User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Ron Paul

  1. #21
    only bites when provoked
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I know an INTP can come up with a whole bunch of reasons for being a far right-winger, but I can't find a reason for an INTP to like Limbaugh.
    He might make sense if you were religious.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm honestly disappointed that any INTP would believe in Rush...
    It seems to almost run contrary to an INTP's cognitive processes.

    I guess he was going through a personal crisis.
    Rush and Libertarianism = a disjoint set.

  3. #23
    Senior Member htb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    THERE'S NO WAY A XXXX COULD BELIEVE SOMETHING THAT I, A XXXX, DON'T

    Edit: Paul's an INTP.

  4. #24
    Fight For Freedom FFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9
    Posts
    691

    Default

    My ENTP friend and I think Ron Paul's an INTP. To me he sounds like an INTP who sat around and thought about the stuff he talks about a whole lot. He also isn't very good with his hand motions and body language which would also support being INTP. I guess these things could also be true for an INTJ, though.

  5. #25
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ExTJ
    Posts
    1,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Individual choice and responsibility appeal to those who are rational and dedicated.

    XNTJs are more susceptible to idealization. However, considering the empathetical background of liberalism and the religious background of conservativism, the most logical political ideology they would be susceptible to is the individualist style of libertarianism. ENTPs are always interested in what is new, and since libertarian ideals seem fresh in comparison to the stagnant two party system we have now; they are eager to try it.
    Yes, based off the INTPcentral libertarians, this is where the libertarian bent seems to come from.

    A lot of political views seem to be based off wearing some type of personality mask (if that makes sense) rather than off of looking at the problem and thinking it through. A lot of conservatives seem to go that direction because it is associated with, and/or they want to be seen as, tough, unswayed by simple emotion, strong, etc. The liberal equivalents would involve being in style, compassionate, helpful, modern, etc. Decisions made for these reasons seem to outnumber issue decisions, or influence them heavily, in a lot of cases.

  6. #26
    Senior Member tovlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I'm honestly disappointed that any INTP would believe in Rush...
    It seems to almost run contrary to an INTP's cognitive processes.

    I guess he was going through a personal crisis.
    I don't know. The crisis lasted a long time then. The religion actually came after the Rush conversion, so religion isn't to blame either.

    Does it sound like an ISTP's cognitive process?

    He's on the borderline.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

  7. #27
    Welcome to Sunnyside Mondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Posts
    1,996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    He (Limbaugh)might make sense if you were religious.
    Haha! As an INFP liberal, I disagree with Limbaugh on a lot of things, but he is very witty and has an excellent sense of humor. That would be the only reason why I'd like him though. Not quite up to the level of Colbert though, I must say.

    Ron Paul is an INTJ most likely. Possibly an ENTJ, if he just likes being on TV a lot.

  8. #28
    Senior Member reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    1,211

    Default

    Ron Paul is an ESFJ, like me. I know because we agree, mostly. See how that works?
    A criticism that can be brought against everything ought not to be brought against anything.

Similar Threads

  1. Type Ron Paul!
    By KarenParker in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-06-2009, 11:15 AM
  2. Ron Paul Speaks
    By kendoiwan in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 04:16 PM
  3. Bob Barr or Ron Paul?
    By 6sticks in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-28-2008, 08:42 PM
  4. Ron Paul Tea Party... will you be donating?
    By file cabinet in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 12-20-2007, 03:19 PM
  5. Ron Paul Wins Another Presidential Debate
    By FranG in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO