User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: What does each type consider as "fun"

T҉̶r͟a̵gi̵̵c̸ H̡e҉͡r͟o Array Yamato Nadeshiko's Avatar
    6w7 so/sx

I like video games, especially open-world rpgs (character customization preferred!), anime and TV shows, reading... and writing when I'm in the mood and have an idea.
    mirror, mirror, what's behind you?
    save me from the things i see
    i can keep it from the world
    why won't you let me hide from me?
    Johari / Nohari
    6w7 9w1 4w3 - so/sx
    Phlegmatic - Melancholic
    Sensitive - Solitary - Serious

1 so
    ILI2 Ni

I find it really hard to have fun. I'm always dwelling on something, or staring off into space, through people's faces, in the middle of a restaurant so it just looks like I'm mentally challenged.
    I have this inability to be present in the present, and I hate it, because I feel like I'm literally not living life. I'm never in the moment. I'm a ghost. So going out with me and having fun in the traditional sense, like to a bar and clubbing or whatever, isn't the greatest experience, I'm not the life of any party.

However, sometimes, I get restless and I HAVE to try something new. Like the other day, I went to my first hockey game, and it was fun! I liked watching everyone be in sync for one purpose, and just peacefully enjoying a decidedly non-peaceable activity together! And there was so many lights, and music!

Hobbies though?
    • Video Games (JRPGS, strategies, and horror specifically)
    • Anime
    • Reading (VISUAL NOVELS) and writing
    • Cooking food (but it never comes out the same twice, I have this compulsion to mess with things, which greatly decreases my chances of being on Iron Chef) Preparing Elaborately detailed Bento lunches
    • Learning all the things
    • Laying in bed and pretending I'm a mermaid
    • I like the mindlessness of working out, especially treadmilling and swimming, but I'm kinda weak and unathletic/sickly...
    • Political Debate
    • People Watching/Animal Watching (Basically the same thing)
    • Sexy or Sappy Love Songs. Sad Songs. Classical Music, Grunge, Soft Rock, 90s Stuff.
    “That would be a good thing for them to cut on my tombstone: Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment.”
    ― Dorothy Parker

The harmony of being is when we feel the suffering of every creature, in our own hearts.
    -- Unity

Temporal Mechanic. Array Lexicon's Avatar
    5w6 sp/sx

In no particular order:

- playing with cats
    - wandering around the city/downtown, alone or with my INTP closest friend
    - walking & talking/observing, aimlessly, with someone I connect with, intellectually
    - blasting music I love while doing anything mundane (housework, driving, etc)
    - sex (who the hell would engage in it if it wasn't fun.. it's kind of a given)
    - going to shows (live bands) in intimately small bars and novel spaces (mill spaces, etc) - I specify the space size because concerts tend to be obnoxious/less immersive, for me
    - watching plays/musicals on stage or screen, though I'd much rather be involved in one directly
    - performing (acting/singing - though I've been working on learning to play a couple instruments)
    - singing alone
    - sewing, as in, making/modifying my clothing, but repairs aren't terrible to do, either. Sort of a practical/creative outlet.
    - driving (even traffic jams don't bother me, unless I'm out of fuel or something)
    - traveling, road trips, flying (I have some serious wanderlust)
    - doing special FX makeup/gore stuff for people
    - bicycling
    - swimming
    - hiking (I'd love to try spelunking)
    - kayaking, when I have access to one
    - camping (real camping, not this RVing bullshit)
    - amusement parks/thrill-seeky activities
    - playing pranks on people who deeply trust me
    - studying medicine, particularly how drugs interact with the body, nutrition, dermatology, psychology, and soforth
    - learning in general is pretty invigorating
    - having conversations that explore the depths of human nature and science and shit
    - exploring the depths of a specific individual's mind, whether they realize that's what I'm doing at the time, or not
    - reading (typically fiction novels, scifi/fantasy)
    - foruming (only TypoC)
    - watching films, tv (no romances/romantic comedies, plz)
    - writing, occasionally (mostly lyrics)
    - peoplewatching (yes, I'm a creep. Too bad)
    - taking apart other people's problems/helping them find resolution (unless I'm drained, it's less energizing, but still rewarding)
    - finding loopholes in systems/exploring new ways to utilize them
    - repairing random crap around the house via improvisation, having it actually pan out
    - having drinks with good friends once in awhile, usually at someone's house - not a huge bar fan. Hate clubs. Not big on parties. We usually watch weird/creepy/unsettling/ridiculous films I force on people. Their reactions feed my soul.

A lot of this stuff can be enjoyed solo just as much as with a friend, but certain things I'm less apt to do alone, like hiking/kayaking/camping. I usually need a more outdoorsy person to remind me that stuff exists, and is an option when it comes to stuff to do.

...I'll probably add more later

I'm pretty tame/boring, these days.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

4 so/sp

-Playing board games/ card games with friends or family
    -Tent camping / being in the wilderness / all aspects of it tied together
    -Exploring a new location - i.e. while traveling out of the country
    -Wandering off trail while on a hike to find good photographs -- to the confirmed annoyance of some people, and probable annoyance of almost everyone else, sigh. (Hiking + photography + exploring 'fun' trifecta! haha)
    --> Traveling!!
    -Watercolor painting
    -A night out with a friend or two, whether at a wine bar or a little pub for food and drink, or trying a new restaurant (groups greater than 4 though can make me super uncomfortable and it becomes un-fun, as that pretty much means I'm with one person I know and the others are acquaintances / I don't know at all)
    -Small dinner parties with good friends, good food and wine
    -Rock Climbing
    -Yoga (back when I was doing it regularly and I was in better shape re it -- now, it wouldn't be fun per se, haha)
    -Driving into the mountains with good music playing in the car
    -The occasional solo trip to a coffee shop to just enjoy a drink while reading or painting
    -Though I've only done 3 or 4, back when I had disposable income, cooking classes are super fun
    -Decorating/ designing / creating spaces, posters, presentations, book layouts - visual aesthetics
    -I read a LOT, and thoroughly enjoy it, but I'm not sure I'd classify that as 'fun'
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints

The Memes Justify the End Array EcK's Avatar
    ILE None

- new stuff
    - debating
    - going out
    - going to my favorite places (baby Si)
    - sex

I'm a simply creature
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Working on stuff together
    Shopping can even be fun
    I just enjoy doing things, I would even enjoy a crochet class. I couldn't do it for fun all the tike, but a class that learns would be fun or every once in awhile.
    Anything learning or doing things with my hands

I am not a high emo energy person, don't enjoy things that require me to be high emotions energy
    Take what I say with a grain of salt, because that's all it is compared to the ocean of complexity when it comes to actions and real life.

Games movies music
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

There is no fun.
    Why even have fun when you can be a productive member of society?

I'm super type A so I love 'accomplishing' things. I have two online businesses so those keep me busy af, and I'm also really into fitness. I'm also very ~artsy though so I write and paint as well. And when I'm being lazy? Netflix forever.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Physical activities I can do on my own without others.
    Anything I can do on my own without others.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm