• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fictional characters MBTI type

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Merged INTJ Fictional Characters thread

Merged ENTP Fictional Characters thread

Last edited:

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm rereading One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, and not very far in, but I just want to throw it out there that Chief Bromden is totally looking like an INFP.

McMurphy is looking like an ESTP I think, but it's early days yet. It wouldn't surprise me much if he turns out to be an ESFJ.

Okay, still reading this and yeah it's taking a long time. But now I'm starting to think McMurphy could be some strange ENTJ or possibly ENFJ. Firstly: he immediately wants to take charge of all the inmates when he arrives. He is very open about this. Secondly: he finds it impossible not to feel responsible for the welfare of the other inmates, even after he's realized that intervening is definitely not in his best interests. He's always trying to bring them out of their shells and standing up for them.

Still only halfway through the book, but he's an interesting character to type.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Just cause I've been rereading it a lot lately:

Fruits Basket:

Tohru: eSFJ
Yuki: INFJ
Kyo: IStP

Shigure: ENTP
Hatori: ISTJ? (but also very compassionate and aware of other's feelings!)
Ayame: ESFP
Akito: crazy (probably extraverted, intuitive)
Kureno: ISFJ

Hanajima:INFP
Uotani: ESTP
Momiji: ENFP
Hatsuharu: INTP?
Rin: INFP
Kagura: ESFJ
Hiro: EnTJ? (or an INTx going through that obnoxious sarcastic preteen stage?)
Kisa: ISFP

Kakeru Manabe: ENfP
Machi: ISTP?
Kimi: ESTp
Nao: ESTJ

I feel like I might have over-typed the characters as Fs given the stories that they inhabit. Considering the saga consists almost entirely of people dealing with their emotional traumas (likely caused by their poor parental figures) through reflection and referencing the past into the present... It's a surprise I wasn't convinced they were all INFJs!

Last edited:

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
The Emperor (Star Wars): ENTJ
; Voldemort (Harry Potter): ENTJ
Severus Snape (Harry Potter); INTJ
Gandolf (Lord of the Rings); INFJ
Dale Cooper (Twin Peaks); No idea
Fox Mulder (X-Files); ENTP
The Smoking Man (X-Files); No idea
Magneto (X-Men); ENTJ
Dr. Strange (Marvel Comics character); No idea
Dr. Doom (Fantastic Four); ENTJ
Ben Linus (Lost); No idea
John Locke (Lost); No idea
Adam Cartwright (Bonanza); No idea
Michael Corleone (The Godfather); No idea
Batman; INTJ
Jean-Luc Picard (Star Trek NG); INFJ
Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl series); No idea
Wesley Wyndam-Price (Buffy/Angel); No idea
Rupert Giles (Buffy); No idea
Clarice Starling (Silence of the Lambs) INFP

Most of your classic villains are ENTJs.

In fantastic fiction, comics, anime, TV and movies, there are plenty of INTJ villains who are decidedly not ENTJs. Darkside INTJs often make more interesting bad guys because of their dominant, twisted Ni function, while ENTJs are the more “normal” villians. Consider Emperor Palpatine in Star Wars and his primary focus: Introverted Intuation (INTJ) or Extraverted thinking (ENTJ)? Grand visions, sorcery and possibilities or left brain logic and structuring? Seems pretty clear that his first function is Ni and that he used his second function Te to help impliment, plot and structure his visions of empire. Voldemort from Harry Potter likewise fits this mold.

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
James T. Kirk (Star Trek); Indiana Jones; Dumbledore (Harry Potter); JR Ewing (Dallas); Lando Calrissian (Star Wars); The Joker (Batman); The Wizard (Wizard of Oz); Sawyer (Lost); Daisy Adair (Dead Like Me); Hannibal Smith (The A-Team); MacGyver; Eddie Haskell (Leave it to Beaver); Dr. Zarchary Smith (Lost in Space); Tyrion Lannister (George R.R. Martin's Ice and Fire epic); Garfield; Loki (Norse Mythology)

I’m a big fan of ENTPs, at least as fictional characters, so here are a few more to savor:

Freddy Krueger (Nightmare on Elm Street)
The Remover of Inconvenient Obstacles (“War of the Flowers”
by Tad Williams)

Locke Lamora (Scott Lynch’s “The Lies of Locke Lamora”)
John Constantine (Vertigo comics “Hellblazer” series)
Jack (Vertigo comics “Fables” series)
Ralph Kramden (The Honeymooners)

nightwatcher

MBTI Type
INXJ
Who here is a fan of "24"?
Here are my opinions.

Jack Bauer: ISTP
Tony Almedia: INFJ
Chloe O'Brien: INTP
David Palmer: ENTJ
Kim Bauer: ISFP
Michelle Dessler: ENTJ
Mike Novick: ISTJ
Bill Buchanan: ENFJ
Audrey Raines: ISFJ
Wayne Palmer: ENFP
Sherry Palmer: INFJ
Curtis Manning: ESTJ
Aaron Pierce: ESFJ
Edgar Stiles: ISFJ
Nina Meyers: ISTP
Charles Logan: ESFP
Karen Hayes: ENTP
Milo Pressman: ISFP
George Mason: ESTJ
Morris O'Brien: INFP
Kate Warner: INTJ
Teri Bauer: ESFJ
Chase Edmunds: ESTP
Martha Logan: ENFP
Tom Lennox: INTP
Nadia Yassir: ISTJ
Ryan Chappelle: ISTJ

I don't have time to go into detail right now. But if anyone has any questions, I'll explain why I picked the following types.

Looks like a good list, so I decided to resurrect it. I watched seasons 4 & 5 of 24 when they aired on Fox and remember it well enough to know that any ISTP character list is incomplete without Jack Bauer. Likewise Chloe O’Brien a good addition to any INTP list.

I’m wondering about President Logan, though. Yes, he could be typed as a weak, bumbling, not especially bright and indecisive kind of ESFP. But I thought his personality turned out to be a sham when he was revealed to be in league with an X-Files-ish shadow syndicate. I can’t quite recall what his reasons were, if he was really an NTish bad guy playing a misleading role, or if they were threatening his family or something.

MuraKoji

MBTI Type
LOCK
Enneagram
8w7
Hi!

Today I watch Kung Fu Panda. Kung Fu Panda suddenly become my top favorite because of the morals in the story. I mean, it teaches you everything. Beside that, I also like Po's joking *But still, Tai Lung is the best IMO*

Now here's my opinion about the characters' MBTI Type:

Po: ESFP (or maybe he's N?)
Shifu: INTJ
Tai Lung: ISTP
Tigress: ESTJ *Not sure about this one, though*
(I don't know the rest)

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
UGLY BETTY
Here's a good people-oriented show...

Betty ISFJ (informing, cooperative/loyal)
father ISTJ
sister E---?
nephew ISFP
Daniel ISTP?
Alexis E--P?
Wilhemina ENTJ
Mark INFJ
Amanda ESTP
Mrs. Meade E--J?
(Mr. Meade) ESTJ

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Eric B said:
UGLY BETTY
Here's a good people-oriented show...

Betty ISFJinforming, cooperative/loyal)
father ISTJ
sister E---?
nephew ISFP
Daniel ISTP?
Alexis E--P?
Wilhemina ENTJ
Mark INFJ
Amanda ESTP
Mrs. Meade E--J?
(Mr. Meade) ESTJ

I seem to think the Ss and the Fs over-represent on this show, but they're in fashion! Of course the S is going to show. And the show is fairly sentimental.

Betty: ISFJ (Agree. And all the moralizing!)
Papi: ISFJ (all the moral support... and does he ever get out of the apron nowadays?)
Hilda (sister): ESFP
Justin (nephew): ENFP? ISFP?

Daniel: eSFP (Impulsive, charming, doesn't think very far ahead)
Alexis: ESTP (Sometimes cutthroat but somewhat easily swayed)
Wilhemina: ENTJ
Mark: I???
Amanda: ESFP

Mrs. Meade: ESFJ? (stuck around Bradford so long, now changing her life- developing inferior functions?)
Mr. Meade: eSTJ (agree- kind of the personality oddball out of the show, really)

Gio: ISxP
Henry: ISTJ? (nerdy and sweet accountant)
Charlie: ISFP

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Papi: ISFJ (all the moral support... and does he ever get out of the apron nowadays?)
Him the same as Betty? I could see that somewhat, but he seems to have more of a critical edge (socially or in interaction), and IMO looks overall like a Chart the Course . He's more warm and nice with the family in good situations, but when you see him deal with outsiders (which is not as often as others who are out more), or being stern with family members, he looks more directive. (that's how pure Melancholies usually are). The moral support I would think would come from the SJ, which we are both agreed on. Or do you think it's more Fe? I'll have to think on that.

Hilda (sister): ESFP
I wasn't sure at all, though she does seem to have a critical streak at times as well, like a T or J (but not both of course!) I have generally come to think of T and J as more "serious", and F and P as less so. Of course, every type has its negative reactions, but the matter is separating what is a stressful reaction, and what is apart of the normal interaction style (or structure/motive focus of temperament).
You don't often see her being serious, but sometimes she is. Cholerics (In Charge) can look nice and friendly like Sanguines (or Get Things Going) at times, but it seems she generally tends to be critical to people she has no "use" for. (Like that female neighbor she competes with. Would an ESFP--or any FP carry on with that constant "battle" like that?)

Justin (nephew): ENFP? ISFP?
I think he definitely leans towards the Artisan. Though he could be considered extraverted.

Daniel: eSFP (Impulsive, charming, doesn't think very far ahead)
Again; I see him as having a critical streak somewhere. But maybe that's just under stress. I guess he has to work in that family business, but probably rather would be off having fun somewhere. (He did say he was going to run off like that once).
He also seems to ultimately be more of an introvert, but once again, is in these positions where he 'has' to deal with people. He does seem to like being alone alot.

Amanda: ESFP
Again, definitely too much of a "not nice" streak for what I see in normal FP descriptions. Again, a pure "user" of people (in a "choleric" sense). Looking at functions, it is hard to tell whether Ti or Fi are supporting, because the Se seems to crowd everything out. But she doesn't seem like a Feeling type. If she uses more Fi, then we could suggest a TJ type with nonpreferred Fi, but then is she that much into Te? A person like that who's just an almost brainless sex pot is really hard to determine, because you don't really see her use her mind or hear heart. Except perhaps in scheming with Mark?

Mrs. Meade: ESFJ?
With her, I didn't feel like thinking too hard anymore. I just remembered her being almost insane-like, but now, out of prison, she's more normal, and I have to get a better portrait of her.

Gio: ISxP
Henry: ISTJ? (nerdy and sweet accountant)
Charlie: ISFP

I had forgotten about them, last night, and was thinking about it today.

"Gio" is that new guy who's being all aggressive in pursuing Betty, right? I would think ESTP. Or possibly ENTP?

Henry, I was going to say ISTJ: typical geeky/brainy "pure Melancholy".

Charlie, I would think some sort of ISF, as well. She seems to have a bit of that critical "J" nature to me. That would make her the same as Betty, and upfront, it could be, but maybe she's less conscientious? (more pragmatic) I would have to see more of her again. I think about how she manages to always keep Henry from being completely free.

Then, the original boyfriend from the neighborhood (didn't he move away somewhere too?): some sort of I--P.

The Grey Badger

MBTI Type
INTP
And the Phlegmatic is? I had the In Charge, Get Things Going,etc book once but let it out of my hands.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think you necessarily need a T or J streak to be critical per say. Certainly even FPs are discriminating and competitive. And even some that are plenty "not nice".

I'm going to need more Betty study to really reply in depth to your Ugly Betty analysis. Meanwhile, will just tackle two:

Daniel: When we meet him, he's pretty shallow. Loves to party and have a good time, but forced somewhat into the family business (Definite SP). I think he displays F when you compare him in his relationships with Alexis (and to a lesser extent, his best friend, the player photographer). I think there were a few storylines in this season where he butted heads with Alexis regarding business, and Daniel was particularly hurt when Alexis sided with Wilhemina. He really takes business matters personally, whereas Alexis is much more pragmatic. Obviously over time as he gets better at doing his job he'll take it more pragmatically also... Overall an SFP at the very least.

Amanda: You're totally right about her being too much of a cariacture to really type. :laugh: Definitely not insightful. (poor N? but some of her schemes are just so... ridiculous. And hilarious.)

Charlie: When we first meet Charlie, she and Betty click pretty well, and I think it's then that I first thought she was an ISFP. She's pretty easy-going and makes jewelry and is a bit of a free-spirit and into the new-agey stuff (a little bit). I think any person can become possesive and angry in Charlie's situation regardless of personality type, but they ways in which she attempts to break up Betty and Henry don't seem very Fe to me, in that she's pretty poor at subtle emotional manipulation.

~~~~~~

Howl's Moving Castle (by Diana Wynne Jones)

Sophie: eSFJ - she acts like more of an ISFJ, but really that's her in an unhealthy state. When she becomes an old woman she's really more released to be herself and seems to fall on the extraverted side of the spectrum.

Howl: ENtP - self-obsessed/vain, whimsical, and frenetic.

Calcifer: INTP?? - snarky/sarcastic but very alike Howl, really

Michael: IStJ (possibly ISfJ)- acts like a doormat sometimes (as much as a teenager is likely to) but is possibly the most responsible/practical one of the lot

Others:
Fannie (stepmom): ESFP
Lettie (sister): ESTP
Martha (sister): I?T?
Megan (Howl's sister): ESTJ
"Miss Angorian": ISTJ
King of Ingary: ENFJ- able to get people to do what he wants and want them to want to do it too
Mrs. Pentsemmon (Howl's teacher): ExTJ

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think you necessarily need a T or J streak to be critical per say. Certainly even FPs are discriminating and competitive. And even some that are plenty "not nice".
Maybe so, but Hilda and Amanda don't seem to quite fit in what I have seen in FP type profiles. Daniel possibly, though. It's not just any "discrimination" or "competition" or "not nice" per-se I am describing (as anyone can do these things), but rather such apparent strong disposition for these things
I'm going to need more Betty study to really reply in depth to your Ugly Betty analysis. Meanwhile, will just tackle two:

Daniel: When we meet him, he's pretty shallow. Loves to party and have a good time, but forced somewhat into the family business (Definite SP). I think he displays F when you compare him in his relationships with Alexis (and to a lesser extent, his best friend, the player photographer). I think there were a few storylines in this season where he butted heads with Alexis regarding business, and Daniel was particularly hurt when Alexis sided with Wilhemina. He really takes business matters personally, whereas Alexis is much more pragmatic. Obviously over time as he gets better at doing his job he'll take it more pragmatically also... Overall an SFP at the very least.
Maybe so.
Charlie: When we first meet Charlie, she and Betty click pretty well, and I think it's then that I first thought she was an ISFP. She's pretty easy-going and makes jewelry and is a bit of a free-spirit and into the new-agey stuff (a little bit). I think any person can become possesive and angry in Charlie's situation regardless of personality type, but they ways in which she attempts to break up Betty and Henry don't seem very Fe to me, in that she's pretty poor at subtle emotional manipulation.
OK, good point. I didn't remember that much about her, except her getting in Betty and Henry's way. I guess she did seem nicer earlier on, until Henry left her and got interested in Betty, then this evil side suddenly erupted. Whatever she is, she seems to have a bit of an unstable streak (somewhat like Mrs. Meade).

And the Phlegmatic is? I had the In Charge, Get Things Going,etc book once but let it out of my hands.
In the Interaction Styles, that would be Behind the Scenes.