First 2345 Last

Thread: Regis Philbin

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Sociology major? Sounds like he is an enfp then.

thinking of you

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by onceuponatime View Post
    No that's not cool, what you're doing is encouraging stupidity.
    You got to be kidding me. Seriously, we are typing a celebrity not doing brain surgery. Does it matter how I figure a person or celebrity type out. What I call " a feeling"- is my Ne function at work.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    You need to be able to analyze someone's motivations in order to type them. "Gut feeling" is not an acceptable way to type a celebrity, especially, though I could see it being more applicable with someone you actually know.
    " gut feeling" = Ne function for me
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Encouraging stupidity is a pretty big deal.
    Why so serious about something so trivial? We are typing celebrities!
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

— Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

This game is no fun if we don't provide analyses (or at least a reason that others are capable of comprehending) for our typings. What's the use of shouting "ISFJ!" "No, ESTP!" "What? INFP!" past each other all day long?

And to Candylandjoe - What does that Frenchie's type have to do with Regis? I don't think he's INTP because he's a (seemingly) nice, jolly, enthusiastic old television show host. At the very least, his energy level is not what I'd expect from any I, which rules out INTP.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

ESxp (prolly ESFp) that guy pisses me off for some reason.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

My bet is that Regis is an ESFJ. The reason why he doesn't seem so spontaneous is because he's Fe-dominant rather than Se-dominant. Many hilarious people are EXFJ types because they know how to appeal to the emotions of their audience.

With all of that said, even though I'm Ne-dominant, I've found that gut feeling isn't the best way or funnest way to type someone. (It takes the puzzle-solving aspect out of it.)
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    My bet is that Regis is an ESFJ. The reason why he doesn't seem so spontaneous is because he's Fe-dominant rather than Se-dominant. Many hilarious people are EXFJ types because they know how to appeal to the emotions of their audience.

With all of that said, even though I'm Ne-dominant, I've found that gut feeling isn't the best way or funnest way to type someone. (It takes the puzzle-solving aspect out of it.)
    Very interesting. I've seen other people type him as Fe-dominant too. It's definitely something I've considered, but I still don't see it. Could you elaborate on examples of him using Fe? Maybe I'm missing something you're seeing.

Ripa is ESFJ. This was her response to the Clay Aiken scandal.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsqbuUdbujE"]Exhibit A[/YOUTUBE]
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIId-plvagA&feature=related"]Exhibit B[/YOUTUBE]

This was Philbin's response. Watch from 4:22 onward.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67qY6bzxI38"]Exhibit C[/YOUTUBE]

Do you see how the "lack of propriety" seemed to upset Ripa a lot but Philbin couldn't really understand why it was such a big deal?

But I completely agree with what you're saying about Fe-dominant comedians and their incredible ability to play off the audience's emotions. Robin Williams and Nathan Lane are both likely ESFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    Oh, I agree with you and I think everyone would. I really don't want to derail this thread, but I will say this. What happened was that someone offered a type guess without having an explanation. And then someone else chimed in to call that "stupidity."

That's not an effective way of going about this. There are plenty of people who are going to have complex explanations for their incorrect conclusions and people who are going to have no explanations for their correct conclusions. (Some don't have the energy to explain, some can't articulate their explanation, and some are just plain guessing. None of those things makes them any more likely to be wrong than anyone else.)

No one is the ultimate authority on truth, so you have to be open to other people's contributions, whether or not they come in the form you expected it to and whether or not they make sense to you immediately. And the bottom line is that I'm all about finding the right answer and doing it in a way that's respectful to others.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Liesl View Post
    Oh, I agree with you and I think everyone would. I really don't want to derail this thread, but I will say this. What happened was that someone offered a type guess without having an explanation. And then someone else chimed in to call that "stupidity."

That's not an effective way of going about this. There are plenty of people who are going to have complex explanations for their incorrect conclusions and people who are going to have no explanations for their correct conclusions. (Some don't have the energy to explain, some can't articulate their explanation, and some are just plain guessing. None of those things makes them any more likely to be wrong than anyone else.)

No one is the ultimate authority on truth, so you have to be open to other people's contributions, whether or not they come in the form you expected it to and whether or not they make sense to you immediately. And the bottom line is that I'm all about finding the right answer and doing it in a way that's respectful to others.

Sounds like a good way of approaching it to me,
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx