User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Agreed, it IS part of his personality though. He doesn't lack integrity, this can't be faked.
    I don't understand what you mean. I definitely think someone's personality can change over time. The Game essentially teaches men how to role-play as arrogant assholes to attract women. Some guys don't have to try as hard as others.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Holy shit, I actually forgot about this! :horor: Revising:

INTJ, 4w3 sx/so, r|L|uEI

EDIT: Which is of course still not INTP, at all. An INTP PUA would be Style.
    Style seems a lot more composed, objective, and rational than Mystery does, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    The Game essentially teaches men how to role-play as arrogant assholes to attract women.
    I'm not talking about The Game (though I disagree with your assessment of it), I'm talking about Mystery. He started as a nerd and developed an alter ego which ultimately changed his personality. This persona became a part of him, more than a simple mask.

Epiphany

I'm not talking about The Game (though I disagree with your assessment of it), I'm talking about Mystery. He started as a nerd and developed an alter ego which ultimately changed his personality. This persona became a part of him, more than a simple mask.
    No doubt. I'm sure his own identity, in his mind, is congruent with his alter ego; but originally you could say that he was being fake. He set out to change himself and accomplished it. Despite his flaws and his goofy attire, I would be lying if I said I didn't admire him in the least.

Emotionally unstable with good intentions, do not exaggerate his outbursts.
    Applying his technique to manipulate someone is ok until the result is positive for both people involved (we're talking about his preys, right?)
    I'm not talking about his technique. I'm referring to unstable, manipulative behavior in general. I can't find what I was reading atm, but this link (just an Amazon review.. I know that's not the best reference right now) touches on some observations that another PUA (Style) made about him.

That all said, it could just mean he's bi-polar or something. Not relevant, I guess.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Why not 5w6?

Is it why he wear the same coat than a Gun'n Roses guitarist?
    It seems to me that INTP/INTp who allow themselves to fall into a emo state occasionally like Mystery does are 5w4s. The 4 wing creates a romantic motivation when mixed with the T dom or Ti (in particular his acceptance and incorporation of the theory that replication/survival are the primary human motivations). I would also say he tends to take more "real world" chances (within a limited theoretical framework) than what would be in character with 5w6s.

His views his clothing more as a costume to assist him to get into character as a Star/Rock Star to assist himself in maintaining congruency with a the character he fines most likely to get no strings attached sex quickly (i.e. as many rock stars on tour get). He "peacocks" for a reason. (i.e. his survival/replication which will somehow biochemically bring him happiness)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I can't find what I was reading atm, but this link (just an Amazon review.. I know that's not the best reference right now) touches on some observations that another PUA (Style) made about him.
    Interesting, I'll look into it. Do you have any more information on his relationship with his father?

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    That all said, it could just mean he's bi-polar or something. Not relevant, I guess.
    That or Borderline personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

- Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment.

- A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation.

- Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self.

- Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., promiscuous sex, eating disorders, binge eating, substance abuse, reckless driving).

- Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, threats or self-injuring behavior such as cutting, interfering with the healing of scars (excoriation) or picking at oneself.

- Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days).

- Chronic feelings of emptiness

- Inappropriate anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights).

- Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation, delusions or severe dissociative symptoms

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Mystery is a 5w6, not a 5w4. He's too much focused and the techical and practical side to be a 5w4, plus, he've not the melancholic/aristocratic side that 5w4 often display.

His story is the story odf the sensitive and uncool nerd who gain social skills by studying social dynamics and a logical basis and figure out the underlying principles that they rely on. Of course he's INTP, and if he's concerned with peoples (inferior Fe), he's not concerned with ethic, not Fi so. He's also an Sx/So, he illustrate very well that instinctual stacking.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Why not 5w6?
    He's an emofag, that's why. He's actually neither, he's a 4w3 sappy romantic who has strong analytical skills due to being Ni-Te.

His story is the story odf the sensitive and uncool nerd who gain social skills by studying social dynamics and a logical basis and figure out the underlying principles that they rely on.
    That's only half of the story, the other half being that he is an overemotional, egocentric and histrionic mess. Not an Fe by any means, much less an F-inferior.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole