User Tag List

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fictional characters MBTI type

Talking Fictional characters MBTI type

i saw this thread on intp cental so... i decided to bring it here.

what do you think your favorite fictional character's types are? This includes show like Star Trek, south park, any anime, or any show that you personally like...

(i'll post mine later)

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

A post I originally made over at INFPgc.

I would like to chime in here, fueled by a sudden inspiration to type the main characters of Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

INCLUDES SPOILERS.

John the Savage represents a maladapted, unhealthy INFP to me. It is obvious that he's a dreamer, as can be seen in his idealization of the World State and his love for Lenina Crowne. His adherance to his values is such that he ultimately perceives himself to have strayed too far - willingly or not - from them, so much that in his eyes the violation is irreversible. He ends up commiting suicide, ends up being a small sigh in a loud, buzzing society, the culture of which consistently shocks John into finally choosing death.

Bernard Marx, the Alpha Plus psychologist, is a similarly misfit INTP. He's consistently plagued by self doubt which usually ends up overshadowing his high intelligence. His inferiority complex, brought on by circumstances over which he had no control, is another layer of bernard's shell, of which the readers sees much. He's also socially inept, partly due to his physical defects.

Helmholtz Watson seems like an ENXJ to me. In his position, he's confident and influential, and not always bent on doing what the society expects, as the novel makes us witness. Restless for a change waiting to be brought on, He's generally supportive of Bernard and sympathetic towards John. Of all the main characters in the novel, it is he that is usually the most civil.

Mustapha Mond, the great strategist of the World State, reads like a coin toss between INTJ and INFJ. In his well intentioned and ultimately successful quest to bring about happiness to the whole world, he has repressed his own individuality, free will, and also confiscated the same of all others. As the only character who uses some form of empathy in the book - with the possible exception of Helmholtz - he is unique in that he can truly understand (and argue against) the existential dilemma of the protagonists, and makes for a competent, though not in any way evil, adversary.

Some words I will type for Lenina Crowne before hitting the submit button. Although she's a conditioned character, in her we can see some form of the ESFJ, always concerned - in her own way, keeping in mind the novel's unique setting - for the well being of others that she's constantly around. Not understanding her traveling companion Bernard's (who she characterizes as "odd", in affectionate fashion) unusual desires, she isn't in any way interested in changing that which she is used to. Of course, that doesn't stop her from being an affectionate and helpful character, where need be, as we can see from her outlook towards John.
    Not really.

FMA:
    Mustang- ENTJ (very)
    Ed- ENTP with a developed I
    Al-INFP (very)
    Armstrong- ESFP??
    Scar- ISFJ (that whole religious obsession and stuff such as that)
    Hughs- ENFJ

Naruto:
    Shikamaru: INTP
    Naruto: ENFP
    Sasuke: ISFJ
    Sakura: EXFJ
    Gaara: INTJ? (or is he a F?)
    Kankuro: ESTP
    Tamari: ENTP

Boondocks
    Heuy Freman: INTP
    Riley Freeman: ENTP
    Robert (grandad) Freeman- ISFJ
    Tom- ESFJ
    Ed Wuncler the 2nd- ESTP
    Gim Rummy- INTJ
    ---
    Family guy:

Stewie- INTJ
    Brian- INTP
    ---
    Death Note-
    Light- ENTJ
    L- INTP
    Ryuk- ENTP
    Near- INTJ
    Mello- ENFP
    Last edited by lazyhappy; 12-27-2007 at 06:56 PM.

Banned Array
    MBTI
    ExTJ

There is already a forum with this sorts of stuff in it.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-culture-type/

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    There is already a forum with this sorts of stuff in it.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-culture-type/
    true... true. but i was not motivated enough to look for or start just a topic on fma chars... i just wanted to do it under one... i guess...

(... actually i didn't know... but whatever.)

Banned Array
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lazyhappy View Post
    true... true. but i was not motivated enough to look for or start just a topic on fma chars... i just wanted to do it under one... i guess...

(... actually i didn't know... but whatever.)
    This makes sense, the thread might actually do better here than in the other thread, but I'm not completely sure.

Edit: As for fictional characters (I haven't really thoughht which ones are favorite, so here are some assorted characters as they come to me.):

Bourne from the Movies: ISTP

R2D2: ISTP

C3P0: ESFJ

The mom from Manchurian Candidate: ENTJ

Stan Goodspeed (The Rock): ENTP

Nicholas Angel (Hot Fuzz): ISTJ

Furry Critter with Claws Array Kiddo's Avatar
    MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by lazyhappy View Post
    FMA:
    Mustang- ENTJ (very)
    Ed- ENTP with a developed I
    Al-INFP (very)
    Armstrong- ESFP??
    Scar- ISFJ (that whole religious obsession and stuff such as that)
    Hughs- ENFJ
    Those sound pretty good. I'd say Armstrong is ESFJ, with his strong devotion to appearance and his caring nature.

Naruto:
    Shikamaru: INTP
    Naruto: ENFP
    Sasuke: ISFJ
    Sakura: EXFJ
    Gaara: INTJ? (or is he a F?)
    Kankuro: ESTP
    Tamari: ENTP
    Gaara is ISTJ, without a doubt. He has that whole, "life is meaningless" philosophy, followed by an absolute desire to repay old debts. Sasuke is neurotic from childhood trauma and just plain emo bitchness, so I don't think we can really type him yet.

Boondocks
    Heuy Freman: INTP
    Riley Freeman: ENTP
    Robert (grandad) Freeman- ISFJ
    Tom- ESFJ
    Ed Wuncler the 2nd- ESTP
    Gim Rummy- INTJ
    I'm certain Heuy is INFJ. The last episode, he demanded that Riley clean up after himself, imposed sanctions, and even stood guard over him. It was precisely the same way I handled my little brothers when I was babysitting them and they absolutely refused to cooperate. Not to mention he is the character with the most foresight into the future. And he just has the INFJ stone-faced attitude down perfectly. From that episode where Gin had the lemonade stand, I would type her as ISFJ.

Family guy:

Stewie- INTJ
    Brian- INTP
    Perfect.

Meg- INFP
    Peter-ESTP
    Lois- ENFJ
    Chris-ISFP

Death Note-
    Light- ENTJ
    L- INTP
    Ryuk- ENTP
    Near- INTJ
    Mello- ENFP
    I agree with those.

Gaara is ISTJ, without a doubt. He has that whole, "life is meaningless" philosophy, followed by an absolute desire to repay old debts. Sasuke is neurotic from childhood trauma and just plain emo bitchness, so I don't think we can really type him yet.
    yeah, gaara also likes sensations (my sister said that was a s-thing.. -.-)
    ... ie-blood spilled when he was cool
    and sasuke seems like my freaky grudge-obsessed grandma... so i label him isfj...

I'm certain Heuy is INFJ. The last episode, he demanded that Riley clean up after himself, imposed sanctions, and even stood guard over him. It was precisely the same way I handled my little brothers when I was babysitting them and they absolutely refused to cooperate. Not to mention he is the character with the most foresight into the future. And he just has the INFJ stone-faced attitude down perfectly. From that episode where Gin had the lemonade stand, I would type her as ISFJ.
    OI! yeah! now that i think about it... huey does seem very infj-ish... but he has a t-ness... i thought... i mean Martin Luther was a infj and huey isn't religious at all, like MLK...(though, in one episode he prayed, but that was when he was totally at the end of the line but said he didn't know who he was praying to- and concluded that he believes we make our own miracles, not some god)... and isn't as nice (i need a better word) as mlk... -ie. when he started punching the dude that was poking at mlk for being un-patriotic...

when nf is versed with nt, from my exparience, nf is somewhat more religious or believes in some (what the word) spiritualness or umm-- damn. but that doesn't mean all nf's do... i have met religious NT's <_< (i was preached by 3 in my life- 2 christians and 1 strong athiest who didn't make sense)... and non-religious NF's...

he could be a intj... but all the intj's i met were rule-following-nerds (no offence intjs...)... infj sounds the most correct though.

(and sorry if i didn't write this well... i need sleep)

Free-Rangin' Librarian Array Jae Rae's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Default Northern Exposure

Is anyone else a fan of Northern Exposure? Here's a rundown of the main characters, their eccentricities and possible types.

Dr. Joel Fleischman. Owes the state of Alaska five years of service for putting him through med school. New York Jewish guy through and through. Plays golf in the wilds of Alaska, but can't wait to get back to NYC. Type - INTJ

Maggie O'Connell. Female bush pilot. Has a love/hate relationship with Dr. Fleischman, friendly to everyone else. Raised in Gros Pointe Michigan. All her serious boyfriends end up dying in strange ways, eg, one was killed when a satellite fell on him. Type - ESFP

Chris Stevens. Ex-con disc jockey and mail-order minister. Quotes Jung, Whitman, Thoreau, Kierkegaard, Kant, etc. Rides a motorcycle, lives in a mobile home. Babe magnet. Friendly. Renegade who still lives on the edge of the law and respectibility. Type - ENTP

Maurice Minnifield. Former astronaut and ex-Marine. Wealthy Republican who owns the radio station and most of the property in town. Gourmet, likes show tunes, grows orchids, collects antiques. Homophobic & racist. Served in Korea where he fathered a biracial son whom he accepts. Type - ESTJ

Holling Vancouer. Ex-trapper who runs The Brick, the only saloon/ restaurant in town. De facto mayor. Friendly. Married to Shelly Tambo. Type - ESTP

Shelly Tambo. Former beauty queen. Married to Holling, who wooed her away from Maurice. Madly in love with Holling, although she's 40 years younger than he is. Energetic, friendly. Type - ESFP

Ruth Ann Miller. Widow. Runs the general store. Intelligent, opinionated and doesn't take any guff from anyone. Type - INTJ?

Marilyn Whirlwind. Dr. F's receptionist. Intuitive Native American woman who barely speaks and communicates with subtle facial expressions. Type - INFP

Ed Chigliak. Young Native American. Filmmaker. Works for Ruth Ann. Shaman-in-training. Friendly. Type - ENFP

Feel free to add...

What a marvelous series. Archetypes, Jung, symbolism, amazing scenery. David Chase directed the later episodes.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

Saint Nicololololas Array The Ü™'s Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

What about these lovely ladies? I say INFJ for both: