• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How to Train Your Dragon

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Cute movie. Types? I've provided descriptions in case some of you did not catch all of their names during the movie. I didn't at least.

Hiccup - ENTP (main character)
Stoick - ISTJ or probably even ESTJ (the dad)
Gobber - Um, ESFJ? ESFP? (the guy who trains the kids)
Astrid - ISTP (love interest/tough girl)
Tuffnut - ESTP (annoying boy twin)
Ruffnut - ESTP (annoying girl twin)
Fishlegs - INTP (fat kid)
Snotlout - ESFP (the one that looks like Jack Black)

Toothless is, of course, untypeable.

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Toothless is an ISFP. XD

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Hiccup is an INFJ...don't you see how he falls for the ESTJ girl in the group? I could concede him being INFP, but nothing else. He's very obviously a feeling guy, very likely NF - he doesn't build new weapons, he advances his society by connecting two previously emotionally opposed sides. That's not what thinking types are good at.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, i thought this might be a thread about real dragons...i'll just skip back to fairy land....
*whistles*

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Hiccup is an INFJ...don't you see how he falls for the ESTJ girl in the group? I could concede him being INFP, but nothing else. He's very obviously a feeling guy, very likely NF - he doesn't build new weapons, he advances his society by connecting two previously emotionally opposed sides. That's not what thinking types are good at.

Astrid is not an E. I could maybe buy ISTJ, but as her specialty seems to be her tactile skills, and she is plucky and competitive, I tend to think she's more ISTP than anything.

And the first few minutes of the movie show Hiccup using his newly built weapon to take down the Night Fury (which he succeeds in doing.) Other than his propensity for inventing mechanical objects, though, I could see NF. He does seem to have a rather more substantial grasp of empathy than is typical of NTs, and a lot of his motivations do seem Fe-oriented.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Actually, I'm thinking now that INFJ does sound right for Hiccup.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Based on the TV series, I want to say ISFJ 9w1 5w6 2w1 sp/so for Fishlegs. I know in the original movie, it's hard to pinpoint him as anything more than a factspouting ball of anxiety with the little screentime he gets.

Him and Hiccup are both the smart guys of the group, but Fishlegs is more by the book than Hiccup while Hiccup is more innovative. Hiccup writes down observations, reading inbewteen the lines. Fishlegs has a wealth of knowledge, has an internal framework but goes by what was, his really potent memory. The way he interacts with Meatlug suggests higher up fe, how much he openly worries about her. Fishlegs is also very sensitive, one of the more sensitive of the group so I'd guess prominent si-fe with developed ti for him. He's doesn't like confrontation but when it comes out, you don't want to mess with him. I would say this reflects his 9, and his 2 fix working together.