• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Alice - ENxP
Hatter - ENxx
Red Queen - INTx
White Queen - ExFx
Absolem- xSTJ
Knaves -IxTJ

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I thought the Red Queen was/is ENTJ.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Alice - ENxP
Hatter - ENxx
Red Queen - INTx
White Queen - ExFx
Absolem- xSTJ
Knaves -IxTJ

It's rare but I disagree with almost all of these. (I saw the movie yesterday.)

Alice: INTP
Hatter: ESFP
Red Queen: ENTJ
White Queen: INFJ
Absolem: INTJ
Knave: ISTJ

Moonstone3

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9, 5
It's rare but I disagree with almost all of these. (I saw the movie yesterday.)

Hatter: ESFP
Red Queen: ENTJ
White Queen: INFJ
Absolem: INTJ
Knave: ISTJ

I definitely agree with Alice and The Red Queen

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
White Queen is a lot of Fe. She definitely also has a lot inside she doesn't put out on the table... a behavior typical of I's. (So yes, I agree with an introverted user of Fe... the Fe is her mask.)

I didn't really detect an interior world for Red Queen, she seems to be pretty much whatever she portrays herself as.

So why does everyone think the majority of characters here have to be N's?

KDude

I don't see why the White Queen has to be N.

Alice is pretty much a blatant one though. She takes after her dad too. "I wake up thinking of 6 impossible things before breakfast." :cool:

Tradewind

MBTI Type
INFJ
Maybe the Red Queen is an ESTJ? That would be interesting.

I'm not sure where I heard this but I have a sneaking suspicion that Helena Bonham Carter is some sort of xNFP. Maybe she is portraying her opposite in this role?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Red Queen: ESTx (J or P, I am unsure. She seems controlling for a P)
Mad Hatter: INFP? (weird and creepy, in an almost cute way...like an INFP)
White Queen: IxFJ (definitely Fe)

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alice(Movie) is INTP? Hah!

Alice - INFP
Hatter - ENFP
Red Queen - ESTJ
White Queen - IxFJ
Absolem- IxTP(not sure about movie)

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why INTP?

She struck me that way. She seemed awkward, for a girl, in a T kind of manner.

She is an N, of course for her dreamy la-la-ness, that much is obvious. But she seemed not only unconcerned with getting married (which, in itself, is not definitely INFP), she really seemed to not care about finding love, and getting a career, etc

Liesl

Alice was not "unconcerned with finding love." Not wanting an arranged marriage is not the same thing as not wanting to get married. And not wanting to get married is not the same thing as not wanting to find love. Alice recognized the hypocrisy of the world around her. She knew she had ideological differences from the people around her, and she did not like being imposed upon by a system she found confining, unimaginative, and hypocritical. Instead of accepting the proposal, she decided to follow a dream that was beckoning to her, quite literally.

I thought her behavior was more ENFP than INFP, but in any case, she is not xNTP. The whole movie is centered around her desire for personal individuality, freedom to live as who she truly is and not as who everybody else wants her to be. It's an xNFP movie.

And I wouldn't say it's a coincidence that Tim Burton, an ENFP, was attracted to the project.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw nothing in the movie which showed that she cared to find love. I was not in any way referring to the arranged marriage, and I am perfectly aware of the fact that she saw the hypocrisy, disliked being imposed upon by a system, etc.

How does

The whole movie is centered around her desire for personal individuality, freedom to live as who she truly is and not as who everybody else wants her to be. It's an xNFP movie.

that make it an xNFP movie? If anything, she is an INFP.

However, throughout the movie, she struck me as rather rude and apathetic, in a rather INTP kind of way (no offense to the rather nice, sweet, and charming ones).

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
Maybe the Red Queen is an ESTJ? That would be interesting.

I'm not sure where I heard this but I have a sneaking suspicion that Helena Bonham Carter is some sort of xNFP. Maybe she is portraying her opposite in this role?

Helena Bonham Carter declared herself an extravert in an interview about Sweeney Todd. Just saying.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Why is the Red Queen ESTJ, not ENTJ? She is so odd and totally unorthodox and seems to have created her own 'dream land'. I perceive her as someone who gets a vision and mobilizes everything to create that vision. Instead of 'adding onto' the previous regime, she changed everything according to what she wants and her theories. She's innovative in an evil way.

I did not identify with Alice in the movie at all - she was very cold and awkward, and points to more T than F. INFPs are warmer overall. She's a bit young, also to think about marriage and love - so I wouldn't use that as the only evidence. She didn't seem to 'relate' to anyone except the Mad Hatter.

The Mad Hatter is some sort of F...

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
However, throughout the movie, she struck me as rather rude and apathetic, in a rather INTP kind of way (no offense to the rather nice, sweet, and charming ones).

This is true.
However, it doesn't rule out one of the XNFP types.
A Feeling type can be rude like a Thinking type- especially if he or she is irked emotionally.
I wouldn't say she was completely apathetic.
If she was completely apathetic, why did she follow the White Rabbit in the first place?

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I did not identify with Alice in the movie at all - she was very cold and awkward, and points to more T than F. INFPs are warmer overall. She's a bit young, also to think about marriage and love - so I wouldn't use that as the only evidence. She didn't seem to 'relate' to anyone except the Mad Hatter.

Isn't she like...sixteen, seventeen in the movie? Looking at several factors, she isn't too young to think of such.

A. Time period
B. If she were an INFP, I bet she would be a little more inclined to find romance. She didn't seem worried about ending up like that one lady.
C. Just think about F women and general, and the want of love, etc (I stress general).

The Hatter is definitely some kind of F. I liked him.

This is true.
However, it doesn't rule out one of the XNFP types.
A Feeling type can be rude like a Thinking type- especially if he or she is irked emotionally.
I wouldn't say she was completely apathetic.
If she was completely apathetic, why did she follow the White Rabbit in the first place?

Well, you do bring up a good point- I know xNFPs who can be very rude (especially ENFPs). I also do not think she is completely apathetic. The rabbit had her curiosity. This only points to N, however. Neither T nor F.

Liesl

How does that make it an xNFP movie?
Because it's the calling card of the xNFP, the same way you might refer to a movie that's about recognizing illogical ideas/systems in the world and then creating new ideas/systems as an xNTP movie. It doesn't mean that Alice herself was an xNFP, but I explained my thoughts on her in other parts of the post. :)

Being rude or apathetic has nothing to do with type. Everyone is rude and apathetic in some situations and not in others. And additionally, being concerned with romance is not a universal xNFP trait. On the other hand, obsession with finding truth and meaning and developing identity is a pretty universal xNFP trait.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't trying to confine her to a type by talking about her being rude and apathetic, just that it points to the direction of INTP in the way she does it. I know INFPs are right up there with ENFPs and INTPs on being rude and apathetic. I find heavy Fi users are like that.

Obsession with finding truth is most certainly not just xNFP either.