User Tag List

First 12

Results 11 to 19 of 19

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    How is Goofy an N?
    How is he not an N?

    Exhibit A

    [YOUTUBE="NIrdPSRP1us"]Goofy - Home Made Home [/YOUTUBE]

  2. #12
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    I don't get it... he's an N because he's a klutz? I see no indication whatsoever of Ne in there -- no theorizing, no synthesis, no flights of fancy, inventive or fantasy. He's just a slapstick character.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  3. #13

    Default

    Yeah, because he is clumsy and blissfully unaware of his own surroundings. It is dog typing. What do you see that is S?

  4. #14
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    I don't get it... he's an N because he's a klutz? I see no indication whatsoever of Ne in there -- no theorizing, no synthesis, no flights of fancy, inventive or fantasy. He's just a slapstick character.
    I think what wolfy is trying to say is that, because Goofy is not intelligent in a tactile way, (hence, being a klutz), he doesn't really give any good indicators of Se.

    Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context. An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment. A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us. The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.

    Does goofy seem like he's experiencing "oneness with the physical world"? He seems somewhat detached from it.

  5. #15
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Yeah, because he is clumsy and blissfully unaware of his own surroundings.
    he's not really unaware of his surroundings in an N way -- Intuitives aren't aware of their surroundings because they're in their own heads, they don't care for their surroundings. Goofy is just... clumsy. He's not pondering the great mysteries of life, he's not fantasizing, he's not in his own little world. He's not Ne.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I think what wolfy is trying to say is that, because Goofy is not intelligent in a tactile way, (hence, being a klutz), he doesn't really give any good indicators of Se.

    Extraverted Sensing occurs when we become aware of what is in the physical world in rich detail. We may be drawn to act on what we experience to get an immediate result. We notice relevant facts and occurrences in a sea of data and experiences, learning all the facts we can about the immediate context or area of focus and what goes on in that context. An active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture may occur until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Extraverted Sensing is operating when we freely follow exciting physical impulses or instincts as they come up and enjoy the thrill of action in the present moment. A oneness with the physical world and a total absorption may exist as we move, touch, and sense what is around us. The process involves instantly reading cues to see how far we can go in a situation and still get the impact we want or respond to the situation with presence.

    Does goofy seem like he's experiencing "oneness with the physical world"? He seems somewhat detached from it.
    This is a decent point, but he doesn't show any indicators of Ne either. And if he's not Ne, and he's not Se, what the hell is he?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  6. #16
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    he's not really unaware of his surroundings in an N way -- Intuitives aren't aware of their surroundings because they're in their own heads, they don't care for their surroundings. Goofy is just... clumsy. He's not pondering the great mysteries of life, he's not fantasizing, he's not in his own little world. He's not Ne.
    How do you know that? That's more internal than external. Just because someone ponders the more complex meanings behind things, or imagines live in a "intuitive" sense doesn't mean it will be readily apparent to the observer. Maybe he saw making a house as a "big fantastical challenge", and was more in tune with the prospects of the bigger picture (intuition inclination), but more frustrated with the smaller challenges of looking at a map or painting (sensation dysfunction).

    This is a decent point, but he doesn't show any indicators of Ne either. And if he's not Ne, and he's not Se, what the hell is he?
    He's an anthropomorphic cartoon character.

  7. #17
    reborn PeaceBaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Posts
    6,226

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PINxfouNQFw"]London[/YOUTUBE]

    How about The Littlest Hobo?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt


    "When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I love it!
    How about: Cujo
    8w9 sp. MBTI, I don't know. ISFP with rabies?

  9. #19
    Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    he's not really unaware of his surroundings in an N way -- Intuitives aren't aware of their surroundings because they're in their own heads, they don't care for their surroundings. Goofy is just... clumsy. He's not pondering the great mysteries of life, he's not fantasizing, he's not in his own little world. He's not Ne.
    You are wrong. Gooofy is one of the most fantasist and dreamy characters od the Disney Universe. He never take the world in concrete way but is always interpreting it in his own way, without any common sense. Plus his lack oh physical ability and hand-eye coordination (an Se trait) are frequent themes with Goofy. Actually, he's even closer with INFP than ESFP. The ESFP is Launchpad McQuack.


    ENFP are idiots too. JD from Scrubs, Luffy from One Piece, Dopey from Snow White & the seven dwarf, Pinky from Pinky & Brain are some axamples of ENFP idiot.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

    Chaotic Neutral

    E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

    "I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

    "Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Similar Threads

  1. Can an extrovert turn into an introvert?
    By phoenix31 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-28-2016, 02:46 PM
  2. [ENFP] How can I tell if an ENFP is into me?
    By ed111 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 05:58 PM
  3. [ENTJ] When an ENTJ goes into a midlife crisis...
    By Cypocalypse in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 02:45 AM
  4. So an INFJ walks into a bar and...
    By statuesquechica in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 11:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO