• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fictional characters MBTI type

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love your argumentation.;)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Kenobi is an ISTJ, he looks like an INTP in the classical trilogy because he've developed his Ne inferior function, thanks for hermitt lifestyle wich make him a little eccentric. But it's not representative of the rest of his life. Obi-Wan is first an ISTJ who value procedures, rules and duty. Is not a theorician like INTP, but a factual an judger Master Jedi.

He's also the exact opposite of his impulsive padawan Anakin Skywalker, who is an ENFP.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Kenobi is an ISTJ, he looks like an INTP in the classical trilogy because he've developed his Ne inferior function, thanks for hermitt lifestyle wich make him a little eccentric. But it's not representative of the rest of his life. Obi-Wan is first an ISTJ who value procedures, rules and duty. Is not a theorician like INTP, but a factual an judger Master Jedi.

He's also the exact opposite of his impulsive padawan Anakin Skywalker, who is an ENFP.
I can't tell if you're just screwing with me or are SRS BZNS. In any case, "No chance."

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
FMA:
Mustang- ENTJ (very) (true i could see entj/ but has to have riza be the prod hehe cause of his "slacking off" "procrastination/last minute is when he'll start doing the paperwork in a hurry to meet the deadline xDD")
Ed- ENTP with a developed I (I read somewhere ENTJ's like to marshall and direct this character does alot of that but also is very impulsive/ entj? hmm xDDD)
Al-INFP (very) (hehe so cute IxFP torn about that one saving kitties and stuff hehe)
Armstrong- ESFP?? (maybe ESFJ cause of how he always goes on about the generations of family/carried down the armstrong line blah blah lol)
Scar- ISFJ (that whole religious obsession and stuff such as that)Hughs- ENFJ (^^D/ family man lol)

Naruto:
Shikamaru: INTP ( absolutely agree here/fave character of the series/pretty obvious heh)
Naruto: ENFP (agree/another fave less obvious hehe)
Sasuke: ISFJ (agree with someone who said he's too emo still to decide hehe)
Sakura: EXFJ (maybe ? esfj seems like this one longs for the way things used to be with the three of them(naruto, her, sasuke)
Gaara: INTJ? (or is he a F?)
Kankuro: ESTP (hehe puppets love how they make clicking noises whenever he's using them it makes me laugh *clears throat* besides that lol i agree.)
Tamari: ENTP (i'm no expert but i always seen this character as estj? very straight forward, to the point. seems pushy to like advising/poking lol at shikamaru for not being a jounin and if he'd not slack off he would be one xDDD etc)

Family guy:

Stewie- INTJ (xDD)
Brian- INTP
---
Death Note-
Light- ENTJ
L- INTP
Ryuk- ENTP
Near- INTJ
Mello- ENFP

that's just my two cents i thought i'd contribute since i looovvvee anime xDDD
and it is interesting topic. oh and house from house MD i personally think he's ENTP/ same for jon stewart both which make me giggle like a little kid haha. :rofl1:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Homer Simpson - ISFP
Marge Simpson - ISFJ
Bart Simpson - ISTP
Lisa Simpson - INFJ

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
roger (the alien) from the show 'american dad' is a huge ENFP.

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm actually convinced that Bree and Orson in Desperate Housewives represent an ISTJ (Bree) - ISFJ (Orson) relationship. They're far far more interested in housekeeping/status than either me or my boyfriend though. I'm more of a Lynette than a Bree!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
How in God's name are Bart and Homer introverted?

Homer is introverted because most of the time he usually likes to sit on the couch, watch football or anything else on TV, skip church, sleep at work, etc. Even when he goes to the bar, he only hangs out with a couple of people (Moe, Barney are the most prominent). Introvert all the way. He doesn't seem to even be a people-person. I don't know how one can call him an extrovert. Just think about it.

Bart hates the rules of school, usually gets into trouble, and likes doing daredevil stunts on his skateboard. He just doesn't seem to be a people person either. His only close friend is really Milhouse. ISTP.

VagrantFarce

Homer is introverted because most of the time he usually likes to sit on the couch, watch football or anything else on TV, skip church, sleep at work, etc. Even when he goes to the bar, he only hangs out with a couple of people (Moe, Barney are the most prominent). Introvert all the way. He doesn't seem to even be a people-person. I don't know how one can call him an extrovert. Just think about it.

He's loud, boisterous, often loves being the center of attention (how many times have you heard him say "look at me!" in a crowded room), he rarely thinks about what he does before doing it, he often throws himself into situations that he regrets later...he's pure extrovert! Those moments in which he keeps to himself are rare at best. Extroverted people need time to rest as well, just because he watches TV and skips church doesn't mean he's introverted at all.

Bart hates the rules of school, usually gets into trouble, and likes doing daredevil stunts on his skateboard. He just doesn't seem to be a people person either. His only close friend is really Milhouse. ISTP.

:thinking: He's the class-clown. He's always making wise-cracks in class, he again loves being the center of attention (you mention he does daredevil stunts on his skateboard, you fail to mention that he also does them with the entire child population of springfield watching him while he wears a mask and cape). Again, how many times have you heard him say "watch this lisa!" When Martin gets an ear-ring, he pathetically tries to get everyone's attention by doing his bartman dance. You could probably find a few good examples every episode of his extraverted nature. How is it at all introverted to want to constantly impress everyone at every possible opportunity?

[edit]: as an addendum, the characters having a small number of main friends is simply a device of story-telling; if you throw too many characters into the mix, none of them will become well-defined. Fictional Characters often have very specific "best friend" supporting characters that can be recycled over and over again as needed, creating an obvious bond.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
He's loud, boisterous, often loves being the center of attention (how many times have you heard him say "look at me!" in a crowded room), he rarely thinks about what he does before doing it, he often throws himself into situations that he regrets later...he's pure extrovert! Those moments in which he keeps to himself are rare at best. Extroverted people need time to rest as well, just because he watches TV and skips church doesn't mean he's introverted at all.

They're not that rare at all, especially in the early prime years of the Simpsons. When he has a choice of what to do, he generally chooses to sit, relax in front of the TV, and he professes his love for it. He doesn't really love being the center of attention. Often, he unintentionally makes a fool of himself, and becomes the center of attention. A perfect example is the episode 'My Sister, My Sitter' where he is caught in the water fountain area, and everyone's pointing and laughing at him, and he feels terribly embarrassed and wants to hide. He's bad at small talk, he prefers to spend time alone. He's an introvert, he's just perceived as extroverted by casual fans.

:thinking: He's the class-clown. He's always making wise-cracks in class, he again loves being the center of attention (you mention he does daredevil stunts on his skateboard, you fail to mention that he also does them with the entire child population of springfield watching him while he wears a mask and cape). Again, how many times have you heard him say "watch this lisa!" When Martin gets an ear-ring, he pathetically tries to get everyone's attention by doing his bartman dance. You could probably find a few good examples every episode of his extraverted nature. How is it at all introverted to want to constantly impress everyone at every possible opportunity?

You have a greater point on the Bart argument, he's almost borderline I/E.

VagrantFarce

They're not that rare at all, especially in the early prime years of the Simpsons. When he has a choice of what to do, he generally chooses to sit, relax in front of the TV, and he professes his love for it. He doesn't really love being the center of attention. Often, he unintentionally makes a fool of himself, and becomes the center of attention. A perfect example is the episode 'My Sister, My Sitter' where he is caught in the water fountain area, and everyone's pointing and laughing at him, and he feels terribly embarrassed and wants to hide. He's bad at small talk, he prefers to spend time alone. He's an introvert, he's just perceived as extroverted by casual fans.

He likes sitting in front of the TV because he's lazy, he sleeps at work because he hates it and he's lazy, he doesn't go to church because it bores him. Now compare those to the thousands of new jobs, new schemes, new plans that he gleefully throws himself into every week without abandon or pre-meditation (and then constantly regretting it later when it doesn't work out). He's easily the most impulsive character on the show, I find it hard to accept that his dominant function is introverted in the slightest. Dominant-extroverted people can get embarassed as well, by the way.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
He likes sitting in front of the TV because he's lazy, he sleeps at work because he hates it and he's lazy, he doesn't go to church because it bores him. Now compare those to the thousands of new jobs, new schemes, new plans that he gleefully throws himself into every week without abandon or pre-meditation (and then constantly regretting it later when it doesn't work out). He's easily the most impulsive character on the show, I find it hard to accept that his dominant function is introverted in the slightest. Dominant-extroverted people can get embarassed as well, by the way.

Those plans/schemes don't involve other people though. He's just trying to have fun and get a thrill. He doesn't want to make friends or talk with people or anything like that. Extroverts generally like to talk to others, but Homer doesn't.

All this has made me want to watch the Simpsons. I think I'll watch an episode right now. I'm watching episode 1002 - The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace. The episode focuses on Homer, I'll see what I feel about his type after I watch it.

VagrantFarce

Those plans/schemes don't involve other people though. He's just trying to have fun and get a thrill. He doesn't want to make friends or talk with people or anything like that. Extroverts generally like to talk to others, but Homer doesn't.

Extraversion/Introversion isn't about wanting to talk to people or not (although Homer has no problem doing that at all since he's the loudest character on the show), it's all about external activity vs. internal contemplation. Here's the classic distinction between the two:

Extraversion: acting before contemplating
Introversion: contemplating before acting

Homer is waaay too impulsive and "turned on" to external activity to be introverted, IMO. He's always doing something and then realising the consequences at a later date, i.e. acting before contemplating. The opposite to this would be Marge, who's signature "hrmmm" is the complete opposite of Homer's rash impulsiveness.

Cool

MBTI Type
ENTP
Light from Death Note is a total INTJ or that's what I beleived

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
All this has made me want to watch the Simpsons. I think I'll watch an episode right now. I'm watching episode 1002 - The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace. The episode focuses on Homer, I'll see what I feel about his type after I watch it.

The episode didn't really help me make up my mind much about him, I'm still leaning towards ISFP. However, it has convinced me that Bart is ESTP (Lisa's complete opposite type).

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Homer is introverted because most of the time he usually likes to sit on the couch, watch football or anything else on TV, skip church, sleep at work, etc.

You confound introversion and apathy, the way wich Homer react to some factuals stimuli are typically extroverted sensors. And Bart is a ESTP, not an ISTP, he've Fe in tertiay function and Ni in inferior, not the contrary, elsewhere, Lisa is INFJ, so there's conflict, and Marge is ISFJ, so there's supervision (largely more than with lisa).

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Alright, makes sense.

Homer - ESFP
Marge - ISFJ
Bart - ESTP
Lisa - INFJ