Phantom: INFx
    Christine Daae: IxFx
    Raoul: ESxx
    Madame Giry: ExFJ
    Meg Giry: ISFP
    La Carlotta: ExFP

Any guesses?
    Christine Daae seems like an INFP type.

Raoul , an ESFJ ? If he's ESFJ he would be more compatible with Christine.
    Though die hard Phantom/Christine shippers might say ESTJ for Raoul

Phantom a INXJ. Parts of me says he's a Feeler but considering he's willing to murder or torture anyone who gets in his way makes wanna say T.

We are talking about the musical right? I've seen the movies only though.

We can talk about both the musical and the book, the personality of the characters are the same, imo.

Yeah, the Phantom is a murderer, a cold one, I can say. But isn't all his crimes motivated by a burning passion than unemotional plans? He was very disturbed, what made him a psychopath with sick jealousy... INTJ can be considered due to the tertiary Fi, what can give him this passionate nature... but he's quite intense, isn't him?

Senior Member Array chihuahuasrluv's Avatar
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by cfs1992 View Post
    Yeah, the Phantom is a murderer, a cold one, I can say. But isn't all his crimes motivated by a burning passion than unemotional plans? He was very disturbed, what made him a psychopath with sick jealousy... INTJ can be considered due to the tertiary Fi, what can give him this passionate nature... but he's quite intense, isn't him?

Hence my confusion on his type

I almost said ISFP for Christine but Meg fits ISFP so much and Christine seems a bit more N. She has to face deeper stuff than Meg. The way she handles the Phantom is very much in the way a NF would. Even her songs seem NF.

Quote Originally Posted by chihuahuasrluv View Post
    I almost said ISFP for Christine but Meg fits ISFP so much and Christine seems a bit more N. She has to face deeper stuff than Meg. The way she handles the Phantom is very much in the way a NF would. Even her songs seem NF.
    I agree...

Senior Member Array Harold Saxon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    EII

Erik/The Phantom - mentally disturbed INFP (his F is clearly Fi, not Fe - he could be an INTJ with an overactive tertiary, but he also seems more Ne-Si than Ni-Se)
    Christine - INFJ (Fe, not Fi, and she displays quite significant Ni in how she deals with the Phantom)
    Raoul - ESFJ
    Madame Giry - ESFJ
    Meg - ISFP
    Carlotta - ESFP

From the Undertow Array CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I think Christine's approach with the Phantom seems a bit more Fe, at least from what I've seen in the movie version. Big conflict between believing, or wanting to believe he's doing something good for her in achieving her full musical potential, and yet knowing/sensing he's obsessive about her. Regarding the Phantom as her Angel of Music from what she's heard of his singing seems Ni to me. Could be an INFJ with well developed Fi too. I'd say either INFP or INFJ for her.

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I can't see Phantom as anything other than INFx, and I would think INFP. (I haven't read the book, so I'm basing this on the musical). These are lyrics from Music of the Night :

Close your eyes for your eyes will only tell the truth
    And the truth isn`t what you want to see.
    In the dark it is easy to pretend
    that the truth is what it ought to be.
    Doesn't sound like much of an NT. (And the song as a whole seems to drip with Fi).

The same actions can come from different motivations, and motivations tell you the most about people. Murderers aren't necessarily unfeeling psychopaths. He was a dreamer and he'd imagined a future for himself in which he'd have ideal love and create beautiful music, and seemed desperate to make his dream a reality and end his suffering.
    His desperation got to the point where he was willing to harm anyone who stood in his way.

I'm thinking Phantom is INFP, Christine is IxFJ. Raoul...ESFJ seems to fit. The other characters aren't that developed in the musical, so I won't try to type them.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by cfs1992 View Post
    Phantom: INFx
    Christine Daae: IxFx
    Raoul: ESxx
    Madame Giry: ExFJ
    Meg Giry: ISFP
    La Carlotta: ExFP

Any guesses?
    Phantom: ENTP specially in the book. Dude created his whole underground labyrinth, and actually was fucked up by NOT being allowed around people. Despite this in his earlier days, wasn't he like a suave goon for hire?

Christine: INFJ

Raoul: ESTJ

The rest I could care less.

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    The same actions can come from different motivations, and motivations tell you the most about people. Murderers aren't necessarily unfeeling psychopaths. He was a dreamer and he'd imagined a future for himself in which he'd have ideal love and create beautiful music, and seemed desperate to make his dream a reality and end his suffering.
    His desperation got to the point where he was willing to harm anyone who stood in his way.

I'm thinking Phantom is INFP, Christine is IxFJ. Raoul...ESFJ seems to fit. The other characters aren't that developed in the musical, so I won't try to type them.
    I agree with your point of view and I can see the Phantom as an INFP (with serious mental problems). Christine is a contradiction, she acts in many ways during the story. She displays Fe, Fi, Ni, Ne and Si, what can make her either an INFP, INFJ or ISFJ. When I watched the movie for the first time, I firstly thought ISFP, but then I realized that her Se isn't very developed. But I can't see her too much as an ISFJ, she's very, very dreamy... If she was an S, she would be more realistic about the situation (like Meg, for example... she thinks that Christine's going crazy and worries about her...). So I think INFx (INFP or INFJ with a good Si)...