User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@ petra - lol yeah i understand. i don't hate her. she seems funny and sweet, and i imagine she saw a lot of meaning in the world that she didn't include in the book because it didn't fit the storyline. i just think her book wasn't very well tailored to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    @ petra - lol yeah i understand. i don't hate her. she seems funny and sweet, and i imagine she saw a lot of meaning in the world that she didn't include in the book because it didn't fit the storyline. i just think her book wasn't very well tailored to other people.
    i dont even have opinion on her as a person, more of her story and psychological state

i dont think she is the type of person, at least in the state she was in in that book, who finds much meaning in a world - she is all me,me,me - but as I said, not really forming opinion about her pereonally to be bothered.. there are way bigger personality flaws than that..

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    not sure are you talking about whoopi's character or that singer's? if its whoopi.. well, maybe you'd be even worse if you had her life conditions:/

i liked the color purple, kill me. If not for anything then for music, we Europeans dig church music you have there, lol.
    I was actually talking about "Eat, Pray, Love". "The Color Purple" wasn't too bad. Oh, and I'm European too.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Someone gushed to me what the book was about and I honestly don't "get" the appeal. I love to travel, and I self-analyze a lot (to do both at once and not have to worry about money would be awesome), but I have to agree with others when they say she's a touch self-absorbed.

When I found out they were doing a movie starring Julia Roberts I knew I had to stay away. Especially when I read about people following Gilbert in their own little "Eat, Pray, Love" vacation tour. Makes me want to

lol yeah she is self absorbed but i obviously dont have an alarm for e_fp self absorbtion*, but ENFJ? hah, thats another story:P

*though at first atempt to read I hated her

damn, now I cant tell is she really that unacceptable. Huh.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ExAstrisSpes
    Especially when I read about people following Gilbert in their own little "Eat, Pray, Love" vacation tour. Makes me want to
    seriously. and also:

eat pray love pillowcase

eat pray love hat

eat pray love shirt

eat pray love lipglosses

eat pray love tea

eat pray love bedding

eat pray love perfume

eat pray love keychain

eat pray love magnet

eat pray love storage basket

eat pray love earrings

:barf:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

MON DIEU.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Okay so I read like the summary and one to two pages of this book, and I'm thinking first of all, that's she's a terrible writer.

So not INFJ.

I'll let you know if I decide on a particular type later, but someone who does something like this is likely an NF.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    seriously. and also:

eat pray love pillowcase

eat pray love hat

eat pray love shirt

eat pray love lipglosses

eat pray love tea

eat pray love bedding

eat pray love perfume

eat pray love keychain

eat pray love magnet

eat pray love storage basket

eat pray love earrings

:barf:
    i thought Americans dont even recognize this kind of brainwashing anymore..., lol. *burn* i mean, based on how much there is this kind of shit in USA.

what shocked me in USA was when I saw a doll for kids with name "American Doll" in window of some shop. I mean, it's maybe not obvious to someone who lives in that enviorment forever.. but i cant even imagine "Croatian Doll" in shops, that level of self-love lol. And Croatia is a country full of nationalism.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's interesting that some people here think Gilbert is self-absorbed and they opened the book to read about Italy and India. There are many books about Italy and many books about India, Gilbert writes at the beginning that it was not supposed to be a travel book. It's a book about soul-searching. That makes it precious in my opinion, because, like I said, there are many compelling travel books, but not so many well-written and though-provoking books about making a change in your life. I'm being coached right now and I reached for the book. I can't explain how much I can relate to this. If I wanted to read about Italy, I know a good book or two I could read.

Someone also said it's too personal. Well, I think it's the author decision how personal she goes, isn't it? It's not her first book so she well knew the risk of opening herself up to people she knows and doesn't know. And still apparently decided to include all these personal details to give her work the meaning. I know I would open myself this much if I felt it's meaningful. Many artists do. She took that decision on her own and I don't see why readers should have problems with it, since it doesn't affect them in any possible way (that is unless the reader who left the comment on this page was Gilbert's ex, but I doubt it ).