• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Almost Famous

cfs1992

I was trying to type the characters...
William Miller: INxJ (?)
Penny Lane: ENTP
Elaine Miller (William's mother): ExFJ (?)
Russell Hammond: ExxP

The others I think there isn't enough information...

Any opinion?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was trying to type the characters...
William Miller: INxJ (?)
Penny Lane: ENTP
Elaine Miller (William's mother): ExFJ (?)
Russell Hammond: ExxP

The others I think there isn't enough information...

Any opinion?

Penny ENTP? What are your reasons for thinking that? I would have said ExFP.

I would have pegged Russell as an introvert.

cfs1992

Penny ENTP? What are your reasons for thinking that? I would have said ExFP.

I would have pegged Russell as an introvert.

Hum, I see Ne-dom... the "T" was just a hint... but ENFP makes lots of sense for her too. I'd have put ENxP in the first post... ;)

Why Russell as introvert? I found him with E tendencies... he seemed outgoing, IMO. When I watch the movie again I'll analyse him better...

Any guesses for William?

KDude

wasn't russell the "guitarist with mystique"? i think jason lee's character wanted to market him that way at least. i don't remember much of the movie, but that line always stuck with me. they were supposed to be somewhat based on cameron crowe's experience with Zep, and he was jimmy page (probably an introvert). edit: correction, it's kind of a hodgepodge. russell was more based on glenn frey (the eagles).

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hum, I see Ne-dom... the "T" was just a hint... but ENFP makes lots of sense for her too. I'd have put ENxP in the first post... ;)

Yeah, ENFP is possible, but I guess I've still always been on the fence for N/S with her, so I'm not seeing definite Ne.

Edit: In the 'extras' on the dvd Cameron Crowe explains that Penny was sort of a composite of several women he knew back then, in that music scene. Might be why she doesn't seem to have a very clear, obvious character.

Why Russell as introvert? I found him with E tendencies... he seemed outgoing, IMO. When I watch the movie again I'll analyse him better...

In comparison to Jason Lee's character (clearly E), Russell is much more reserved, careful in expressing things/how he expresses, seems to think before speaking, I always saw him as kind of in the background. The only time he really lost that reservation/detachment was when he was drunk or high.

Any guesses for William?

I don't have strong opinions on William, but INxJ seems fine to me.

chihuahuasrluv

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Maybe ENFP ( or ESFP) for Penny. I could be wrong but the way she describes the difference between groupies and "band-aids" , I dunno . How do you see T not F?

William - INFJ. At the end of the day the kid seems to like structure or controlled chaos.

I would say ENTP for Zooey's character. She plays a lot of NTs to me.

The mother I could see as a ESFJ.

Russell- maybe ISTP.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I agree with ExFP for Penny and INxJ for William, though IRL Cameron Crowe tends to give off more of a P vibe--INxP, maybe.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
So if William is INFJ, is Crowe? I could see it.