in whiney mode and threatens to kill himself if he can't get his way.

Emotionally unstable with good intentions, do not exaggerate his outbursts.
Applying his technique to manipulate someone is ok until the result is positive for both people involved (we're talking about his preys, right?)

E

Epiphany

Agreed, it IS part of his personality though. He doesn't lack integrity, this can't be faked.

I don't understand what you mean. I definitely think someone's personality can change over time. The Game essentially teaches men how to role-play as arrogant assholes to attract women. Some guys don't have to try as hard as others.

Holy shit, I actually forgot about this! :horor: Revising:

INTJ, 4w3 sx/so, r|L|uEI

EDIT: Which is of course still not INTP, at all. An INTP PUA would be Style.

Style seems a lot more composed, objective, and rational than Mystery does, in my opinion.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Game essentially teaches men how to role-play as arrogant assholes to attract women.

I'm not talking about The Game (though I disagree with your assessment of it), I'm talking about Mystery. He started as a nerd and developed an alter ego which ultimately changed his personality. This persona became a part of him, more than a simple mask.

E

Epiphany

I'm not talking about The Game (though I disagree with your assessment of it), I'm talking about Mystery. He started as a nerd and developed an alter ego which ultimately changed his personality. This persona became a part of him, more than a simple mask.

No doubt. I'm sure his own identity, in his mind, is congruent with his alter ego; but originally you could say that he was being fake. He set out to change himself and accomplished it. Despite his flaws and his goofy attire, I would be lying if I said I didn't admire him in the least.

KDude

Emotionally unstable with good intentions, do not exaggerate his outbursts.
Applying his technique to manipulate someone is ok until the result is positive for both people involved (we're talking about his preys, right?)

I'm not talking about his technique. I'm referring to unstable, manipulative behavior in general. I can't find what I was reading atm, but this link (just an Amazon review.. I know that's not the best reference right now) touches on some observations that another PUA (Style) made about him.

That all said, it could just mean he's bi-polar or something. Not relevant, I guess.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Why not 5w6?

Is it why he wear the same coat than a Gun'n Roses guitarist?

It seems to me that INTP/INTp who allow themselves to fall into a emo state occasionally like Mystery does are 5w4s. The 4 wing creates a romantic motivation when mixed with the T dom or Ti (in particular his acceptance and incorporation of the theory that replication/survival are the primary human motivations). I would also say he tends to take more "real world" chances (within a limited theoretical framework) than what would be in character with 5w6s.

His views his clothing more as a costume to assist him to get into character as a Star/Rock Star to assist himself in maintaining congruency with a the character he fines most likely to get no strings attached sex quickly (i.e. as many rock stars on tour get). He "peacocks" for a reason. (i.e. his survival/replication which will somehow biochemically bring him happiness)

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't find what I was reading atm, but this link (just an Amazon review.. I know that's not the best reference right now) touches on some observations that another PUA (Style) made about him.

Interesting, I'll look into it. Do you have any more information on his relationship with his father?

E

Epiphany

That all said, it could just mean he's bi-polar or something. Not relevant, I guess.

That or Borderline personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment.

- A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation.

- Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self.

- Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., promiscuous sex, eating disorders, binge eating, substance abuse, reckless driving).

- Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, threats or self-injuring behavior such as cutting, interfering with the healing of scars (excoriation) or picking at oneself.

- Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days).

- Chronic feelings of emptiness

- Inappropriate anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights).

- Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation, delusions or severe dissociative symptoms

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mystery is a 5w6, not a 5w4. He's too much focused and the techical and practical side to be a 5w4, plus, he've not the melancholic/aristocratic side that 5w4 often display.

His story is the story odf the sensitive and uncool nerd who gain social skills by studying social dynamics and a logical basis and figure out the underlying principles that they rely on. Of course he's INTP, and if he's concerned with peoples (inferior Fe), he's not concerned with ethic, not Fi so. He's also an Sx/So, he illustrate very well that instinctual stacking.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why not 5w6?
He's an emofag, that's why. He's actually neither, he's a 4w3 sappy romantic who has strong analytical skills due to being Ni-Te.

His story is the story odf the sensitive and uncool nerd who gain social skills by studying social dynamics and a logical basis and figure out the underlying principles that they rely on.
That's only half of the story, the other half being that he is an overemotional, egocentric and histrionic mess. Not an Fe by any means, much less an F-inferior.