User Tag List

First 1234 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I quite like going and seeing live bands in a small and intimate pub, with a couple of friends in tow. Goofing round, and having a couple of beers.
    Going to cafes to shoot the breeze also rates. Eating out, doing the same.
    Hanging out, watching vids. You know, laid back stuff.
    Going up to the local, where you know every body is sweet too, involves hang overs though...anything where the company and conversation is good, and isn't about the whole meat market thing.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Fun for me? Whoa... Now that's a massive topic.

Deep conversations almost regardless of topic, things that make me feel free and on top of the world.
    Things that improve myself (knowledge, physical exercise etc), sex, drinking with friends.
    Planning and envisioning the future, arranging events and actions, formulating theories and ideas.
    Making my theories come true is extremely gratifying.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Finding a person that allows me to be me for once. Someone who I can talk to one-on-one, who won't be weirded out, who'll enjoy connecting with me, talking with me for hours, sitting silently and hold me afterwards, have pillow fights with me and watch tv. Someone I can get to know inside out. Someone I can go out with and dance with, and enjoy the rhythm with. And no, I'm not talking about someone to share my life with, though he had better do all those things with me and more. It can also be several people. Those I can trust, and feel natural around me and have no qualms with who I am basically, I'm allowed to tease, giggle, cry with and who enjoys that as well. That's the most fun you can let me have. This also includes horseriding and cuddling kittens, as I build the same kinda bond with animals.

Aside from that, on my own, I like gathering knowledge, figuring out new connections and ideas, increasing my understanding of the universe and myself, gaining insights and wisdom, but also collecting things that appeal to me, that have a unique quality and beauty to them, things that remind me of a person or a previous delicious experience that I can relive over and over again. This also includes watching certain movies that remind me of someone or have a feel-good vibe about them over and over again. It's even better if I get to share that with someone I like a lot (see above).
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Finding a person that allows me to be me for once. Someone who I can talk to one-on-one, who won't be weirded out, who'll enjoy connecting with me, talking with me for hours, sitting silently and hold me afterwards, have pillow fights with me and watch tv. Someone I can get to know inside out. Someone I can go out with and dance with, and enjoy the rhythm with. And no, I'm not talking about someone to share my life with, though he had better do all those things with me and more. It can also be several people. Those I can trust, and feel natural around me and have no qualms with who I am basically, I'm allowed to tease, giggle, cry with and who enjoys that as well. That's the most fun you can let me have. This also includes horseriding and cuddling kittens, as I build the same kinda bond with animals.

Aside from that, on my own, I like gathering knowledge, figuring out new connections and ideas, increasing my understanding of the universe and myself, gaining insights and wisdom, but also collecting things that appeal to me, that have a unique quality and beauty to them, things that remind me of a person or a previous delicious experience that I can relive over and over again. This also includes watching certain movies that remind me of someone or have a feel-good vibe about them over and over again. It's even better if I get to share that with someone I like a lot (see above).
    This largely resonates for me too tho I don't giggle much - when I am amused I'm told I have a "dirty" chuckle
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

i don't like deep conversations..i don't mind listening, but i don't really talk much, even if it's not "deep", and just some friends telling some story or whatever. i like pondering things on my own though (just covering myself there, so i don't sound like i lack "depth". heh). i like musicians i can mesh well with.. kind of frustrating if they're the types who just like veering off and spazzing on the double kick and don't listen to the songs others are playing. easy way to make it unfun.

playing games (sports, video, or some random drunk table game made up on the spot), or watching some movie with friends. and none of this nice casual gaming either. i'm keeping score and will kick your ass. else it's not fun parties and bars are ok..not really my first choice, but i might go if someone drags me. i'll leave if it's mostly dudes and old people.

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I dont generally consider small get togethers of close friends to be particularly "fun". "Fun" involves meeting new people, trying new things, being in large groups where there is tons of positive energy flying around that just gets you caught up. I can never understand how my INFP friend can hang out with the same 2-3 people all the time, quietly at her place, and not be bored out of her mind.... to me that might as well be staring at a wall.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

-Playing games with clearly defined rules, but which give rise to emergent complexity
    -Getting multiple things done at once (hyper-optimization)
    -Learning about people
    -Creating things which I know will be appreciated by people I care about
    -Exercise where it's 'not just exercise' but where my lack of proficiency isn't a detriment
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    -Playing games with clearly defined rules, but which give rise to emergent complexity
    -Getting multiple things done at once (hyper-optimization)
    -Learning about people
    -Creating things which I know will be appreciated by people I care about
    -Exercise where it's 'not just exercise' but where my lack of proficiency isn't a detriment
    This gives rise to a number of other questions I have on other xNTPs but I will ask those in another thread. Mainly about my own tendency to enjoy multi-tasking under pressure, hyperfocus and learning new crafts then getting bored after mastery is attained.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    This gives rise to a number of other questions I have on other xNTPs but I will ask those in another thread. Mainly about my own tendency to enjoy multi-tasking under pressure, hyperfocus and learning new crafts then getting bored after mastery is attained.
    :o

Well, it's in most of the profiles for the type, so it's pretty much guaranteed to be a common trait...
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    :o

Well, it's in most of the profiles for the type, so it's pretty much guaranteed to be a common trait...
    In typology most traits are generalised - I have found no harm in confirming these with real people
    — Richard P. Feynman

author unknown