• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Regis Philbin

Liesl

This is one that is hard for me to figure out. Any thoughts on his type?

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teMzVfD7SXg"]Clip 1[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwLlKu31S9A&feature=related"]Clip 2[/YOUTUBE]

KDude

He's definitely "in the moment", whatever he is.,kind of likes making impact directly.. And extrovert, of course. Seems too rigid to be SP tho (Kelly in a way thinks differently. veers off often -always making funny connections.. i'd say NF somehow..enfp? but then, maybe it's just the contrast throwing me off)

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would say ENFP. I'm not skilled at typing, but he seems kind of easy to type. I really like him, he always gave off the vibe of the perfect father in law. I wonder if he has any daughters!

KDude

what is kelly then? don't mean to derail. i'm just confused. i thought she'd have been more enfp like.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
There's another Philbin thread in which someone suggested intp.

I think that still makes the most sense.

Liesl

what is kelly then? don't mean to derail. i'm just confused. i thought she'd have been more enfp like.
Ah, this one I can answer. Kelly Ripa is an ESFJ. She has fairly well developed Se, so there are times on show that she gives off an ESFP-like vibe. There are a handful of ESFJs that get mistyped as ENFP.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsqbuUdbujE"]Clip 1[/YOUTUBE]

Liesl

I would say ENFP. I'm not skilled at typing, but he seems kind of easy to type. I really like him, he always gave off the vibe of the perfect father in law. I wonder if he has any daughters!

He has two daughters, one married and one engaged. I love him. He seems like so much fun to have around.

KDude

Ah, this one I can answer. Kelly Ripa is an ESFJ. She has fairly well developed Se, so there are times on show that she gives off an ESFP-like vibe. There are a handful of ESFJs that get mistyped as ENFP.

Fair enough :) She does remind me of some ESFJs too.. I just thought she was kind random and spacey sometimes (makes her kinda cool).

Liesl

There's another Philbin thread in which someone suggested intp.

I think that still makes the most sense.

I've seen Philbin get typed as ENFx a lot. It's possible but something's just not quite right with it.

Last edited:

Liesl

I've been thinking about this some more, and I thought ESTP could possibly fit.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been thinking about this some more, and I thought ESTP could possibly fit.

My immediate reaction is this or ESFP

Liesl

Can you elaborate on what characteristics you're observing that indicate NF for Philbin?