User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Ron Paul

MBTI
    ISTJ

I guess I could see Ron Paul being an INTJ. He is idealistic. Also, I read an article that said his hobbies are riding his bicycle alone and gardening. Seems INTJish.

Anyone have any other thoughts as to an Eeneagram type?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    Individual choice and responsibility appeal to those who are rational and dedicated. INTPs, however, are bound to realism because of their Ti and understand the danger in believing full heartedly in any ideals. I don't think I've ever met an INTP who had a strong political alliance. They typically pick and choose their political beliefs based upon their own values and what they believe would work best. So it isn't uncommon for them to have a mix of liberal, libertarian, and conservative ideas and laugh at people who choose only one side...

ENTPs are always interested in what is new, and since libertarian ideals seem fresh in comparison to the stagnant two party system we have now; they are eager to try it.
    Great analysis of the INTP point of view.

I know the political affiliations of two ENTPs - one is a Libertarian. The other supports the NRA and John McCain.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by TaylorS View Post
    That describes me perfectly. I am very much a left-winger in a general sense, but details-wise my views are pretty eclectic and pragmatic, which ticks off the people in the Democratic and Green parties I like to call the ideological purists (that is, the guys who would rather nominate a Kucinich-like person and lose then vote for anyone who doesn't fit the mold of the Baby Boomer culture warriors).

You mean there's somebody else out there who thinks like me politically? The dogmatists and I go at it tooth and nail because I can see fifteen sides to every issue, alas.

MBTI
    INFJ

I don't know the political leanings of INFJ's here, but among the few that visited INFPgc there seemed to be a libertarian trend in INFJ's as well.

I was married to an INTP for many years and for most of that time he was a dedicated Republican. My sense of it was that it was both ideological and also practical. In his youth he was Democratic, but realized at the advent of adulthood how much of that perspective was adopted from childhood role models and were not really his. He seemed to believe he'd found TRUTH in the Republican party (thanks Rush Limbaugh :rolli. He later found in religion what seemed a greater TRUTH and some of that TRUTH conflicted with things Republican's stood for. He seemed to wish he could remain within the Republican perspective home he'd found, but also acknowledged that if it came down to not having a choice he could live with there, he'd vote for any candidate that best represented his views and stood a chance of winning (even if they were outside his party). Though I sense he'd still search hard to find it in the Republican party first.

Just another INTP case to consider.

I have a sense that type might predispose someone to think about things in a certain way and so be more or less likely to align with a particular party, but I also think there are many other factors that could influence political preference and make type generalizations tough.
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I don't think I've ever met an INTP who had a strong political alliance. They typically pick and choose their political beliefs based upon their own values and what they believe would work best. So it isn't uncommon for them to have a mix of liberal, libertarian, and conservative ideas and laugh at people who choose only one side.
    Well, that is moi in a nutshell. I am equally disinterested in all political parties.

ENTPs are always interested in what is new, and since libertarian ideals seem fresh in comparison to the stagnant two party system we have now; they are eager to try it.
    Ha ha -- we won't mention any ENTP names... Oberon!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

INTJs and INTPs tend to be libertarians at a dramatically higher frequency than almost any other types. The best software engineers tend to be one of these types (usually INTJ) and they have an extreme tendency to be libertarians.

Paul isn't actually a libertarian, though he does have a lot of compatible views, which is why we're stumping for him.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I'm honestly disappointed that any INTP would believe in Rush...
    It seems to almost run contrary to an INTP's cognitive processes.

I guess he was going through a personal crisis.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

There are definitely republican INTPs, even ones that do not subscribe to a religion.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I wasn't talking about being Republican, I was talking about listening to Rush Limbaugh.
    Surely you don't have to believe in his crap to be a part of that party.
    I mean, if you did, I'd lose whatever respect I still have for them.

I know an INTP can come up with a whole bunch of reasons for being a far right-winger, but I can't find a reason for an INTP to like Limbaugh.
    He makes no sense.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTP

To add a bit of data to some of the things being said...:rolli:

politicaltypes.com - Psychological Type and U. S. Political Party Affiliation (from politicaltypes.com - Articles )