Absolem- IxTP(not sure about movie)

You're fired. Lol. Array Antimony's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Post Thanks / Like

Why INTP?

She struck me that way. She seemed awkward, for a girl, in a T kind of manner.

She is an N, of course for her dreamy la-la-ness, that much is obvious. But she seemed not only unconcerned with getting married (which, in itself, is not definitely INFP), she really seemed to not care about finding love, and getting a career, etc
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Post Thanks / Like

Alice was not "unconcerned with finding love." Not wanting an arranged marriage is not the same thing as not wanting to get married. And not wanting to get married is not the same thing as not wanting to find love. Alice recognized the hypocrisy of the world around her. She knew she had ideological differences from the people around her, and she did not like being imposed upon by a system she found confining, unimaginative, and hypocritical. Instead of accepting the proposal, she decided to follow a dream that was beckoning to her, quite literally.

I thought her behavior was more ENFP than INFP, but in any case, she is not xNTP. The whole movie is centered around her desire for personal individuality, freedom to live as who she truly is and not as who everybody else wants her to be. It's an xNFP movie.

And I wouldn't say it's a coincidence that Tim Burton, an ENFP, was attracted to the project.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw nothing in the movie which showed that she cared to find love. I was not in any way referring to the arranged marriage, and I am perfectly aware of the fact that she saw the hypocrisy, disliked being imposed upon by a system, etc.

How does

The whole movie is centered around her desire for personal individuality, freedom to live as who she truly is and not as who everybody else wants her to be. It's an xNFP movie.
    that make it an xNFP movie? If anything, she is an INFP.

However, throughout the movie, she struck me as rather rude and apathetic, in a rather INTP kind of way (no offense to the rather nice, sweet, and charming ones).

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Maybe the Red Queen is an ESTJ? That would be interesting.

I'm not sure where I heard this but I have a sneaking suspicion that Helena Bonham Carter is some sort of xNFP. Maybe she is portraying her opposite in this role?
    Helena Bonham Carter declared herself an extravert in an interview about Sweeney Todd. Just saying.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is the Red Queen ESTJ, not ENTJ? She is so odd and totally unorthodox and seems to have created her own 'dream land'. I perceive her as someone who gets a vision and mobilizes everything to create that vision. Instead of 'adding onto' the previous regime, she changed everything according to what she wants and her theories. She's innovative in an evil way.

I did not identify with Alice in the movie at all - she was very cold and awkward, and points to more T than F. INFPs are warmer overall. She's a bit young, also to think about marriage and love - so I wouldn't use that as the only evidence. She didn't seem to 'relate' to anyone except the Mad Hatter.

The Mad Hatter is some sort of F...

Welcome to Sunnyside Array Mondo's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post

However, throughout the movie, she struck me as rather rude and apathetic, in a rather INTP kind of way (no offense to the rather nice, sweet, and charming ones).
    This is true.
    However, it doesn't rule out one of the XNFP types.
    A Feeling type can be rude like a Thinking type- especially if he or she is irked emotionally.
    I wouldn't say she was completely apathetic.
    If she was completely apathetic, why did she follow the White Rabbit in the first place?
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    I did not identify with Alice in the movie at all - she was very cold and awkward, and points to more T than F. INFPs are warmer overall. She's a bit young, also to think about marriage and love - so I wouldn't use that as the only evidence. She didn't seem to 'relate' to anyone except the Mad Hatter.
    Isn't she like...sixteen, seventeen in the movie? Looking at several factors, she isn't too young to think of such.

A. Time period
    B. If she were an INFP, I bet she would be a little more inclined to find romance. She didn't seem worried about ending up like that one lady.
    C. Just think about F women and general, and the want of love, etc (I stress general).

The Hatter is definitely some kind of F. I liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    This is true.
    However, it doesn't rule out one of the XNFP types.
    A Feeling type can be rude like a Thinking type- especially if he or she is irked emotionally.
    I wouldn't say she was completely apathetic.
    If she was completely apathetic, why did she follow the White Rabbit in the first place?
    Well, you do bring up a good point- I know xNFPs who can be very rude (especially ENFPs). I also do not think she is completely apathetic. The rabbit had her curiosity. This only points to N, however. Neither T nor F.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    How does that make it an xNFP movie?
    Because it's the calling card of the xNFP, the same way you might refer to a movie that's about recognizing illogical ideas/systems in the world and then creating new ideas/systems as an xNTP movie. It doesn't mean that Alice herself was an xNFP, but I explained my thoughts on her in other parts of the post.

Being rude or apathetic has nothing to do with type. Everyone is rude and apathetic in some situations and not in others. And additionally, being concerned with romance is not a universal xNFP trait. On the other hand, obsession with finding truth and meaning and developing identity is a pretty universal xNFP trait.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't trying to confine her to a type by talking about her being rude and apathetic, just that it points to the direction of INTP in the way she does it. I know INFPs are right up there with ENFPs and INTPs on being rude and apathetic. I find heavy Fi users are like that.

Obsession with finding truth is most certainly not just xNFP either.