• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Golden Girls

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
I love, love this show!

Dorothy- infj or intj

Sophia- estp or entp

Blanche- esfp

Rose- infp or enfp or enfj

Last edited by a moderator:

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Me too! I almost made a thread for this a while ago, but I found (despite not having their own thread) they were already typed a lot in here.

Dorothy - ENTJ
Sophia - ENTP
Blanche - ESFP
Rose - ESFJ

I don't think any of them is really introverted, although Dorothy is probably the closest?

Why do you think Rose is a definite N? My initial reaction was that she could never be intuitive, but after watching the show more I started to question myself. Anyway, she always takes everything literally and has trouble keeping up with Sophia and Dorothy.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Dorothy - xNTJ
Sophia - ENTP
Blanche - ESTP
Rose - xNFP

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
Me too! I almost made a thread for this a while ago, but I found (despite not having their own thread) they were already typed a lot in here.

Dorothy - ENTJ
Sophia - ENTP
Blanche - ESFP
Rose - ESFJ

I don't think any of them is really introverted, although Dorothy is probably the closest?

Why do you think Rose is a definite N? My initial reaction was that she could never be intuitive, but after watching the show more I started to question myself. Anyway, she always takes everything literally and has trouble keeping up with Sophia and Dorothy.

You could be right- she's an esfj. But I'm intuitive, and I take somethings literally-especially when people are making sarcastic jokes. I thought the reason Rose couldn't keep up with Sophia and Dorothy is due to where she grew up at- Saint Olaf. Saint Olaf seem like an idealistic town, where people say what they mean. So that could be one of the reason why she takes everything literally, remember the episode where Rose's cousin came to visit and fall in love with Blanche. Her cousin take it literally- when Blanche told him to " get out of here".

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5

Dorothy - ENTJ
Sophia - ENTP
Blanche - ESFP
Rose - ESFJ

You could be right about Dorothy. It could explain why she gets under my skin. My sister think I'm similar to Dorothy which is so funny :laugh:. Because I couldn't be any different from Dorothy.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my favorite show!!

dorothy: iNTJ but i can see her as an F sometimes
blanche: definite ESFP
sophia: ENTP
rose: EXFJ. it's really hard to pick between S and N for her because she takes things very literally but is also very idealistic.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, I have heard about this show from a friend. But this is very old and about old women?

I cannot understand the appeal...how? or what is interesting about it?

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
So, I have heard about this show from a friend. But this is very old and about old women?

Just watch it-one episode. Then you might see the appeal. I find the show to be funny. But it might not be for everyone.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

LOL @ calling an 80's show "very old"...no, "I Love Lucy" is a very old show, dude...

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL @ calling an 80's show "very old"...no, "I Love Lucy" is a very old show, dude...

I am not American and do not possess the same "common sense", I am sorry.

This "I love Lucy" is an "ancient" show in my perception.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am not American and do not possess the same "common sense", I am sorry.

This "I love Lucy" is an "ancient" show in my perception.

Oh ok I see.

It's a very character driven comedy show. It's pretty funny, but not as funny as say, "Soap."

I largely like it because I find it comforting. It reminds me of being a kid, etc.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How? Isn't it about old women and their senilities? Pretty Ironic..

it's about old women, they aren't senile. there is a nostalgia factor to it, but it's very well written and genuinely funny.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
it's about old women, they aren't senile. there is a nostalgia factor to it, but it's very well written and genuinely funny.

It was airing when I was a kid so I totally understand the nostalgia, especially with the recent death of Rue :cry: .

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
The more I watch, the more I start to feel like Dorothy might be INFJ after all. It's weird. Some INFJs have this colder, sarcastic exterior (hiding a golden heart) that resembles T... And she might seem too talkative, but she's with her family and her closest friends, so it's not really surprising.

Ratsimoan

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
4w5
The more I watch, the more I start to feel like Dorothy might be INFJ after all. It's weird. Some INFJs have this colder, sarcastic exterior (hiding a golden heart) that resembles T... And she might seem too talkative, but she's with her family and her closest friends, so it's not really surprising.

I thought that too. I kept going between infj and intj for Dorothy.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the golden girls

one of my favorite all-time tv shows! hopefully there isn't another thread on it already.

blanche: esfp 7w6
dorothy: inxj 1w2?
rose: esfj although she has some enfp moments. 2w3?
sophia: entp 7w8

Grunfur

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dorothy - ENTJ
She always looks for a logical answer in things. Whenever any of the girls or herself has a problem, she knows how to deal with the situation logically. She prefers to act upon these thoughts too, making her Te. She always has to confront a problem too. She's never afraid to share her honest thoughts toward something. Sometimes she can be thought of as rude, because her opinions rarely consider the sensitivity of others. Like most Js, she can also get mad when things do not go her way. However, emotional concerns rarely appear for her. Out of all the girls, I've only seen her cry once, but that was only because she had fatigue, traveled to many doctors and didn't believe she was sick. Who wouldn't cry? There was also an episode where she said that she had problems confronting her feelings (also implying that she inherited it from Sophia). I'd suspect that she is also an Ni auxiliary, because she's always telling Rose in her stories to get to the point. She is also rarely prone to care about her personal space (Si) and more interested in concepts. But ESTJ wouldn't be far off either.

Blanche - ESFP
Blanche is a typical live in the moment person. She is always interested in new sensational activities such has having fun on nights out and going to men's houses. Blanche always wants to try new things like auditioning for a play. As a kid she also did a lot of pranks too just for the sake of the sensational experience herself. She is often concerned with her looks, which hints more to the sensational element of her "sexual persona". But she can also genuinely have a concern for feelings too. It is a more personal sense of feelings though. When her father dies, she doesn't react to the situation until she puts her own feelings into it. Also, when she discovers her brother is gay, she does not understand it at first, but begins to accept him until she can relate her personal feelings to the situation (Fi). Rarely does judgment ever come into question. Sometimes Dorothy points out when she is in a bad relationship, but Blanche prefers not to judge and likes living in the moment. She proves the ESFP type to be the ones known for putting on a show.

Sophia - ENTP
She has a very witty sense of humor that is based on these far-fetched ideas. Sometimes when she tells a story she is lying, but they quite creative. And comes up with ideas right on the spot. In times of emergency, she can always be relied on for her innovative ideas. But is less likely to use Se, because you can tell that she is far more "out to lunch", thus less living in the sensational moment. There is also a typical ENTP side of her that comes up with business schemes rooted from her Ne and Ti. There was an episode where Dorothy mentioned how she used to try and sell some whacky products. Sometimes she gives the other girls good advice, when she isn't lying. A lot of her advice is based on her Ti. Generally, Sophia tends to be less personal and can sometimes be a bit mean and a prankster to others (ex. getting revenge from her friend Gladys). But her Fe side can be quite evident too. When she is offended by someone she will react quickly to them and less likely to spend time reviewing it over. In contrast, it is clear that Blanche and Dorothy can hold longer grudges or "go to their room".

Rose - ENFJ
Rose is known for her highly optimistic attitude. She constantly tries to maintain a state of happiness, which is quite involved with her and others. Despite other character's outlook on her, she is the most willing to help others. She is always concerned if she might offend someone, because her Fe dictates that she tries to maintain a state of happiness with herself and environment. Sometimes her cheery spirit can go away, because her Fe reacts to negative things too. In an episode a pessimistic lady, Mrs. Claxton kept interuptting her in her plan to save a tree. She got very angry at her. But later was sad that her anger possibly lead to Claxton's death. There are times when she has problems understanding things, because she supresses her Ti and is more likely to rely on concepts on her own Ni. In one episode, she conveyed a certain ideology toward saving manatees and she is generally cought up with community ideals. She is most involved in the community activities most likely because she has an image toward society (Ni). She also uses her Ni frequently to reflect on past experiences such as her life in Saint Olaf.

I suspect that Stan is an ENFP, but he hasn't had enough appearances for me to judge.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The real question is.. If you had to sleep with one of the Golden Girls which one would you pick? :laugh:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I'd rather spend an evening with Beatrice (Maude), because she's so smart and funny and into gay rights.

But I'd take Rue for a roll in the hay (if I were into older women :laugh: )