• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Evanescence/ Disturbed/ Emilie Autumn

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
Obviously each involves more than one person, but for this thread I think we should assume that the vocalists are the primarily lyricists. So I'm using lyrics and interviews to guess type, probably very badly haha. I would like your thoughts/input please, if you are familiar (or can quickly become so) with these people. Thanks.

Amy Lee (Evanescence): ESF_. I am open to J because she seems to want to control everything -- from the music itself to who is actually in the band. She honestly seems like a control "freak", not that that alone can type P/J. It just makes me open to J when I would ordinarily assume she's a P.
Btw I've heard people mention her as INFP, I'd like to hear the rationale for that too :).

David Draiman (Disturbed): INF_ and I'm actually pretty sure of the NF, still looking for input though

Emilie Autumn: Here's a great interview, however it is over 30 mins long so you might want to just see the beginning or seek through it or something. I think ENF was obvious (to me) from that. I'm not so good with the cognitive processes but she seems more Ne than Ni to me, so ENFP is my guess. (Also iirc she has bipolar so that might cloud things, I don't know.)

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for reading this.

KDude

I didn't know Emilie was bi-polar.. almost all of her songs reflect her emotional life, i know that.. i know she had a hard time in school as well, and was aggressively individualistic in a "Fi" way. Technically tho,she's got crazy skills, more than many other "T" musicians, and loves just showing them off, so I wouldn't take that away from her either.

Harold Saxon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
All three are clearly Fi types, this much is obvious - that would rule out ESFJ for Amy Lee.

Amy Lee's control-freak tendencies may stem from a powerful tertiary Te. She strikes me as a particularly weird ESFP. She shows a clear combination of Fi and Se, and she's absurdly attention-seeking, pointing to extroversion.

David Draiman strikes me as a probable ENFP. I would be open to INFP for him from a purely functional perspective (Disturbed's lyrics scream a combination of Fi and Ne), but he's very sociable and a party animal.

Emilie Autumn, yes, very blatant ENFP.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
ok, thanks guys.

I didn't know Emilie was bi-polar.. almost all of her songs reflect her emotional life, i know that.. i know she had a hard time in school as well, and was aggressively individualistic in a "Fi" way. Technically tho,she's got crazy skills, more than many other "T" musicians, and loves just showing them off, so I wouldn't take that away from her either.

I read that she was but I don't remember where. I agree that she's incredibly talented (and at multiple instruments, of course).

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I think that Emilie Autumn is ESFJ now. I think she is Fe, not Fi. And yes, the Ne is there but it does not lead her life.