Yugioh 5d's
    Yusei Fudo-ISTJ
    Jack Atlas-ISTP
    Rex Godwin-INTJ
    Ruka-ESFP
    Rua-INFJ
    Aki Izaoi-ENFJ

Alexander the Terrible Array yenom's Avatar

Yugi always seems like INTJ or INTP to me. At least INTX.

Yugi and Yami Yugi are both IXXP's of some sort. Both are essentially quiet, keep to themselves types which signals Introversion. I think that to be considered a master gamer or the "King of Games" that Perceiving would be a huge assistance; P lends to people deftly adjusting to sudden changes, thinking on their feet, and a willingness to gamble. I'd say Yugi is an ISFP and Yami/Atem is an ISTP.

Jonouchi is a classic ESTP.

Kaiba strikes me as more ENTJ than INTJ. A kind of screwed up one. Most of his actions and decisions scream Te to me.

Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Kaiba as ENTJ....That makes sense, he's too loud and outwardly arrogant to be an INTJ.

How is Jonouchi an ESTP? He seems to care about his friends to an irritating degree, suggesting Ne.

Maybe I'm remembering his character incorrectly, but wasn't Jounouchi kind of loud, impulsive smart-ass who often put his foot in his mouth? Kind of a live-in-the-moment, "badass" type? Sounds like every ESTP teenage guy I've ever met. And since when does Ne suggest caring about friends to a ridiculous degree? : / That's Fe-dom if anything, a la Anzu's ESFJ.

But to put Jou's friendship considerations into perspective, ESTPs (like many S's) place a lot of priority in establishing and maintaining their social circles, being a part of a group is important. But perhaps I'm overemphasizing the T, and he's actually ESFP. The guy is an SP for sure.

Senior Member Array Harold Saxon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Yugioh:
    Yugi Motou - ISFP (definitely Fi-dominant, but I don't see much in the way of Ne)
    Yami Yugi (Atem) - INTJ (where's his Si? His dueling is rather Ni in nature, predicting the moves of his opponents and thinking up potential countermoves beforehand)
    Katsuya Jonouchi - ESTP (clearly an Se type, and his F is Fe rather than the ENFP's Fi)
    Anzu Mazaki - ESFJ
    Hintoro Honda - ISTP (I don't see any Fi in him, but he does display Ti and some Fe)
    Seto Kaiba - INTJ (I didn't see much of the latter parts of the series, but he seemed rather quiet and introspective in the earlier story arcs. Arrogance does not an extrovert make, just look at the vain-as-hell INTJs Light Yagami and Lelouch Lamperouge. Moreover, INTJs have rather strong Te, it being their auxiliary function.)
    Pegasus - INTJ (Fe-dominant? Pegasus? He can be emotional, sure, but it takes the form of blatant Fi rather than Fe)
    Marik Ishtar - ENTP
    Ryo Bakura - ISFJ (we forgot him)
    Yami Bakura - INTJ
    Dartz - ENTJ

Arrogance does not an extrovert make, just look at the vain-as-hell INTJs Light Yagami and Lelouch Lamperouge. Moreover, INTJs have rather strong Te, it being their auxiliary function.)
    Funny that you mention Light, because I've seen many type him as ENTJ (though INTJ is quite popular) and as the incarnation of Te. I've always distinguished between ENTJ and INTJ ambition and arrogance as thus: ENTJs will work to gain a desirable item so that they can have power, INTJs will gain power for a desirable item. For ENTJs, power is the end game and everything else is window dressing...

Senior Member Array Harold Saxon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Colombe Gris View Post
    Funny that you mention Light, because I've seen many type him as ENTJ (though INTJ is quite popular) and as the incarnation of Te. I've always distinguished between ENTJ and INTJ ambition and arrogance as thus: ENTJs will work to gain a desirable item so that they can have power, INTJs will gain power for a desirable item. For ENTJs, power is the end game and everything else is window dressing...
    No, Light is quite clearly INTJ. He gains no energy from social contact (the very definition of extroversion), but rather requires large amounts of time alone in his room. If we look at his functions as well, his Te orderliness and concern for efficiency is subservient to his Ni utopian vision - Ni-Te being INTJ by definition.

As for your latter point, it is a gross overgeneralization. ENTJs do indeed often seek power, but not all do - rather, it is merely a cognitive process set often well-inclined to power. This works the same way with INTJs and idealist ends, which INTJs are more prone to due to stronger Ni. However, one must bear in mind that Ni is an individualized (introverted) function, and would behave differently from INTJ to INTJ. An INTJ could indeed easily have thirst for power as a fashion of personal vision, it being the end in itself - Richard Nixon would be a good example of this form of INTJ.

But this is all rather off-topic.

As for your latter point, it is a gross overgeneralization. ENTJs do indeed often seek power, but not all do - rather, it is merely a cognitive process set often well-inclined to power. This works the same way with INTJs and idealist ends, which INTJs are more prone to due to stronger Ni. However, one must bear in mind that Ni is an individualized (introverted) function, and would behave differently from INTJ to INTJ. An INTJ could indeed easily have thirst for power as a fashion of personal vision, it being the end in itself - Richard Nixon would be a good example of this form of INTJ.
    Oh, I agree that what I was saying was an overgeneralization of everyday E/INTJs. I was trying to illustrate what I thought the differences of the two types might be in certain megalomaniac fictional characters. I apologize, I should have specified that I wasn't being so broad...but I still think both characters are ENTJs...but back on topic!

: )

Senior Member Array chihuahuasrluv's Avatar
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

Has anyone typed Mai Valentine?